Vaccine to arrive in Thailand ‘early next year’

snoop1130

How much brass is this vaccine going to cost that’s the question? Will I need an embassy letter to get one along with countless sheets of paper with my signature?

seriously tho you can bet your balls farangs have to pay a big fee and thais will be free. Will it even be made available to Farangs? Lol

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, CanterbrigianBangkoker said:

Im already here pal, lived here for years. Quarantine isnt necessary for me. If you think Thailand is really a free country then please give me the name of your dealer,  cos you're smoking some good s**t, clearly. 'and they want additional farangs'? Should that be 'don't want'? You sound like another masochistic self appointed Thai-defender to me. ????

Well said. Although I'm sure some Thais, mainly those dependent on tourism want to see us back, the Thai leadership clearly doesn't. They are already working on some sort of North Korean version of tourism on steroids.

The problem is with the amount of flip flopping and bee bopping, we don't know what they really think. The other week an article in the Bangkok Post suggested in a post-pandemic world say in 2023, 60 million tourists could visit Thailand, contributing 25% to GDP. Does the government consist of imbeciles? Putting all your eggs in the tourism basket has already proved to be disastrous, but after a record breaking economic decline and indefinite border closures, relying on it once more is terrible policy. Don't they have anything else? They should face reality that the world we're entering into may never be the same again. 

Besides, if the world we're moving into does become more and more controlled, then it is highly unlikely we'll ever see a large volume of visitors ever again, because with all the hoops to jump through, very few people will come. 50,000 visitors a year is likely to be the new normal in terms of tourist numbers, rather than 30 or 40 million. 

I did predict the other day that things will quickly return to normal in the event of all current measures being dropped. But that's purely theoretical. I didn't predict they will. In fact, I am convinced that this "new abnormal" we're living through will become permanent. 

39 minutes ago, Airbagwill said:

I can't see how they cn be so sure - it has to be double blind tested - peer reviewed etc etc the quickest ever development for a vaccine so far was mumps - it took 4 years.

The difference with Covid 19 is that billions of $ have been given to the main laboratories, which, by the way, are mostly working together . All in the last 8 months. Of course they are testing , and of course the vaccin won’t be commercialized before having an international green light. Throughout the last hundred years , many sicknesses have been eliminated because of vaccins. Remember polio in the not so distant past ?Measles, mumps, diphtheria , smallpox, tetanus ,hepatitis B, chicken pox, and more. Of course, in poverty stricken countries the battle is still on . Laboratories today have the funds and the reasons to find this vaccine which will help the worlds economy to recover as soon as possible. Why would they risk failure ? 
The biggest problem is that the whole world has to be vaccinated , otherwise the pandemic won’t be erased. Countries with high or continuous cases will suffer. This includes a lot of the poorer countries and tourist destinations which investors and tourists will “ avoid like the plague”, an old saying which is valid today. 

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, keith101 said:

What can expats expect as far as getting the vaccine apart from very expensive and have to wait unless Embassies can step in and help .

It will be the same as now, Thais one price or free, farangs 300% mark up. TIT

22 minutes ago, geisha said:

The difference with Covid 19 is that billions of $ have been given to the main laboratories, which, by the way, are mostly working together . All in the last 8 months. Of course they are testing , and of course the vaccin won’t be commercialized before having an international green light. Throughout the last hundred years , many sicknesses have been eliminated because of vaccins. Remember polio in the not so distant past ?Measles, mumps, diphtheria , smallpox, tetanus ,hepatitis B, chicken pox, and more. Of course, in poverty stricken countries the battle is still on . Laboratories today have the funds and the reasons to find this vaccine which will help the worlds economy to recover as soon as possible. Why would they risk failure ? 
The biggest problem is that the whole world has to be vaccinated , otherwise the pandemic won’t be erased. Countries with high or continuous cases will suffer. This includes a lot of the poorer countries and tourist destinations which investors and tourists will “ avoid like the plague”, an old saying which is valid today. 

Investors and tourists are already avoiding Thailand like the plague due to insane requirements to get in, not so great investment incentives, high prices and less than adequate infrastructure, scams, dual pricing and a certain hostility towards foreigners by some members of the government. The availability of a vaccine won't deter them. 

However, in the unlikely event the borders open up and policies become more favorable, tourists and investors will be back. 

42 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

If you concentrate a little more on what you post and a little less on me your posts might make a bit more sense. 

Sorry to hear that you didn´t have anything to back up your post with. And, Nope, that is not going to happen. It´s not just to post fake information, and tell people to not comment. You must understand that. ???? 

1 hour ago, TheFreqFlyer said:

Granted, this is not limited to Thailand, but since the Thai leadership loves nothing more than pleasing foreigners, they will happily show off for the UN and WHO that they're the first in the world to require a vaccine for entry to the country or something of that sort.

Luckily 150 baht from a local quack will give you a nice vaccine certificate. Or buy one at Khaosarn.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, anchadian said:

I can see Thai hospitals administering the vaccine having a note on their door saying:

Thais - Free

Farangs - B10,000

And what I understand is that certain hospitals have cancelled the 30 baht medical card but that's another subject.

Oxford alumni -- 100 baht discount.

19 hours ago, tingtongfarang said:

Wonder if the university of oxford know or have been informed

I think it will arrive the same time as the STV Chinese tourists...... What utter rubbish, no way will this banana republic get any vaccine from any country before the source country and surrounding countries are vaccinated.   Plus its hogwash any vaccine will be ready any time soon... this is a dangerous story full of could’s and maybe’s and a shameful story.

7 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

First to be vaccinated with the new drug will be vulnerable groups such as medics treating Covid-19 patients, as well as the elderly and children

Why not children, they are not seen as superspreaders for nothing,

The main purpose of the schoolaged annual flu vaccination programme is to reduce transmission in the community

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/902790/Flu_vaccination_programme_briefing_for_school_team_and_headteachers.pdf

7 hours ago, Tounge Thaied said:

Right. No forced vaccines... no one is going to force vaccinate you. It's all voluntary. Just don't expect to ever be able to travel, live where you choose on the planet, go back to work, get your government retirement check etc., etc. Totally voluntary. 

Must have missed something, always thought that all aspects of travel were voluntary.

• Confused 1

Russia get one already, but we are not autorized to share this critical information.

So the big elitist minority high level business (not only the one from Thailand, but world wide) will go forward again to get money back from invests and this would be the second chapter of a long serial of world wide far west economy style story time versus the majority of poor people able to paid by their own poor and no valuable life for this new consequence of the "culture of the fear business".

The "invisible hand" (read Adams Smith, the dad philosopher of free market capitalism) market propaganda itself propagate: "This world will never be the same again". That's it, no complotism there, just consequences effects happening.

6 hours ago, faraday said:

The reason people are living longer is due to many things, not just vaccinations.

More to do with it than anything else. The way international travel developed, how many pandemics for smallpox, cholera, typhoid and the like would there have been if they had never bothered with vaccines.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tounge Thaied said:

Right. No forced vaccines... no one is going to force vaccinate you. It's all voluntary. Just don't expect to ever be able to travel, live where you choose on the planet, go back to work, get your government retirement check etc., etc. Totally voluntary. 

no enforcement really ?

Do you know the definition of the word: "blackmail" ?

I scare about we will again be in this situation to "not forced", but "blackmailed" to be enforced to do something.

again and again.

This kind of dirty practice just show the dark reality of this mentality to enforce power management.

We know that power is also dangerous for the one human who access it (even more when he did search to get it) and push himself to the "Hurbis syndrome" point.

You should look at the facts and consider it to be as it is to remove your colored filters.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Blumpie said:

That's nice.

If this happens ( and I have my doubts) it doesn't really matter and won't for a long time because this vaccine has to be widely available.  

It simply will not be, not that I think it will come to fruition anyways.  

This is the same vaccine that the Australian government has been funding and also construction laboratories to produce it. 

I believe the infrastructure to produce it is being built in a number of countries to enable huge production quite quickly. 

Let us hope they have got it right. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jerolamo said:

no enforcement really ?

Do you know the definition of the word: "blackmail" ?

I scare about we will again be in this situation to "not forced", but "blackmailed" to be enforced to do something.

again and again.

This kind of dirty practice just show the dark reality of this mentality to enforce power management.

We know that power is also dangerous for the one human who access it (even more when he did search to get it) and push himself to the "Hurbis syndrome" point.

You should look at the facts and consider it to be as it is to remove your colored filters.

Agree completely.

We won't be forced, but we will be put into a position where we don't have a choice.

Whoever is orchestrating the whole thing, most probably has it all planned.

Unfortunately, if I expand on that too much.... well, I'm sure you understand what I'm getting at....

It's 'for our own good' of course! :wacko:

• Thanks 1

they got some neck wont let uk citizens in their country but want our vaccine. the uk government are idiots if they let them have it, shouldnt let them have it till the uk is let back in their country.its called reciprocity thailand!

although there is no way a vaccine will be available this year or even early next year.  we hear there is a vaccine every other week we all know that its not happening.

• Like 1

Some posts in violation of fair use policy have been removed:

14) You will not post any copyrighted material except as fair use laws apply (as in the case of news articles). Please only post a link, the headline and the first three sentences.