Thailand begins piloting first month of foreign visitor arrivals

webfact

8 hours ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

beats me why anyone, even Chinese "digital nomads," would want to go there for at least 90 days.

Yes, I agree. And Chinese never seemed to be very interested in Nightlife activities. 

Some smart guy might convert his Go Go Bar and offer Spitting competitions, including illegal betting and gambling.

And may be the laws get changed for Chinese Passport holders, making everything legal for them.

Bending over backwards to attract Chinese Tourists.

• Haha 2

they can not miss understand the real problem they made:

1/ 14 days in ASQ expensive hotels/jail no one want to go (even the rich people)

2/Thai expensive and unsafe insurance they want to force people to paid to come when there is hundreds other insurances around the world, much better cover offered at cheaper price with warranty to be paid if problem (and who speak each relative client language).

Which kind of people will paid a lot to:

1/ a stranger insurance from which, in case of problem, you will never be able to speak with someone can speak your language (or which never want to understand what you said just for have to not paid)

2/ a ticket fly before to know if they can come

3/ an hotel 5 stars reservation before to be sure to be able to come

?

Would they do all of this themselves ? clearly: no, never.

Impossible they can not understand, no one, all around the world, even in asylum, can be so stupid.

So... why they do that and speak again and again and again the same stupid story ?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DefaultName said:

Holiday, no.  But a lot of older Scandi's spend 6-7 months here to get away from their winter.  For them it might be worth it.  However, they come from societies with a lot of personal freedom, I can't see them jumping through the hoops needed to get here, or putting up with the monitoring talked about.

"Ordinary" tourists are at least 6 months away, possibly 9.  By this time next year I see things being open again, though how much of the tourist base is gone forever is anyone's guess.  I'm not knocking the Thai authorities in this, IMO, they've done a great job of keeping the virus out, I feel much safer here than friends and relatives do in the UK.

Just read TUI's report of the best selling destinations for Swedish tourists this coming autumn and winter , Cyprus and Gran Canaria they are, no visas needed and no Thai crazy BS. Beer, wine, and great Farang food to lower prices than LOS, not to mention the hotels and the flights are also much cheaper. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Ganesh108 said:

Maybe they could make this the STV theme song:

Flip, flop and fly
I don't care if I die
Flip, flop and fly
I don't care if I die

Big Joe Turner, 1955

Brilliant!  Now just one word needs to be changed....

'Flip, flop and fly
I don't care if I lie'

Now translate that into Thai.

10 hours ago, ronaldo0 said:

As I said before I’m sure the 150 arriving was just a story to try get other applicants or people interested to panic thinking the Chinese would be getting all the quarantine hotel spaces etc and suddenly rush to apply from Europe etc . When in fact no 150 are arriving and the Thai government have now seen this ploy didn’t work and there was no rush by European tourists etc to come or apply to come . So now they are thinking what mental story to think up now to try get people to come , but if you ask me their plans will be dead in the water like tourism until they get rid of the 14 day quarantine and the insurance !

I suspect the government wanted it to fail.   Their xenophobia is apparent to most people.  Their hereditary links for a large section of the population towards China, and more so for the elites (I hate that expression) will see the Chinese get priority over other peoples in the eventual build up of the economy at all levels.  This China bias goes back a long way with some scholars saying Chinese people came to Siam over 1100 years ago.  

• Like 1

The government will not offer them any refunds for flights, accommodation, insurance, and other fees they already paid for the Special Tourist Visas, or STV, since the delay is not officially considered as a cancellation of the policy. 

https://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/2020/10/07/no-refunds-govt-delays-special-tourist-visas-2-days-before-launch/

On 10/7/2020 at 2:08 AM, visarunner said:

They should give priority to holder of retirement visa or extension too. I have friends in Europe and they are more than unhappy with the response from Thai Embassies. 

The answer is NO. Since my nonimm O is about to expire, I had planned to go for STV. Want to retrieve my belongings and bank account contents. Embassy told me re STV: not yet. Longstay has my country on "low risk". Not sure how this would work out for CoE.