Meet the Americans 'standing by' for possible election violence

snoop1130

3 hours ago, Morch said:

Calling investigation relating to Russia's intervention efforts in US politics 'fake' is a choice. The facts are that numerous USA intelligence and security agencies see things differently than yourself, and that investigations into these matters resulted in convictions - some involving highly placed personnel close to Trump or to the Trump campaign. You wish to call it 'fake' and be taken seriously, you'll have to support your views with a bit more than capitalizing words.

The opposition is not supposed to role over and play along just because the other side won. I have no idea how Trump supporters got to hold this notion. It's all the more perplexing considering previous years of 'birther' BS from Republicans and Trump. Guess that was totally different....

And 'unwilling to do their job'? What, in your esteemed opinion, is their 'job'? To rubber stamp anything Trump wishes? To avoid criticizing him? How did that work out for Republicans during Obama's terms?

Going against the administration is in line with what opposition implies. As for 'undermine' - using legal means to counter the government is allowed in democracies.

It only happened because Trump, IMO, chose the wrong guy to be attorney general. The biggest mistake Trump ever made as president, IMO, was not sacking Sessions the minute he recused himself.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

It only happened because Trump, IMO, chose the wrong guy to be attorney general. The biggest mistake Trump ever made as president, IMO, was not sacking Sessions the minute he recused himself.

4 years ago, a very good friend of mine and his wife (voted for Trump) told me that the only thing that really concerned him about Trump was his (unknown) ties to Russia, and that of many of his inner campaign circle. There was enough smoke there for him to be concerned so I can't call that a "Democrat" thing. We DO know of Russia's attempts to influence the elections in several countries and ofcourse their biggest prize would be the US. In many ways they have achieved that goal (whether they have leverage on Trump or not) since the US is more fractured than ever, with some even questioning the legitimacy of their Democracy, voting systems, and institutions.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

IMO the real threat is China, which is apparently being overlooked, perhaps for political reasons.

I'm not aware of anything that Russia has gained by trying to get Trump elected. I still remember Obama and the Russian president.

During the 2012 Nuclear Security Summit in Seoul, President Obama, in an exchange with Russian President Dmitry Medvedev, stated: “On all these issues, but particularly missile defense, this can be solved, but it’s important for him [incoming Russian President Vladimir Putin] to give me space.” “This is my last election,” he continued. “After my election I have more flexibility.”

https://www.heritage.org/defense/report/open-microphone-whats-behind-president-obamas-missile-defense-comments

For sure, every country capable of influencing the election will be doing so, just as America has done to other countries.

I agree China is a bigger concern for the US....I was only addressing the "Russia Probe" discussion. Too easy to get passions riled up throwing too much into a comment.  ????

• Like 2

14 hours ago, lungbing said:

Thanks to the left who wouldn't accept the results four years ago because Hilary thought it was her turn.  Then instead of getting their act together and  bringing new policies forward that would be acceptable to the voting public, they spent 4 years trying to discredit Trump by one stupid method or another.  And finally, after four long years, the best they could come up with was another elderly rich white man.  And I'm English, so I do not even have a horse in this race.

Strange that also for me the name Hillary popped up in mind spontaneous …..and I am even not anglophile origin ????

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Far as I remember the birther thing wasn't on TVF to have an issue with.

I definitely did have something to say about the Benghazi thing though. Not my fault if you don't remember.

I wouldn't put much trust in your memory, then. The 'birther' thing was discussed and referenced on these topics. You wish to deny this, or partaking? Alright then....

As for you next bit of deflection - did you have any complaints about it on par with those you express now?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

IMO the real threat is China, which is apparently being overlooked, perhaps for political reasons.

I'm not aware of anything that Russia has gained by trying to get Trump elected. I still remember Obama and the Russian president.

During the 2012 Nuclear Security Summit in Seoul, President Obama, in an exchange with Russian President Dmitry Medvedev, stated: “On all these issues, but particularly missile defense, this can be solved, but it’s important for him [incoming Russian President Vladimir Putin] to give me space.” “This is my last election,” he continued. “After my election I have more flexibility.”

https://www.heritage.org/defense/report/open-microphone-whats-behind-president-obamas-missile-defense-comments

For sure, every country capable of influencing the election will be doing so, just as America has done to other countries.

You expert opinion is not shared by USA intelligence and security agencies. Also, it is not a zero sum game - both China and Russia are considered threats. Russia gains when the USA is seen as less credible, or when USA ties and alliances are strained. Sowing discord serves Russian long term goals. As for the usual 'everyone does it and America too' - yeah, just not all countries have similar capabilities in this area and the topic is not about what the USA did.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

55 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

The US interferes, for decades, in other countries (Libya, Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan - the list is endless) and almost certainly Russia. While the Dems shout 'Reds under the Bed"  China slowly wins.

China slowly wins, under trumps watch. Best you dont vote for him then.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

59 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

The US interferes, for decades, in other countries (Libya, Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan - the list is endless) and almost certainly Russia. While the Dems shout 'Reds under the Bed"  China slowly wins.

Topic is not about alleged USA interference abroad - just another whataboutist deflection. The Democrats did not shout 'red under the beds', the assessments were provided by various USA intelligence and security agencies. That you wish to ignore, deny and deflect this doesn't change facts.

China and Russia are both threats, not mutually exclusive.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Nout said:

By using their images from demos, their statements of misinformation and identifying their source of money and the connection to BLM Racists.

Being at a demonstration is not necessarily an offense.

Statements of misinformation are not necessarily an offense.

Sources of money - I guess you're trying to imply something, not sure what.

Connection to BLM - again, not really an offense, and as far as I'm aware not much connection anyway.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

So what? They could ban Antifa members posting on facebook.

555 So anyone making an anti fascist statement should be banned. Sorry, you posted as a joke, right. I just fear some may well take this as a serious idea given the medal capacity of far too many these days.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Surelynot said:

A whole nation gone mental...thanks to.......????

I suggest that those who read and believe this rubbish, look inwardly and reflect upon themselves. The real "mental" condition is in the head of the owner.

• Sad 1