Please post here about any success or problems applying for the new 60 day amnesty extension

54 minutes ago, Promula said:

I take that back. I wasn't thinking straight.

As regards 2530Ubon's very optimistic opinion that an embassy letter isn't required and everyone will get a 60 day extension, I urge caution, some reading between the lines, and to get an embassy letter if possible.

Why? Because the new form has a "embassy letter not available" tickbox option. They wouldn't put that tickbox on the form if having an embassy letter or not is completely irrelevant. I think having an embassy letter will guarantee an automatic 60 day extension.

By ticking the "couldn't get an embassy letter" box, the IO is likely to use some discretion and examine your situation. If your main reason for applying is not wanting to leave Thailand (as it would be if for example you were applying to extend a visa exempt stamp for 30 days) I think they're going to give serious consideration as to why they should let you remain for another two months for this reason when you've already been here 8-9 months as a "tourist".

Just a note on-top of that. Box 1 says "I'm not permitted to enter the destination country OR The pandemic situation of covid-19 is still ongoing.

I'll be ticking box 1 as a UK citizen - over 17,000 infected yesterday with a 7 day average of 15,000 cases a day. According to the IO, with whom i checked today, it's definitely an ongoing situation and a valid reason to extend.

Most embassies are not giving out the letter - in fact i think it's ONLY the US embassy that is. The UK stopped issuing them on the 26th.

<removed>

Edited by ubonjoe
removed a baiting comment
  • Like 1

Reports of 60 day extensions from 1 November are circulating elsewhere, although for extension applications from last month, not using the new currently unofficial form.

120924092_2718700711790182_4472262730816 

121019054_2718700501790203_4528474212640 

121150706_2718700631790190_3107350220049

Edited by Promula

Meanwhile, I've seen a report of someone going to CW yesterday and being given the choice of a 30 Nov stamp yesterday or returning in a week's time for a 30 December stamp instead.

Sounds like this could be made official, presumably with the form rolled out in most or all IOs, next week.  

1 hour ago, Promula said:

Reports of 60 day extensions from 1 November are circulating elsewhere, although for extension applications from last month, not using the new currently unofficial form.

It is not only the form that is not official.

Nothing from immigration or a ministerial notice about the 60 day extension.

If the were done the right way doing a 30 day extension to November 30th and then do the 60 day extension it would be until January 29th.

12 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

If the were done the right way doing a 30 day extension to November 30th and then do the 60 day extension it would be until January 29th.

Yes it's all strange. I think each immigration office has a quota for 30 November stamps, and once reached they'll start issuing 30 December stamps to avoid overcrowding in November.

14 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It is not only the form that is not official.

Nothing from immigration or a ministerial notice about the 60 day extension.

It may not be official but I have the stamp in my passport like others see post above,

12 minutes ago, Promula said:

Yes it's all strange. I think each immigration office has a quota for 30 November stamps, and once reached they'll start issuing 30 December stamps to avoid overcrowding in November.

The could be doubling up the 30 day extensions.

I don't think they are not rushing out the 60 day extensions approval since everybody can stay until November 30th if they have applied for the 30 day extension.

55 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The could be doubling up the 30 day extensions.

I don't think they are not rushing out the 60 day extensions approval since everybody can stay until November 30th if they have applied for the 30 day extension.

If they give everyone a stamp until 30 Nov and then until 29 Jan, the imm offices are going to be very quiet in December.

I think they're trying to avoid that by giving out some stamps for people to return in December then February instead of November then January, to spread the load.

46 minutes ago, oznomad said:

I tried to get an extension on my OA (year two, no previous amnesty extensions required) yesterday at Jomtien.

Nope.

They weren't having any of it.

You mean as if you left the country and came back in and were issued with a new one year Permit to Stay? Obviously other Extensions are possible on the current Permit.

On 10/7/2020 at 6:52 PM, ubonjoe said:

All I can say is that have I seen nothing official about the 60 day extensions.

Reading that article makes me think they are calling applying for a 30 day extension before September 26 or shortly after a 60 day extension. That would really be a total stay of 60 days not a extension if you include the amnesty in October and the 30 day extension in November.

Hi ubonjoe, my first reply to this post, please excuse any errors,

I've been following the CV situation on this website, I went Fri. 9th to extend my visa exempt entry because of CV19, and was given a stamp to November 30th, and told by the head of Immigration at the Chiang Khan office, Loei Province, that if I needed to extend further, I have to go back before November 30th, and I can get 60 days for 1900Baht.

IMG_20201010_115929.jpg

IMG_20201010_120007.jpg

On 10/10/2020 at 12:17 PM, jacko45k said:

You mean as if you left the country and came back in and were issued with a new one year Permit to Stay? Obviously other Extensions are possible on the current Permit.

Original entry on this visa was Jan 2019.

Expiry was due 28 Oct 2020 (due to doing a run last year to avoid the compulsory insurance cut off.)

No covid extensions previously sought, as none were required.

Okay, has anyone on amnesty via Visa Exempt / TV (no previous extensions, Covid or regular and did NOT apply for an extension before Sep 26th) recently applied for an extension at MTT (Bangkok)?  If so, what was the result? So far I haven't seen anything posted, and the "15-days before" issue for other visa types (volunteer, retirement, etc.) would arrive again around 15 Oct if no extension.  

Previously, BKK / MTT was refusing anyone without an embassy letter, but any firsthand information of the post 26 Sep situation? (I see that those that applied before 26 Sep are able to get Nov 30 stamps, I am just trying to confirm this is also possible now without an embassy letter for those that did not apply before 26th).

Obviously, a 60 day extension would be better, but sounds like there is still conflicting / contradicting information about whether that officially exists (keeping in mind that Bangkok strictly enforces rules).

3 minutes ago, eppic said:

Okay, has anyone on amnesty via Visa Exempt / TV (no previous extensions, Covid or regular and did NOT apply for an extension before Sep 26th) recently applied for an extension at MTT (Bangkok)?  If so, what was the result? So far I haven't seen anything posted, and the "15-days before" issue for other visa types (volunteer, retirement, etc.) would arrive again around 15 Oct if no extension.  

Previously, BKK / MTT was refusing anyone without an embassy letter, but any firsthand information of the post 26 Sep situation? (I see that those that applied before 26 Sep are able to get Nov 30 stamps, I am just trying to confirm this is also possible now without an embassy letter for those that did not apply before 26th).

Obviously, a 60 day extension would be better, but sounds like there is still conflicting / contradicting information about whether that officially exists (keeping in mind that Bangkok strictly enforces rules).

The new form for extensions (COVID/Amnesty announcement sept 29th 60 day extension) has a box you can tick which states “embassy unable or unwilling to issue letter” 

Most embassies were not issuing the letters hence the PM had to extend amnesty so IO could drop the embassy letter requirement for those unable to extend last time.

You’ll be fine - we’ve seen reports of people being stamped up to the 30th Dec from BKK & CM IO’s

6 hours ago, eppic said:

I have seen reports of them doing a 30 day extension at MTT without a letter now. If you get one now you will get stamped to November 1st when your return to get your extension stamp at the end of a under consideration period they are doing.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 2530Ubon said:

You’ll be fine - we’ve seen reports of people being stamped up to the 30th Dec from BKK & CM IO’s

I have seen some reports of it in CM and and others offices in north Thailand doing them but some have not been confirmed yet.

Most offices are stamping people to November 30th that is written in the current rules.

After that a 60 day extension could be done to January 29th.

• Thanks 1

Got lost again and again...

So for me

Tourist/exemption original.

No extension. No letter. No stamp.

French passport.

Can i get until 30 november or better until 31 december straight or not ?

I do not want any 15 days "under consideration".

Chiang Rai or Chiang Mai.

Any precise info ?

50 minutes ago, Sambotte said:

Tourist/exemption original.

No extension.

If you have not applied for a 30 day extension of your original visa exempt entry you could apply for a 30 day extension and not get a under consideration stamp. It would be issued to November 30th.

By the end of November it should be much clearer about the 60 day extension and the rules for them should be in place. Then you would get a extension until January 29th.

I cannot say with any certainty about either office you mentioned. I have seen some posts where people got a stamp to December 30th when they applied at Chiang Mai but I have not seen any new info about them. It is suspected it could of been an error.

I did not apply for the extension prior to September 26.

I will go into MTT this week, and get an under consideration stamp for some time later this month to return.

My curiosity is this: 

When I go back on or after my "under consideration" date, will I get to November 30th?  or December 30th? 

Sounds like the longer I wait to go back the second time to finalize the extension, the more likely I'll get the Dec 30th mark stamped in. 

On 10/7/2020 at 7:04 PM, Promula said:

Thanks, but what I was specifically looking to gather on this thread is people who apply for a 60 day extension this month under the new, as yet unconfirmed, announcement and form

IMG_0346.thumb.jpg.bd1653b922e4166ab49fc.

You applied for a 30 day extension last month which will be upgraded, which is a slightly different situation. 

pretty sure i filled one of those out when i went for my recent extension.

23 minutes ago, 2530Ubon said:

It only took me 15 minutes - I have an under consideration stamp for 2 weeks. Have to go back Nov 5th for the official stamp. Needed; 3,900 baht, photo, passport copies, proof of address and this form. 

Thanks for update... Did they told you that you'll get 60-days? (until Dec/22-ish if you applied yesterday, right?)

3 hours ago, 2530Ubon said:

I believe the 60 days start from Nov 1st if i'm not mistaken, but yes. I will get 60 days

Where did you apply? In Ubon?

And no supporting documents required?

Edited by Franta