Property owners can now apply COE

11 minutes ago, Upnotover said:

Copy of bank statements of a Thai bank account with deposit at least 3 million baht (approx. £77,000), or Thai government bonds at least 3 million baht

ooops.     always gotta read the fine print.    actually regarding all these schemes ,  the bold print

Most of the categories permitted entry to Thailand include a prerequisite that you have $100,000 worth of health insurance "for the whole of the period of your stay in Thailand".  I assume that a fair number of farangs taking up the offer will be married to a Thai and consider Thailand as home.  In which case are they required to pay for the insurance for the rest of their days in the country?

18 minutes ago, phetchy said:

Most of the categories permitted entry to Thailand include a prerequisite that you have $100,000 worth of health insurance "for the whole of the period of your stay in Thailand".  I assume that a fair number of farangs taking up the offer will be married to a Thai and consider Thailand as home.  In which case are they required to pay for the insurance for the rest of their days in the country?

The $100 000 insurance is specific to covid-19 which at the moment non thais need  to enter for you stay, those entering on non o by marriage or thai children, get 90 days on entry so they only need 90 days of this insurance, at this time there is no need to keep that insurance when you extend your stay. People on a non imm O-A  stamped in for a year so they need this insurance for a year, as well as needing health insurance that covers 40 000baht outpatient care and 400 000 inpatient for as long as they stay in Thailand

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Upnotover said:

Indeed they can, just meet the other requirements and you can return to your condo.....

- Copy of bank statements of a Thai bank account with deposit at least 3 million baht (approx. £77,000), or Thai government bonds at least 3 million baht

Why would a condo owner have a lazy 3 million in a Thai bank? Insane requirement! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, madmen said:

Why would a condo owner have a lazy 3 million in a Thai bank? Insane requirement! 

Yeah, stupid regulation. Property is also money that the owner has invested Now they want to see money. And maybe next time they want to see diamond in safetybox... so craizy !!

Edited by alianware

7 hours ago, phetchy said:

Consensus of opinion is that the insurance should cover the Permission of Stay you will receive on entry, which will be according to Visa type. Once in country, I do not know of any obligation to retain that insurance or renew it, other than a retirement extension on an O-A Permission.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, phetchy said:

You don't get a permission to stay for the rest of your life on entry (nor on annual extensions).  Legally, the duration of your stay is up to the date you are stamped in for and remains so until/unless you then get an extension of stay. The COVID insurance requirement does nto apply to incountry extensions.

So, you need the COVID insurance for the period you are eligible to be stamped in for. On a non-O, that will be 3 months. On an O-A , one year. etc

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, alianware said:

Yeah, stupid regulation. Property is also money that the owner has invested Now they want to see money. And maybe next time they want to see diamond in safetybox... so craizy !!

When they are talking about a property owner, they don't mean a foreigner with a 36sqm shoebox. They are talking about investers. 

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, Airalee said:

I wonder what happens when the bank deposit protection drops from ฿5,000,000 to ฿1,000,000 next August?  I’m not sure I would feel comfortable with a ฿2,000,000 risk exposure.

When was the last time you read about a bank go bankrupt in Thailand? Do you really think it will happen to let's say Bangkok Bank, K-Bank or SCB? 

3 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

When was the last time you read about a bank go bankrupt in Thailand? Do you really think it will happen to let's say Bangkok Bank, K-Bank or SCB? 

Don’t care.  It’s not financially prudent to have deposit amounts above the deposit protection insurance. Period.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Airalee said:

Don’t care.  It’s not financially prudent to have deposit amounts above the deposit protection insurance. Period.

We live in Thailand, and being prudent all the time defeats the object.

• Haha 1