Vaccine to arrive in Thailand ‘early next year’

snoop1130

12 minutes ago, micmichd said:

Yes, and the average age of a European was 35 years before vaccines were invented. Guess not many old Farangs would be in Thailand now if things hadn't changed. I wouldn't. 

Please don't confuse Covid bloody 19 with Smallpox or Polio. When the survival rate is c.99% globally, these diseases or the necessity to vaccinate against them are nowhere near comparable. ???? Edward Jenner would agree.  

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, micmichd said:

Yes, and the average age of a European was 35 years before vaccines were invented. Guess not many old Farangs would be in Thailand now if things hadn't changed. I wouldn't. 

The reason people are living longer is due to many things, not just vaccinations.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Kadilo said:

Surprised they trust a vaccine from those dirty ferangs. 

Priority given to those been deemed as high risk countries who have been testing and open and honest with their results.

Back of the queue Thailand ????

And as usual you can not produce any facts for your hidden allegations?

• Sad 2

I believe there are strict storage and temperature requirements for this, and other COVID-19, vaccines. So shipping, transfer and storage will need to be strictly monitored.

UPS is building Freezer Farms  https://www.dw.com/en/coronavirus-covid-19-vaccine-ups-astrazeneca-oxford/a-54691039

Also anxious to hear about the regimen. More than one injection? Timing between the first and any susbequent treatment? Annual treatment required? Also two treatments annually?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

A Covid-19 vaccine which may be released by the University of Oxford before the end of 2020 will be supplied to Thailand under an agreement signed this coming Monday (October 12).

If there is a vaccine available i think i will have mine in the UK , do i trust Thailand NO .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I started a thread in the covid forum.  The bar is set very low for this vaccine to be approved for use.  It basically has to help those with mild symptoms and does not have to stop the disease, nor prevent death.

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1186778-forbes-article-covid-19-vaccine-protocols-reveal-that-trials-are-designed-to-succeed/

• Like 2

14 hours ago, keith101 said:

What can expats expect as far as getting the vaccine apart from very expensive and have to wait unless Embassies can step in and help .

I don't mind waiting to see what happens to the first ones injected.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, perry21 said:

I will share what I understand. This is the vaccine that is being developed with Astra Zeneca. It is one of 3 leading contenders in advanced mass Phase 3 trials. The other 2 are the US contenders being developed by Pfizer and Johnson & Johnson. The Phase 3 trials are on a large scale - I recall the J&J candidate is being tested with 60,000 people. That’s happening right now. It is expected that any of the 3, and potentially all of them, could be sanctioned for immediate mass vaccination as soon as December. Astra has apparently commenced production to have 2 million doses available immediately following approval - ie mass vaccination of key healthcare workers and other priority cases could happen in large number this year. Interestingly Oxford have signed a mass production agreement with one of the leading vaccine manufacturers in India to facilitate very rapid mass manufacturing - I think year 1 target is 100m doses, rising quickly. India production will be available to less developed countries. That is also expected to happen very rapidly following approval. That’s the sum total of my knowledge. My information is from a Doctor friend who is one of the trail patients for the Oxford vaccine. He is extremely positive about the prospects, as are many others close to the process. Another friend who works in biotech has a similar view. Unsurprisingly there have been some sensational stories in the main stream media about issues with testing. Adverse results arise and do not necessarily mean the vaccine is failing. We will know much more over the next few weeks. This story is potentially a game changer and is worth following. Please don’t shoot the messenger. I am not a vaccine expert. I have no position on this efficacy of vaccination. And I am not really equipped to defend the trail process. I am not involved. Hitherto I was sceptical but changed my position completely 2 weeks ago. I have no knowledge as to how this might play out for Thailand but it could be very good. I hope this provides some encouragement to some of you. 

All true but the vaccine will have to be a two part vaccine which can not be done at the same time. It has also yet to be agreed if different companies will be allowed to supply the two injections. If not, this may cause production issues, I suppose. There's still a long way to go.

4 hours ago, Tounge Thaied said:

The real question is... what are going to be the currently unknown side effects of this not fully tested new technological MRNA vaccine?

The Oxford vaccine’s not a messenger RNA vaccine like the Moderna one, but a modified chimpanzee adenovirus (if that makes you feel any better!)

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Wow! Amazing! Within this short period of time!? I was wondering how this could be possible unless this was all set up earlier before the outbreak.

It has been 17 years after the SARS outbreak and 7 years after the MERS outbreak and there is still no vaccine for them. The scientists are cracking their heads to look for solutions. Most of the politicians claim that there will be a vaccine for COVID-19 but I don’t think there will be one available soon, as developing a vaccine isn’t a simple process.

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

First to be vaccinated with the new drug will be vulnerable groups such as medics treating Covid-19 patients, as well as the elderly and children.

From my knowledge, vulnerable patients should be the last people to test the vaccine. They would be most likely prone to the virus (in case you didn’t know, vaccines include weak samples of that virus. Suppose their immune system isn’t strong enough to fight even that virus! They would be infected. That’s why people get sick after the vaccine!)

I was wondering, maybe this vaccine is local-made? Because recently other articles claim that Thailand tested the local-made vaccine on monkeys, which proved to be a success!

I would rather wait and see what the side effects of the vaccine is going to be before getting one.

• Like 1

First to be helped will be watch collectors relatives friends and the poor left to rot. Like the people left in Pattaya with NO FOOD or help. FARANGS were giving on pensions. AND not a Chinese in site. LOL..All Thais want is a election and you gone out the bavk door of parliament on your boat with all the other broken down old washed up fake senators. Because even with a vaccine you will still find hoops for smart clean well groomed westerners. Who are the driving force of the Thai economy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, crazykopite said:

Great news if it happens and pleasing to know that the Thailand government have already signed up for a vaccine that has been discovered by dirty smelly farangs at Oxford University which is based in the U.K. .i hope the U.K. government will first ensure that every individual living in the U.K. will be offered the vaccine before suppling to other countries who regard us as dirty, smelly Covid carriers.

There are a lot of good people in this country who I hope won't be negatively affected based on those outspoken few. I just hope they don't charge exorbitant amounts and profiteer hugely from this. Unfortunately I don't believe the people in power have the same ethics as I do.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, keith101 said:

What can expats expect as far as getting the vaccine apart from very expensive and have to wait unless Embassies can step in and help .

You can get flu vaccinations now in Thailand, and they cost about ฿700. What you obviously don't know is that there are vaccines for other types of Coronavirus,the one we have now is just the latest strain, that's why it's called the new coronavirus. Not one of those vaccines are working properly. Not one, so why would this one work? The faster they come up with a vaccin the chances of success is smaller. 

• Like 1

Just for once the opening piece was completely accurate and in fact its been "under" reported

Roll out in the UK will be from November 10th for higher risk groups. AZ/Oxford in addition have agreed a deal to supply Thailand in January along with 6 other countries (to date)

Watch this space.  Lets just say "insider trading " is alive and well lol

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Blumpie said:

That's nice.

If this happens ( and I have my doubts) it doesn't really matter and won't for a long time because this vaccine has to be widely available.  

It simply will not be, not that I think it will come to fruition anyways.  

It already has......

• Like 1

Just to add to what I wrote few posts ago the UK government are NOT making a big fuss from a vaccine thats a month away is because they dont want people wildly mixing in the interim thinking Oh a vaccines on its way wont matter soon etc etc

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Kadilo said:

Surprised they trust a vaccine from those dirty ferangs. 

Priority given to those been deemed as high risk countries who have been testing and open and honest with their results.

Back of the queue Thailand ????

'Back of the queue Thailand'

Unwarranted.