Survey finds negative views of China soar among advanced economies

webfact

37 minutes ago, grumpy 4680 said:

Yes, China may need 4.7 million STEM graduates, to understand the mysteries of the technology it regularly steals, then try to advance the science without spending a penny on the original development costs

I guess the same can be said about US rocket technology. 

• Confused 2

On 10/7/2020 at 8:36 AM, ChipButty said:

I asked my daughter who lives in England what about all the Chinese chippies she said some places have been trashed or closed down

and many of them are first or second generation of HK immigrants ... so yea .. that sound very logical,  ... ;-(

22 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

In general, I would say it is a healthy, and safe attitude toward the CCP. They are considerably more heinous, than the most heinous governments among us. They are up to no good. 

Having said that, I am no fan of Trump and his trade policies toward China, Iran and Cuba are beyond ignorant, and have been very unproductive. One could describe them as downright destructive. 

Trump is on his way out the door. Let us hope Xi will be soon, too.

Xi is apparently under  pressure inside China as well by some accounts . The Hong Kong issue compounded by the undeniable mishandling of the Covid-19 outbreak in terms of International implications have unsettled the CCP. But that the USA is more suspect than China or Iran or North Korea and by a significant  degree is hardly bragging  material for Trump. It is the Leadership of a country that forms the perspective of wider opinion at the end of the day.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, grumpy 4680 said:

Yes, China may need 4.7 million STEM graduates, to understand the mysteries of the technology it regularly steals, then try to advance the science without spending a penny on the original development costs

Regularly stealing technology? Here's another statistic for clueless people like you:

Ranking of the 10 countries who filed the most international patent applications in 2019

• Haha 1

A reminder to those posting here of a pertinent forum rule:

11) You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

2 hours ago, Selatan said:

Regularly stealing technology? Here's another statistic for clueless people like you:

Ranking of the 10 countries who filed the most international patent applications in 2019

China is a developmental state. Look at what that means. The UK and Germany did it in the 1800s. Japan and Korea after the second world war. Its a way of developing without paying by the rules of the market and gaining an unfair advantage over companies that do. China's economic model is 200 years old.  It is not superior to that of any other country. Selatan, you are ignorant and unaware or very very young. China's education system is regulated so that people are not taught independent critical thinking. Science is safe. China lies about its history to its people. It forces neighbouring countries to airbrush the atrocities of China and the CCP out of their own history. I know because I have been forced in this way by the CCP. Selatan, you are an ignorant product of a diminished education system. Or a member of the CCP? Which is it?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

When you talk land grab, I kind of link that to the Mexican Cession of the 1840s. Huge chunk of Mexico grabbed by USA. Bet you forgotten about that. Land rights of the local Mexicans abolished after the land grab. 

When I read your reply I kind of link that to whataboutism. This article is not about the US but about China.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whataboutism

Edited by dimitriv
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Selatan said:

Yes, some idiots would readily believe in your claim that the CPC keeps its people down and uneducated.

I think when he talked about "uneducated" he refers to the 100% blockade of every news source outside of China. He probably also thinks about China blocking all social media, chatapps etc. Basically everything is blocked in China. The regime doesn't want Chinese people to hear about other opinions. And what is left is an uneducated and brainwashed population.

Is Thaivisa already blocked in China?  If we continue here like we do now it will happen soon.

Edited by dimitriv
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Selatan said:

I'm a Malaysian. My country has troubles with all its neighbours Some of the issues are small and some are big. The Philippines continues to claim that Sabah belongs to it. Even tiny Singapore has water issues and territorial disputes with Malaysia. The Thai Navy claims that it needs to have submarines in order to have a stronger bargaining power with Malaysia over the Joint Development Area in the Gulf of Thailand which is expiring in 2029. But we can all continue to trade with each other in peace. Same with China. We have disputes with China in the South China Sea but we can still maintain a very good relationship. But don't forget, we too have disputes with Vietnam, Brunei in the South China Sea.

China is such a large country. Having disputes with many of its neighbours should not be something surprising.

Hopefully few will share your attitude of nonchalance.  You will likely sing a different tune if/when CCP comes knocking on your door in the middle of the night. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Selatan said:

Falungong. Heard of them? Epoch Times, New Tang Dynasty TV and China Uncensored are linked to them. I'm glad that this cult got kicked out from China.

You’ve finally exposed yourself as the true CCP sympathizer that you are. Earlier you claimed to be just an average citizen of Malaysia. Now your defending things that CCP have censored on mainland China. Are you just another infiltrator sent by the CCP to undermine Malaysia? After reading all of your posts, which make very weak points BTW, it appears you are dead set on protecting your Chinese motherland. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don't need a poll to know this is factual. Seeing massive increases in In interest in made in uk made in russia made anywhere but China and business is booming. China. They could invent the vaccine tomorrow and give it away free and they will still never be trusted.

If the Paks helped India v china that might even up the fight.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Ketyo said:

China is a developmental state. Look at what that means. The UK and Germany did it in the 1800s. Japan and Korea after the second world war. Its a way of developing without paying by the rules of the market and gaining an unfair advantage over companies that do. China's economic model is 200 years old.  It is not superior to that of any other country. Selatan, you are ignorant and unaware or very very young. China's education system is regulated so that people are not taught independent critical thinking. Science is safe. China lies about its history to its people. It forces neighbouring countries to airbrush the atrocities of China and the CCP out of their own history. I know because I have been forced in this way by the CCP. Selatan, you are an ignorant product of a diminished education system. Or a member of the CCP? Which is it?

China's economic model is not 200 years old. It is constantly evolving and changes rather quickly. It could change quickly because of its political system. 

Many are still having the outdated view that China is overly dependent on exports. But it has successfully reduced its dependence on exports from 36% of GDP in 2006 to 18% in 2019, thanks to its policy of rebalancing of its economy.

Soon, China would embark on its dual-circulation economic model because of the current poor global economic outlook and US decoupling of trade, and so China's dependence on external demand is expected to fall further. 

As a boy, I used to think that the Whites were the good guys on this planet, no thanks to all the brainwashing on TV. Red Indians? Bad... Cowboys? Good... Superheroes? All from the US! Then I got to learn the term "genocide". And who did I find were the worse perpetrators of genocide of the last 600 years? Yes, the Whites. In the Americas, in Australia, in Africa, in Asia, and also in Europe.

Better examine your own education system before you accuse others. You should ask why the Opium Wars were not taught in the UK:

https://questions-statements.parliament.uk/written-questions/detail/2019-05-14/HL15739

The British so successfully brainwashed the Hong Kong people until a Hong Kong teacher taught that the reason why the British started the Opium Wars was to stop the Chinese from smoking opium. Unbelievable!!!!

https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/education/article/3082292/hong-kong-teachers-history-lesson-first-opium-war

• Confused 2

16 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

Perhaps you should consider the fact that China achieved its current GDP per capita and $13.37 T GDP in nominal terms (second largest in the world) and If measured in PPP, the largest world economy in just 70 years. Just for comparison sake, USA has a history of 243 years to achieve their current economic status. Lets give credit where it is due and not try to diminish their achievement because of personal dislike. 

I bet you don't live there, or would even like to........  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Selatan said:

China's economic model is not 200 years old. It is constantly evolving and changes rather quickly. It could change quickly because of its political system. 

Many are still having the outdated view that China is overly dependent on exports. But it has successfully reduced its dependence on exports from 36% of GDP in 2006 to 18% in 2019, thanks to its policy of rebalancing of its economy.

Soon, China would embark on its dual-circulation economic model because of the current poor global economic outlook and US decoupling of trade, and so China's dependence on external demand is expected to fall further. 

As a boy, I used to think that the Whites were the good guys on this planet, no thanks to all the brainwashing on TV. Red Indians? Bad... Cowboys? Good... Superheroes? All from the US! Then I got to learn the term "genocide". And who did I find were the worse perpetrators of genocide of the last 600 years? Yes, the Whites. In the Americas, in Australia, in Africa, in Asia, and also in Europe.

Better examine your own education system before you accuse others. You should ask why the Opium Wars were not taught in the UK:

https://questions-statements.parliament.uk/written-questions/detail/2019-05-14/HL15739

The British so successfully brainwashed the Hong Kong people until a Hong Kong teacher taught that the reason why the British started the Opium Wars was to stop the Chinese from smoking opium. Unbelievable!!!!

https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/education/article/3082292/hong-kong-teachers-history-lesson-first-opium-war

Find me a colony as successful as Hong Kong was from any other country and i'll show my rear end in Robinsons front window.......  Most countries such as Thailand can't even run their own gaff nevermind a quarter of the worlds surface....... " The sun never sets on the Empire "   Ring any bells ?   It still doesn't today, it's just under a different name.....  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SupermarineS6B said:

Find me a colony as successful as Hong Kong was from any other country and i'll show my rear end in Robinsons front window.......  Most countries such as Thailand can't even run their own gaff nevermind a quarter of the worlds surface....... " The sun never sets on the Empire "   Ring any bells ?   It still doesn't today, it's just under a different name.....  

Hong Kong came out better than almost any other former British colonies. This is a fact. Massive expansion of government spending and intervention in education, social welfare, culture etc during Governor Murray MacLehose's tenure brought positive effects. Were the British pouring these massive amount often against the wishes of the local community and mainland China a plan to help Britain hold on Hong Kong as long as possible. Are they doing this to make Hong Kong a different and better place from rest of China that it would be difficult for China to rule, at least not without British help. You know?  

Probably the vilest, most rapacious, calculative, territory grabbing nation ever. Uses "salami-slicing" tactics with territories of all neighbours. Has territorial disputes on land and sea borders everywhere. Has no compunction about using any means to meet their objectives. The individual people one meets may be okay, now and then, that applies everywhere, but the regime is the most horrible ever. Blackmail, arm-twisting, outright aggression, stealing of technology -everything is fair game to them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/8/2020 at 3:46 PM, Eric Loh said:

How they achieve is the same as other economic powerhouses like Japan, German and US.

On 10/8/2020 at 3:49 PM, Eric Loh said:

So you agree that US too embarked on land grab by conquest and that’s ok because it was years ago. A rather convenient reasoning. 

1)      Rubbish, economic powerhouses like Japan, German and US. DID'NT STEAL the Technology.

2)     A rather convenient reasoning. ? No, The past is history. The world is supposed to learn from those                  mistakes,  and not repeat them, but not China. 

• Like 1

On 10/7/2020 at 8:23 AM, connda said:

The headline should read:
Survey finds negative views of China soar among Western countries allied with the United States.

That would be more accurate.

Which just so happens to be all of the advanced countries. So, the headline is quite accurate.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, SupermarineS6B said:

Don't think too highly about the role of the British in Hong Kong's success. Maybe you didn't know that the US imposed a trade embargo on China after the Communists took over in 1949. Later in 1951, the UN also imposed a trade embargo on China.

Before the Communists took over, Shanghai was the top financial centre of Asia. Shortly before that, rich mainlanders, crime bosses and foreign companies moved out from Shanghai to Hong Kong. All the gold and silver left in banks and priceless works of art in Shanghai were taken to Taiwan by the fleeing Nationalists. The Communists inherited an empty treasury, and coupled with cold war sanctions, China was forced into isolation and so Hong Kong served as an important economic link for importing grains and goods for industrialisation.