Thai "Returnees" Do NOT Pay for State Quarantine!!! Foreigners PAY, THAIS get it FREE!

Will2011

22 minutes ago, Will2011 said:

Another perspective from Vietnam that has been managing this situation quite well, as I have business there. Anybody who chooses to stay in state quarantine facilities pays about USD5 a day, while others who opt for private qualified hotels may pay anywhere from USD 75 to USD200, regardless the nationality.

Thai Citizens are entitled to free quarantine from their government, they do NOT get the choice of where this quarantine will be at, this is decided by the government based on arrival airport etc.

The government have made more and more hotels available for Thai citizens quarantine, to increase the numbers allowed in daily.

A Thai citizen can choose to pay for ASQ is they so wish.

Foreigners are not entitled to free quarantine.

I've paid huge amounts of Thai PIT for a lot of years and have no objections to this arrangement, as foreigners, we have the choice of whether we travel to Thailand or not.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, userabcd said:

Whats outrageous is some foreigners thinking they are entitled to free services for their temporary stays and personal travels to and financed by a foreign national country. Sorry, does not work that way.

Oh, and the Thai govt pays for it for their own citizens and nationals.

Thats because if it was the UK, the government would probably charge UK citizens while letting foreigners off free!

• Sad 2

4 minutes ago, 2530Ubon said:

What's the problem? Thai nationals don't have to pay? That's great news... it's their home... they shouldn't have to pay for government obstacles put in their way.

Unless you have obtained Thai nationality (or permanent residency) this is not your home. Fail to meet any of the requirements at your next extension date, and off you plop back from whence you came.

Tired of people complaining about double pricing. International students in the UK and US (and throughout Europe) charge way more for the exact same education as 'home' students - who generally pay a third of the price they do. It's endemic in every country, not just a Thai thing.

If you tired of people complaining about double pricing, then don't make yourself tired posting on this thread!

2 minutes ago, Mattd said:

Thai Citizens are entitled to free quarantine from their government, they do NOT get the choice of where this quarantine will be at, this is decided by the government based on arrival airport etc.

The government have made more and more hotels available for Thai citizens quarantine, to increase the numbers allowed in daily.

A Thai citizen can choose to pay for ASQ is they so wish.

Foreigners are not entitled to free quarantine.

I've paid huge amounts of Thai PIT for a lot of years and have no objections to this arrangement, as foreigners, we have the choice of whether we travel to Thailand or not.

WARNING, FREEDOM OF SPEECH! I have the right to disagree with you.

21 minutes ago, 2 is 1 said:

Get help! Call 911 and say your brain explode soon coz you have seen most terrible injustice in this planet!

Well, your remark leads me to believe you did not grasp the content of my posting. Perhaps you should worry about your own mental health first.

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Joinaman said:

maybe not awash, but plenty of Thais, who are not tested prior to flying, are bringing the virus into Thailand, but hopefully these are checked and isolated during quarantine .

But if it were Somchai's Guest House providing the quarantine the virus wouldn't be contained as they're just not up to the job.  Using facilities that can deal with the issue seems to irk the OP, especially when locals get it for free and farangs don't.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Will2011 said:

WARNING, FREEDOM OF SPEECH! I have the right to disagree with you.

Hehe, why quote freedom of speech? Of course you can disagree all you like.

Could even suggest if you want your voice heard, take a soap box to lumpini park, stand on it and holler your freedom of speech outrage all you want to passers by as to how you want your taxpaid spent.

Edited by userabcd
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

I think it was the usual Thai bashing that put most off, the Thai vs. Foreigners rant.

Also IF he pays taxes...and had wrote about something more relevant than the 1 case he said to have just discovered.

I am not investigating all cases. I am sharing about what came to my attention. Please avoid applying your own case to everybody in Thailand. If you are retired and live in Issaan, good for you, but it does not mean that others do not work in Bangkok.

And if you found that was Thai bashing, I did not force you to join either.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Will2011 said:

Hi,

This is a puzzling news to me. A Thai friend of mine from US (who also got a US passport) just got to Bangkok yesterday and posted pictures of his quarantine hotel. The hotel is Brighton Grand Hotel Pattaya, and it looks like a 4 star hotel based on the pictures he took. He also mentioned that he did NOT have to pay for the hotel, as it is paid by the THAI government!!!

While it is understandable that Thai returnees may be entitled to a preferential treatment for their quarantine, the hotel looks more like an Alternative State Quarantine that foreign citizens may shell out 100,000THB for just two weeks. Not to mention he is NOT a returnee, as he lives in the US and will fly back in a month or so.

This is kind of outrageous and it totally maintains the double standard Thai vs. Foreigners in Thailand. Another question is WHO PAYS FOR IT?

So, in one sentence. You are sad that you are not Thai. :cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

What the heck is double standards? Do you understand that a country takes care of their own, or is that an alien concept for you?

Who do you think is paying for that? The government of course!

Edited by Matzzon
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, 2530Ubon said:

You and your thai vs farang baiting comments are irrelevant.

As an afterthought (as was your conception apparently), this whole conversation is redundant. This news was confirmed way back in March/April - why the sour grapes 4 or 5 months after the fact? Trolling?

Ubisoft Forums

Best South Park Danish Troll Song GIFs | Gfycat

If you read my original post, you would not be asking the question. Marriage visa is discussed thousands of times like other topics. If that was discussed before it does not mean it does not need to be discussed by those who want to.

But behind all the free money thrown around, did you ever think of better ways to spend money on those who really need it like millions of Thais who lost their jobs and poor people.

My point is fake returnees should not be given free quarantine and Tax payer money should be redirected to those in need.

A numer of flaming and/or baiting posts and replies to same have been removed.

This thread has run its course and is hereby closed.

it is well known that Thai citizens do not have to pay for State Quarantine. They do have to pay if they opt for ASQ.

It is up to the government to establish the State Quarantine facilities where and how they see fit, whether it be in a school, hotel or whatever.

Thread closed.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

What the heck is double standards? Do you understand that a country takes care of their own, or is that an alien concept for you?

Who do you think is paying for that? The government of course!

A number of countries like Australia, Vietnam and so forth make pay returnees, regardless of their nationality.

Thai government is funded by tax payers.

2 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

A numer of flaming and/or baiting posts and replies to same have been removed.

This thread has run its course and is hereby closed.

it is well known that Thai citizens do not have to pay for State Quarantine. They do have to pay if they opt for ASQ.

It is up to the government to establish the State Quarantine facilities where and how they see fit, whether it be in a school, hotel or whatever.

Thread closed.

Thank you, Sheryl.

1 hour ago, Will2011 said:

Objections are not facts, it's just what you think.

Fact 1: Thais get their state quarantine paid for by the Thai Government

Fact 2: Foreigners don't, they must pay for ASQ

Fact 3: Thais can upgrade to ASQ and pay if they so wish

Fact 4: The choice for a foreigner is pay or don't come

This is what I stated.

I do understand and even sympathize that you may object as to why those foreigners with work permits and have paid tax & SS do not get the free quarantine, however, the fact remains they don't!