Meet the Americans 'standing by' for possible election violence

snoop1130

24 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

My idea is that you incorrectly view 45 as a normal president. In reality, it's totally obvious that he's personally (financially, etc.) compromised to hostile powers including Russia and Turkey. That's not OK. That's potentially treasonous. So you make tangential lame excuses with a troll baiting question. Not playing. The "dear leader" is soon to be hoisted on the dustbin of history. Good riddance. 

Ok, but if Trump can find a way to better manage china and other threats by aligning himself strategically with others who share the same objectives on the world stage, this would be a big win. Take a look for yourself at some of trumps foreign policy genius. It's not trolling, I only see some creative solutions to the most pressing and radical world current events. You think Hillary was, and biden are so squeaky clean and devoid of compromise! Think again, right hunter! Maybe you need a bigger or smaller box to think outside of. Or maybe you are waiting for biden and harris to "knock em dead" with their secret, "...vote for me and I'll tell you everything" foreign policy, to be revealed post election. Stop complaining about me and see the bigger picture.

Edited by xofswen
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Popular vote is irrelevant in the US presidential election, thank the founding fathers for their foresight.

And yet. Trump supporters often make claims about the majority supporting him, the silent majority this or that, and landslide victories. That none of that actually got any basis in reality doesn't phase them one bit.

• Thanks 1

Easily solved then. Elect Bernie and change the constitution. Oops, they eliminated Bernie, didn't they!

Can't see a man been in congress for decades rocking the boat, even Obama kept the health insurance companies and nothing is going to change IMO as long as they remain.

Sanders lost. And he was never quite the messiah some here try to paint him as. It's an open question as to whether he could have beat Trump anyway. Also, coming from someone banging on about how Democrats (supposedly) do not accept election results, this whole Bernie whining is ridiculous. All the more so when going on to post "can't see a man been in congress for decades rocking the boat..." - how long was Sanders in Congress? Oh....

And, sure "...change the constitution". As if that was that easy or straightforward.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Millions will vote for the embarrassing man over the disappointing one, because they don't want, IMO, a return to Washington as usual.

Yes, I expect many have differing views on that. Did you have a point?

29 minutes ago, xofswen said:

Based on the election outcome I think you become suicidal on the morning of Nov 04 then, judging by your irrational behavior here.

America needs more than lifer politicians with cushie careers to manage to dynamics of our changing nation, Trump's the type to do that, not the likes of HRC or Biden. We disagree, and so did 62 odd million good patriots in 16, no need to get cranked over it. Be patient, and happy knowing biden is tearin it up in the polls, right?

Roll on November. Four more years.

:intheclub:

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, heybruce said:

Simple people like simple choices:

Because AOC is a Democrat, all Democrats are AOC supporters.

Since Qanon idiots (Qidiots) are all Trump supporters, all Trump supporters are Qidiots.

Personally I think the truth is between these extremes, but simple minds find it difficult to get a foothold in a middle ground that requires understanding and choosing between real life complexities.

Extremists are often louder, deploy easy, simply catchphrases and slogans. Makes for better headlines, and easier to copy paste on social media. It's funny, that in this sense, the extremist and the populist share a common ground.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Link to prove he's "compromised to hostile powers including Russia and Turkey" or you just made that up. You did not include an "IMO" or "probably", so you are stating it as a fact. That's not OK, IMO.

Covered on numerous past topics. You feigning ignorance matters naught.

What happens in the US affects Australasia. We need a president that stands up against China to be safe.

You don't think Trump would sell out Australasia, and anywhere/anyone else, for a deal where China buys lots of American farm products and locks in swing state votes? 

If he loses the election he would sell out America for a comfortable retirement home in a country with no extradition treaty with the US.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, xofswen said:

Ok, but if Trump can find a way to better manage china and other threats by aligning himself strategically with others who share the same objectives on the world stage, this would be a big win. Take a look for yourself at some of trumps foreign policy genius. It's not trolling, I only see some creative solutions to the most pressing and radical world current events. You think Hillary was, and biden are so squeaky clean and devoid of compromise! Think again, right hunter! Maybe you need a bigger or smaller box to think outside of. Or maybe you are waiting for biden and harris to "knock em dead" with their secret, "...vote for me and I'll tell you everything" foreign policy, to be revealed post election. Stop complaining about me and see the bigger picture.

Help me out:  What examples of Trump's foreign policy genius are you referring to?

2 minutes ago, heybruce said:

Help me out:  What examples of Trump's foreign policy genius are you referring to?

Have to agree his negotiators pulled a rabbit out of the hat in the Middle East.

Credit where due. Bitter pill to swallow, but I must be fair

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, xofswen said:

Find a better way to manage China when Trump just said YESTERDAY "China is gonna pay for what they have done!!!" And who is he possibly going to align himself with since he has basically isolated America off from almost all of its allies and the world? What are the "creative solutions to the most pressing and radical world current events"? His SPECTACULAR response to the corona virus (he has failed so bad up to and including contracting the virus himself and being labeled a super spreader and the white house is considered a hot zone). "Or maybe you are waiting for biden and harris to "knock em dead" with their secret, "...vote for me and I'll tell you everything" foreign policy"? What has Trump said he is going to do in the next four years if elected? HE HAS NO PLATFORM....in the last debate he did not offer one plan or detail for the future, he just ranted, yelled, lied, spewed virus into the air and was basically a live version of one of his all caps tweetstorms.

Your entire post reads like a rambling deflection with absolutely no substance whatsoever...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, xofswen said:

US is on pace for less annual deaths in 2020 than covid free 2019. Unlikely the CCP virus killed 200K + in the US, which is now a contentious issue for political and economic interests and reasons and questioned by many for it's veracity. The high death rates are becoming very unconvincing now.

TOTAL U.S. DEATHS -[ALL CAUSES]
2017 Total Deaths US: 2,813,503 (234,000/month)

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/pr...
2018 Total Deaths US: 2,839,205 (237,000/month)

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/pr...
2019 Total Deaths US: 2,855,000 (238,000/month)

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nv...
2020 Total Deaths US (jan - week 9/26): 2,130,000 (236,000/month)

https://data.cdc.gov/NCHS/W...

2,130,000 + (236,000/month x 3) [Oct, Nov, Dec]
[assumption based on monthly avg]
= 2,838,000

2020: 2,838,000 [3-month assumption insert]

2019: 2,855,000

2018: 2,839,000

2017: 2,814,000

Cuomo NY-Gov policies blamed for 1000's of deaths.

Your calculation is flawed.

To start with, a high number if excess deaths from all causes has already been recorded:

"the US suffered some 260,000 more deaths than the five-year average between 1 March and 16 August, compared to 169,000 confirmed COVID-19 deaths during that period."

https://ourworldindata.org/excess-mortality-covid

Then your calculation is flawed for the following reasons:

- you calculate the average number of deaths from the three first quarters. However, covid-19 deaths only became significant from April. By doing so you lower the number of expected deaths.

- even without Covid-19, death numbers are higher at the end of the year (in 2019: around 239,000 in October and November, 256,000 in December). Your average is already lower than pre-covid numbers last year.

• Like 2