Visa extensions approved under previous amnesty upheld until Nov 30 at Phuket IO this morning

2 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Yet another page used in the passport.

I am waiting for the gurners who can't get the extension they really need because their passport is already full of previous extensions that they didn't really need.

Can they not get a new passport in time.....or also waiting last minute solution ?

Smart applicants anticipate in time when few pages only left i would say

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, david555 said:
43 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Yet another page used in the passport.

I am waiting for the gurners who can't get the extension they really need because their passport is already full of previous extensions that they didn't really need.

Can they not get a new passport in time.....or also waiting last minute solution ?

You would think so, no? However, these pages were already frequently cluttered up with panic-struck "tourists" suddenly discovering they only have a page left before their next Cambodian border hop or their passport has less than 6-months validity remaining. And that was back in the languorous pre-Covid days.

I blame the water myself.

46 minutes ago, david555 said:

If this is even an option depends on their home country, and possible consequences if changing their residency status.

For example Germany only issues passports abroad if you official unregistered from living in Germany.

So for some people, once the passport is full, they might have to return back to their home country.

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, jackdd said:

If this is even an option depends on their home country, and possible consequences if changing their residency status.

For example Germany only issues passports abroad if you official unregistered from living in Germany.

So for some people, once the passport is full, they might have to return back to their home country.

I think they could still get an emergency passport or 2nd passport, which is only valid for 1 year

1 hour ago, jackdd said:

O.K. understand , but here you have then the problem that those who  live outside their country whiteout inscribing their Embassy in the country they live really …...some for "specific" reasons...????

They always can get from those Embassy's anyway a replacement doc. who let them travel to their country back …. OR they can still inscribe at the local Country Embassy … and then get a new passport ...????,

after they can again inscribe back to thome country after they have the passport ????

(can be done online in gov. register, commune register,or online Embassy example my E.U. country )

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NanLaew said:

You would think so, no? However, these pages were already frequently cluttered up with panic-struck "tourists" suddenly discovering they only have a page left before their next Cambodian border hop or their passport has less than 6-months validity remaining. And that was back in the languorous pre-Covid days.

I blame the water myself.

Anyway those waited too long , or being to self satisficed  it was enough pages , I would say so many miles/Km from home country and  non inscribed Home Country Embassy  the problem arise , as I got easily a new passport At BKK home Country embassy …. but followed the proper rules when living outside my home country

Truly you have to blame the water by yourself in such case  ???? 

2 hours ago, jackdd said:

Not really. The German Embassy just has to ask the local passport office (where the applicant is registered, in Germany) for permission, which adds a few days to the process. There's also an additional fee.

• Like 1

So i just tried to extend my stay until the 30th Nov. Didn't end well.

I paid to extend my tourist visa prior sept. 26, which the IO did. I also came armed with an embassy letter.

Today i went to get the 30th Nov stamp - no problem. Done in 5 mins.

Then i get called back to the IO, they voided the extension that they just gave me, and told me tourists can't stay here longer than 90 days. I showed them the embassy letter also, no good. Was told that i have to apply for the new visa (3,900 baht) for 60 day extension before the 31st. They didn't say i needed to show any evidence or anything, just complete the form (attached).

So why am i not entitled to the 30th Nov stamp, but others are?

IMG_0346.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, 2530Ubon said:

I paid to extend my tourist visa prior sept. 26, which the IO did. I also came armed with an embassy letter.

Then i get called back to the IO, they voided the extension that they just gave me, and told me tourists can't stay here longer than 90 days. I showed them the embassy letter also, no good. Was told that i have to apply for the new visa (3,900 baht) for 60 day extension before the 31st. They didn't say i needed to show any evidence or anything, just complete the form (attached).

IMG_0346.jpg

This probably deserves it's own thread, this is pretty big news. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, 2530Ubon said:

IMG_0346.jpg

Never seen this form ever before?  Which office did you go to?

5 minutes ago, audaciousnomad said:

Seems like maybe that office jumped the gun and started rolling out that new(although vague) 60-day visa program that was hinted at in the Thai Enquirer. 

It has been put in writing already. It is dated the 1st ofOctober but not posted on the immigration website until today in Thai. I am now waiting for a translation of it.

1 hour ago, 2530Ubon said:

I am in the same situation. I didn't have an embassy letter and used a regular tourist visa extension in Chiang Mai. It seems that I lost 1900 baht + travel expenses. 

Edited by JoseThailand
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It has been put in writing already. It is dated the 1st ofOctober but not posted on the immigration website until today in Thai. I am now waiting for a translation of it.

Is it this one? https://www.immigration.go.th/?avada_portfolio=การอนุญาตให้คนต่างด้าว-3&portfolioCats=31%2C31

6 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Thanks. Without yet seeing the official translation, this users' report conflicts with many who have already been to offices including Div 1 (MTT) and gotten stamped to 30-Nov without difficulty.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, audaciousnomad said:

Thanks. Without yet seeing the official translation, this users' report conflicts with many who have already been to offices including Div 1 (MTT) and gotten stamped to 30-Nov without difficulty.

Perhaps it was because i extended my Tourist visa. I had an embassy letter just in case they wouldn't extend my TV. Paid the same price and get the same amount of days as an embassy letter, so i'm a bit shocked that they issued the extension, then revoked it 30 mins later - i had to drive back to the office too!

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, audaciousnomad said:

But the one that was denied the stamp to November 30th got a 30 day extension of his tourist visa entry not with a embassy letter.

The others returned on the day stamped on a under consideration stamp given when using a embassy letter.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, 2530Ubon said:

Perhaps it was because i extended my Tourist visa. I had an embassy letter just in case they wouldn't extend my TV. Paid the same price and get the same amount of days as an embassy letter, so i'm a bit shocked that they issued the extension, then revoked it 30 mins later - i had to drive back to the office too!

Thanks for the update @2530Ubon.  Which office was it ?

1 hour ago, alw22 said:

Any idea if we must return to the same immigration office where we got the under consideration stamp?  Or can we go to any office?

You have to go to the office where you applied for the extension.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

But the one that was denied the stamp to November 30th got a 30 day extension of his tourist visa entry not with a embassy letter.

The others returned on the day stamped on a under consideration stamp given when using a embassy letter.

Thanks @ubonjoe.  It would seem that administratively, they are trying to differentiate new tourists from "covid-stranded" tourists.  The language that was used when they rejected his application, "tourists cannot stay more than 90 days" makes me think this.  Effectively, we go from "stuck tourists" to "covid refugees", for lack of a better way to describe it.

• Like 1