No hope for Non O based on retirement.

On 10/5/2020 at 9:58 PM, Pottinger said:

If you didn't know it already, this makes pretty clear just what present Thai authorities think of their responsibilities towards retirees with 'Non-O' visas and extensions, bought in good faith.

I renewed my 1 year non-o extension back on 11 September. I didn't bother getting multiple re-entry permit this time because as we all know that privilege was taken away of no fault of our own. No prorated refund either for the money we paid in good faith. As far as I'm concerned immigration robbed all of us and I will NEVER pay for ANYTHING in advance to this government again! I feel so sorry for everyone that owns property here and can't return. Needless to say let this be a lesson learn for everyone else in the future NEVER invest money in a business ir buy property here!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/5/2020 at 10:00 PM, Nout said:

Nonsense.  With thousands of empty hotel rooms they do have ability to process thousands in quarantine

Nonsense.  Those hotels have to apply to be included in the scheme, not every hotel in Thailand can qualify.  And not every hotel wants to be a quarantine hotel! 

The government cannot just take over private property and fill it with quarantined visitors.

Edited by Min Geniff

1 hour ago, Min Geniff said:

Nonsense.  Those hotels have to apply to be included in the scheme, not every hotel in Thailand can qualify.  And not every hotel wants to be a quarantine hotel! 

The government cannot just take over private property and fill it with quarantined visitors.

I think possibly ‘gratuities’ will be available to be on the list, I think the ones that are could be taking a huge risk as they will be known as Covid/quarantine hotels and as and when Thailand opens the borders people might be reluctant to book them.

On 10/5/2020 at 10:00 PM, Nout said:

Nonsense.  With thousands of empty hotel rooms they do have ability to process thousands in quarantine

Even if they couldn't, they could still handle non-O returnees on a quota system, just like Australia does. IMO they simply don't want to.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Jumbo1968 said:

I think possibly ‘gratuities’ will be available to be on the list, I think the ones that are could be taking a huge risk as they will be known as Covid/quarantine hotels and as and when Thailand opens the borders people might be reluctant to book them.

By the time Thailand opens its boarders many of the hotels who have not adapted to providing ASQ would have gone bust !

2 minutes ago, mlkik said:

By the time Thailand opens its boarders many of the hotels who have not adapted to providing ASQ would have gone bust !

Plenty of hotels won't ever be ASQ venues......

Maybe they can survive on weekenders.....

On 10/7/2020 at 8:40 AM, Peter Denis said:

The 3 required 'Director' signatures would make it as good as impossible to get the Foreign Insurance Certificate signed.  But it is - as usual - a bad Thai translation for an insurance representative (acting on behalf of the company).  Having the FIC signed by your insurance contact person, an insurer sales rep and an insurer customer service rep will suffice.

Correct.

And some Embassies/consulates will accept insurance docs without the certificate if you are unable to get it (not all, ask yours)

• Thanks 1

How long will it take for all those expats currently outside Thailand to get back? Well, at current number of seats allocated on flights from the UK, it would take one and a half years just for those already on the waiting list. It will require some serious increases in quarantine capacity to speed that up.

And with the current second wave in Europe, i cannot see much in the way of changes to their procedures before spring time. Either relaxing rules will occur very slowly, as of present, or an about turn in policies may happen once the tourism industry collapses entirely - but i think already to late to stop that.

• Like 1