STV not available to UK travellers - only ‘low risk’ countries able to apply

webfact

9 hours ago, fxe1200 said:

Tonga and Vanatu are definitely low risk countries. But I doubt, they want to swap their beaches with those in Thailand.

Vanuatu definitely a close second to Thailand in the opaque government stakes... Tonga is a similar Kingdom of Royalty with similar benefits

Their beaches would most likely be a little less soiled but certainly have the advantage of a big ocean with excellent currents washing things clean.....

44 minutes ago, SupermarineS6B said:

Shove it.......   I'm waiting until there's a change of mob or until the people boil this lot for dinner....  I'm not jumping through hoops for Tw@#$ that hate us........ Nope.......  

Give it 3/4 months and they will be begging for you to return. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MR1888 said:

The PCR test has a 99% accuracy meaning that in 1% of all tests will result in a false positive.

Unsure on that. Could mean that 1% will result in a false negative ?..

or more probably a combination of false positive/negative?.. but I ignore the ratio.

The prove of the pudding will be in the eating. Certainly not for Europeans. Thai Embassies do not have the staff or facilities to handle such a complicated visa on any scale the costs involved will not attract much interest even from the mega rich. My advice wait until next year no rush wait for mega incentives which will no doubt follow.

34 minutes ago, Gjk7777 said:

Thailand's agenda is at the moment, is to let the least amount of people in, but making sure they are wealthy, plain and simple!

That will soon pass then what? 

They need their bread and butter tourists who will bring the resorts back to life with their spending. 

It’s typical Thai to do things they say they are doing. Milk everything to the extreme for what you can before finally getting to the common sense approach. 

By Xmas, the ridiculously expensive quarantine hotels will be gone and people will be able to quarantine at their residence, as most normal countries are already doing. 

Edited by Kadilo

4 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

That will soon pass then what? 

They need their bread and butter tourists who will bring the resorts back to life with their spending. 

It’s typical Thai to do things they say they are doing. Milk everything to the extreme for what you can before finally getting to the common sense approach. 

By Xmas, the ridiculously expensive quarantine hotels will be gone and people will be able to quarantine at their residence, as most normal countries are already doing. 

Why do you think it will soon pass? It's been 6 months since Thailand has closed it's boarders. The Government is not concerned one bit about it's Tourist industry, it's taken them 6 months to get this far!

3 minutes ago, Gjk7777 said:

Why do you think it will soon pass? It's been 6 months since Thailand has closed it's boarders. The Government is not concerned one bit about it's Tourist industry, it's taken them 6 months to get this far!

I meant as in the wealthy Chinese who are the only ones they are currently bothered about. That’s their first priority , because they are greedy. 

Once that passes and the country is still in a financial mess they will be looking to the rest. 6 months in and starting to bite hard. Another 3/4 and they will need to make changes else there will be more than a few students on the streets. 

I disagree they dont care about Tourism Industry. The revenue it brings makes it a high priority whether they admit it at the moment or not. There have been some rumblings in the past few days that show some areas are getting impatient and looking for things to move quicker. 

27 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

I meant as in the wealthy Chinese who are the only ones they are currently bothered about. That’s their first priority , because they are greedy. 

Once that passes and the country is still in a financial mess they will be looking to the rest. 6 months in and starting to bite hard. Another 3/4 and they will need to make changes else there will be more than a few students on the streets. 

I disagree they dont care about Tourism Industry. The revenue it brings makes it a high priority whether they admit it at the moment or not. There have been some rumblings in the past few days that show some areas are getting impatient and looking for things to move quicker. 

They don't care about Tourism as it goes to the poorest people, Don't forget that most of Tourist Industry employees are from the North east, Thailand's poorest region, they are the rice workers, they want to keep them poor for a reason. Who wants to work for 12 hours in 40 degrees heat for £10...not me ! 

9 hours ago, lensta said:

So, my question is, if you are a citizen of a dirty country but reside in a clean country can you get a  Sexually Transmitted Visa or not? Are you considered dirty by nationality or by country of residence?

The Swiss Thai Embassy website states 'Applicants must hold an ordinary passport of Switzerland or must have permanent residence in Switzerland (Permit C)'

So it looks like you could apply for the STV if you have permanent residency of the 'low risk' country

14 minutes ago, kiwikeith said:

As I pointed out b4 the first flight to come is full of CP group executives. 

CP group is the wealthiest Chinese family in Thailand. 

CP have huge interest in China. 

They have huge insurance interests among many other interest. 

The STV is a front for them to come in and buy up the bargains. 

The beach front roads are going to be widened in Pattaya to park more buses. Do you think for one minute that Prayut designed the STV, if you do then think again, it's a Taylor made pilot scheme for Chinese Investors. 

Just wondering, is NZ able to apply? Seeing it is now the world's top Passport and ranked as the world's safest C19 countries. 

They don't care about Tourism as it goes to the poorest people, Don't forget that most of Tourist Industry employees are from the North east, Thailand's poorest region, they are the rice workers, they want to keep them poor for a reason. Who wants to work for 12 hours in 40 degrees heat for £10...not me ! 

56 minutes ago, Mickeem said:

The Swiss Thai Embassy website states 'Applicants must hold an ordinary passport of Switzerland or must have permanent residence in Switzerland (Permit C)'

So it looks like you could apply for the STV if you have permanent residency of the 'low risk' country

Why bother? Just wait until it's over! All this <deleted> about visa discrepancies, it's beyond me!    

16 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

Still have to do 14d quaranten, so why does it matter where you're from? 

It matters if you have to take up hospital beds and treatment. The UK needn't think its a loner , doubtful if the US or France or any other country with high infection rates will be included either.

Edited by chainarong
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Flying Saucage said:

Yes, and also China is hardly an epitome of honesty and transparency. Why should anyone believe their official numbers? 

Indeed, the UK sets a much better example. ???????????? 

A post discussing another member and asking him off topic personal questions has been removed, please see the following forum rule that you agreed to when you signed up. .

25) No public discussion is allowed with regard to other forum members,

• Like 1

18 hours ago, sandyf said:

You really should look past the xenophobia.

In the early 1930's about 12% of the population in Thailand were Chinese nationals.

you are reading propaganda han chinese history in Thailand, no way its anywhere near 12% then and unless you put in mixed marriages it would be 12% now, its called reality of gangster regimes selling out their countries to the chinese, the chinese started to come on mass in the 1860's through a similar project to the belt and road now, for building infrastructure and being granted citizenship, they use these countries for their population to grow and abuse as, motherland china is over populated and been over populated for centuries, why do you think they invaded east turkistan, tibet, mongolia, all distinct cultures and history from china, by invading these countries they increased chinas land mass by 250%, just have to look at the map of shame, where china classes thailand as greater china, thats 100 years ago, when the chinese population in thailand would be no more than a few per cent. don't be fooled by fake chinese history, fake population numbers to make people believe its their country, or cousins, or its always been this way, its one big lie, and the chinese middle class/upper class in bangkok, will sing the fake tunes all day long

1) The STV is deliberately a  labyrinth of unnecessary steps and financial requirements to delay, obfuscate, and dissuade tourists from coming while pretending to be making progress on getting tourists in.

2) “Low-Risk” actually just means “western countries that support democracy.” They don’t want western influence in the country while they gear up to suppress the student protests
3) Prayut is deliberately suffocating the tourist economy to bankrupt red light industries and areas that cater to farangs in support of points 1+2

4) to solidify the destruction of the farang reservations, Chinese “”””tourists”””” are being allowed to come in and buy up these businesses so that they can spread like locusts and create more soulless hives of zero dollar tourism.

I’ve always been fascinated by the absence of morality in their psychology, but I also believe it cannot endure and there will be a breaking point, hopefully soon 

21 hours ago, lensta said:

So, my question is, if you are a citizen of a dirty country but reside in a clean country can you get a  Sexually Transmitted Visa or not? Are you considered dirty by nationality or by country of residence?

When I visit Pattaya, COVID is way down the bottom of the list of viruses that concerns me most 

6 hours ago, humbug said:

you are reading propaganda han chinese history in Thailand,

Just down the road from us there is a Chinese graveyard that stretches for as far as the eye can see, and there are many of them about.

My wife is second generation Chinese and the family do all the traditions, nothing to with reading anything.

2 hours ago, from the home of CC said:

plus they're hiding the thousands of extra hospital admissions right?

They don’t admit them because they don’t test them, send them home with a few paracetamol. Only a small number of vulnerable people need to be hospitalised.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/5/2020 at 2:38 PM, crazykopite said:

Doesn’t matter what they say very few tourists if any are going to come to Thailand due to the strict regulations . As for these Chinese who are coming in over the next 48 hours they are not tourists they are business people who have no doubt been given every available hospitality available in order to pass them off as some sort of tourist . Have these ministers never heard of the well known phrase  “ Pigs Can Fly “ if not maybe if they look at the picture it will help them to understand 

FBC0B854-FCAD-4095-8E3A-849E64105C2B.jpeg

Always regarded , Boris as a High flyer .

Leading by example ...

Being from the UK , wont be seeing him in the Thai Kingdom , long time ..

Safety first , you know it makes sense ..

Edited by elliss
spelling

15 hours ago, Gjk7777 said:

Why bother? Just wait until it's over! All this <deleted> about visa discrepancies, it's beyond me!    

When , will that be ?. 

The twelve of never ...

That's a long long time .

Edited by elliss
spelling