Foreign property owners now allowed to return to Thailand

rooster59

This is so confusing, if a-o is 80.000bhat for one year visa (funds in thai bank ) then is the 3M bhat visa required by property owners is for 5 yr visa stay ? 
800.000 x 5 = 4m right ? 
- 1m for discount ? 

Then I assume that in 5yrs it will be a repeat? 

Sorry if my maths are off but I’m trying to get my head around all this as There has to be something sane somewhere unless it’s all insane everywhere ! 

• Confused 2

14 hours ago, NorthernRyland said:

Seriously 3 million baht? This is no way to treat people who own condos. I wish sometimes we could do this <deleted> to the Thais that live in our countries. Maybe they would learn something in the process.

Righteous indignation aside, I like to think that westerners have higher core values than to treat people in such a manner. Two wrongs don’t make it righteous...

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Raymonddiaz said:

Non B is for people who intend to work in Thailand. What’s really going on???? More confusions.....

I think this is wrong, maybe written overnight. My friend who is stuck in NZ has just received an exemption from the Thai embassy to return. 

They have sent him visa application papers. He has owned a property for 15 years. I have not seen the paper work yet, he is in his early 80s.

He will pay the fares and quarantine, I don't know what he's doing about insurance, he has the bank part under control. 

I see NZ not on the UK list, must be o on the Thai embassy NZ list. 

I think this first issue of rules will be tailored eventually as it won't get Airlines up and running,, nor will the insurance greedies experience a gold rush, but it is a start and my guess is that it will be tailored. 

I will keep you informed regarding visa requirements and insurance when I know more 

Cheers 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Surelynot said:

OMG.....this doesn't apply to the Chinese as well...... does it?.......It can't do, they are flooding back into my condo at the moment.

You have to wonder just how are they getting into Thailand or for that matter out of China.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, malthebluff said:

Finally done it for me time to sell up and move to other maybe Cambodia or Philippines much cheaper and they actually want us there. 

That would be an interesting theory if the Philippines didn't have basically the same entry regulations at the moment as Thailand. And to think, if you were already living there, you could have enjoyed months of mandatory lockdown (longest in the world) and still the highest Covid infection and death rate in SE Asia. Not to mention people over 60 are still restricted from leaving their residences and inter-provincial travel is still, 9 months on, severely restricted. 

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

Enjoy Australia...where you need government permission to enter or exit the country and travel between states isn't allowed. I'll enjoy the Thai Dream, where 2 out of those 3 are allowed (as well as indoor dining).

We have indoor dining the state is three times the size of Thailand with more beaches and tropical rainforest plus deserts,can travel anywhere in the state no restrictions.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Airalee said:

Only a complete financial illiterate would put 3 million baht into a Thai bank when the deposit protection drops to ONE million baht next year.  

I think that it has dropped to one million already. I asked last January and I was told the rule would be changed in August, which has passed already.

32 minutes ago, heybuz said:

We have indoor dining the state is three times the size of Thailand with more beaches and tropical rainforest plus deserts,can travel anywhere in the state no restrictions.

I'm glad you're happy with your choice...why are you belittling Thailand; maybe you would rather be here?

Edited by Pattaya Spotter
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Pravda said:

I have actually been condo shopping. Wife's taking a loan, so it won't be a cash purchase. Most new projects are being sold 15-20% lower than pre-sale prices back in 2016. It is actually a great time to buy if you think they will let Chinese back which they certainly will. 

My wife is only worried about oversupply, but I think it's not an issue in Thailand as developers dictate the prices which always go up. 

I'm probably wrong, cuz if I was right I'd be a millionaire by now. But seriously, the best time to buy is when the sky is falling. If you can stay in Thailand this should be a no brainer. 

Again, don't listen to me... I suck at investing. 

Sorry the prices don't always go up. There is currently a glutton of unsold condos.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Ventenio said:

i've recently noticed horribly built condos for like 2.5 million baht in the middle of nowhere.  

do the math people, research your home country, and just invest another 1 or 2 million and you will get MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH more, and safety.

rent

I would agree with rent if your company is paying.

The other option is if staying for long term then buy.

If you rent for 10 years and leave you might get two months deposit back. If you buy for 3 mil stay 10 years then if push came to a very big shove you could sell at a big discount but still walk out with some cash. 

All depends on how long you've been I suppose.