Deadline for visa-amnesty application extended to Oct 31

snoop1130

Deadline for visa-amnesty application extended to Oct 31

By The Nation

800_1be9867f1f18c96.jpg

The Immigration Bureau announced on Tuesday that all visas extended on or before October 31 under the latest amnesty will go into effect collectively from November 1.

The bureau said foreigners who did not apply for the visa amnesty before the original September 26 deadline will have until October 31 to do so.

Foreigners are advised to submit their applications as soon as possible to avoid overcrowding at local immigration offices.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30395780

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-10-07

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Good Guys! Thank you for understanding the problems for many that have been stuck in Thailand during the Covid-19 pandemic. 

I must admit that I am baffled: I am glad for anyone to be legally able to stay wherever they have set their heart to, but "understanding the problems ....stuck in Thailand" is definitely not a justification for 99% of the "unfortunates". Who has stopped anyone from leaving the country? There  have always been commercial flights out of Bangkok. And if you are a regular tourist then you have the mean to stay for a given period before going back home. I find no excuses to the majority of them for staying longer. They are here because they want to, not because they have been forced to. (yes one will always find some cased where that is the case ). Now, they are right to use the system, but Thailand should not prioritise these people. 

6 hours ago, alyx said:

I must admit that I am baffled: I am glad for anyone to be legally able to stay wherever they have set their heart to, but "understanding the problems ....stuck in Thailand" is definitely not a justification for 99% of the "unfortunates". Who has stopped anyone from leaving the country? There  have always been commercial flights out of Bangkok. And if you are a regular tourist then you have the mean to stay for a given period before going back home. I find no excuses to the majority of them for staying longer. They are here because they want to, not because they have been forced to. (yes one will always find some cased where that is the case ). Now, they are right to use the system, but Thailand should not prioritise these people. 

Oh, so you needed to nit pick on the choice of words. Ok, I will change to people that want to stay but have no possibility to easily change or make a new visa.

Better now? Happy?

6 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Oh, so you needed to nit pick on the choice of words. Ok, I will change to people that want to stay but have no possibility to easily change or make a new visa.

Better now? Happy?

Relieved indeed but it kind of does not make sense (to me...I am slow, sorry)  aren’t you writing about people who are stuck in Thailand, unable to return to their countries ? I, personally am stuck in Thailand but the visa is not the issue, and it is voluntary.

31 minutes ago, alyx said:

Relieved indeed but it kind of does not make sense (to me...I am slow, sorry)  aren’t you writing about people who are stuck in Thailand, unable to return to their countries ? I, personally am stuck in Thailand but the visa is not the issue, and it is voluntary.

Glad to hear that you are stuck! Have a good day! As you posted it, you are just to slow for me. 

12 hours ago, alyx said:

Now, they are right to use the system, but Thailand should not prioritise these people.

Actually, since Thailand are not letting new tourist and few working or married foreigners into the country (and none of the retired legal foreigners to return). I think they would be crazy not to "prioritise" those people.

Edited by AgMech Cowboy

1 hour ago, AgMech Cowboy said:

Actually, since Thailand are not letting new tourist and few working or married foreigners into the country (and none of the retired legal foreigners to return). I think they would be crazy not to "prioritise" those people.

Priority is: those legally entitled to stay in Thailand (retirees, married etc...) 

The vast majority of those on this kind of extension are not real tourists. And if they were, they should have had the need to go back home to go on with their lives. Not judging just stating. It is correct to assume that it is an additional revenue.