Luxury home flooded in NE - owners had fled Bangkok now this!

webfact

Luxury home flooded in NE - owners had fled Bangkok now this!

6pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

Sanook reported on a shared post on the fan page of "Tew Tew Chew Chew" (ติ๋วติ้ว ชิว ชิว) that featured pictures of a 15 million baht luxury home under flood waters in Khao Yai, Nakhon Ratchasima. 

The poster said they had left Bangkok because of flooding but now this had happened. 

They noted that nothing in this life is for sure!

Sanook reported that three districts and six sub-districts in the area had been hit by flooding that had inundated 397 homes. 

Particularly hard hit was Pak Chong. 

Much of the outlying areas of Bangkok were under water for months in the great flood of late 2011, notes Thaivisa.  

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-10-12

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, PJPom said:

Anyone heard of Marlow on the Thames river in UK ?. Fifteen million pounds will buy you a nice riverside property, it also floods...

Yeah I stayed at a hotel right beside the river a few years ago and looking out from the bar at the land towards the river I thought this would be a great place for a house . Then noticed the land was only about 2ft above the river level and it wasn’t even raining at that time . 

• Like 1

Any rich person who builds a large mansion like the one that got flooded gets

no sympathy from me. More money than brains is the description I have for people

anywhere on the world who forget to check on critical things like where is the

water mark in the area for a 100 to 200 year flood.                                                                                 Checking with some old

locals would usually supply that kind of information if it is not at the land office

near by.  Thailand is mostly a flat country, so people in the hilly area of Kao Yai

should have a few higher places to build their huge mansions.

Geezer

• Like 1