Engineering consultant cheats death after falling into 12-metre hole

webfact

Thais don't bother to secure any construction sites and they will never learn.

It's like they are asking for accidents to happen.

Thailand is just another 3. world country where human lives don't matter.

19 hours ago, Grumpy one said:

I hope his work ethics are better than his views on safety

And  just remember  all those condos built in Thailand when you gaze out from the 20th  floor, I  feel  our 8th floor  room moving when big  trucks go past sometimes.

Where is the photo of the offending cable?

Honestly, the fact that a cable is caught by a passing lorry on the road that sent this man flying is entirely ignored in this story and by the TVF Commentariat.

Yes, standing on an electric cable --in front of a 12-metre deep shaft without barriers-- is daft! But no one can reasonably assume that such a cable will be yanked away under your feet by roadside traffic.

Edited by Morakot

21 hours ago, Crossy said:

Nope, sadly for some members, not I.

I echo some members, never, ever stand on anything that's not the floor.

Years ago I was working on HK new airport (yes that long ago). I spent weeks walking around a piece of cardboard/thin ply on the floor, one day it was missing revealing a hole the went down at least 3 floors!

I never found out where it went, hopefully nobody took a shortcut!

Ah ... I landed on the old one .. and flew our from the new one, 1 or 2 days after it opened .. ???? ... small world ...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, rvaviator said:

Ah ... I landed on the old one .. and flew our from the new one, 1 or 2 days after it opened .. ???? ... small world ...

Having pulled an all-nighter at the new airport on change-over night (incuding standing on Beacon Hill to watch the lights go out on Kai Tak) we crawled back to the hotel at about 5AM. An indeterminate time later the phone rang and a bleary eyed me was greeted by my daughter in the UK and a cheery "Dad, we've just seen you on News at Ten!". Time difference, what time difference?