Herpes Stigma In Thailand?

JohnnyCrisp22

On 10/12/2020 at 5:12 PM, BangkokReady said:
On 10/12/2020 at 3:03 PM, BritManToo said:

1)Condoms give no protection against herpes.

They'd need to cover the blisters for them to be effective.

He's talking about genital herpes, which I think appears on the tip of the penis.  A condom would cover this, if used correctly.

Are you suggesting that tying it around your balls is an incorrect use of a condom?? ????

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Yes, my family village is so conservative that nearly all the girls have babies by age 15-16.

One especially conservative girl managed to have 4 babies by 4 different village guys by the age of 22.

One important understanding about Thai culture is knowing that what they say they do, and what they actually do are entirely different and often opposite things. The number of Thai girls I've encountered that say "I don't normally do this" just before they do it is incredibly high, I just laugh when I hear it.

I never steal, I don't lie, I don't have casual sex, I've never been unfaithful to my husband before ......

all Thai female classics, and often pronounced just before or after the deed has been done..

It depends on the family, my GF's mother ruled with a rod of iron until she died. I have no doubt what you are saying is true for quite a few girls.

My GF got married at 19, had her only daughter when she was 23. So maybe she is different, but I know the response that statement will bring. So predictable.

OTOH, the daughter had her first child at age 15.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

so not 33% then

My post said that rate was quoted as being in this area (nothing to do with Leeds).......SE asia, and a local article highlighted it here as being prevalent amongst sex workers and the gay community.

It was alarmingly high here and I am sure a figure of 33% was quoted. Research will show (as I stated) that although it is antibiotic resistant there are other less well known and also combinations of antibiotics which have been successful.

2 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

My GF got married at 19, had her only daughter when she was 23. So maybe she is different, but I know the response that statement will bring. So predictable.

OTOH, the daughter had her first child at age 15.

Entirely believable, my daughter is 23 and hasn't even kissed a guy.

Some girls do, some girls don't, but I've never seen any point in chasing the girls that clearly don't.

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

Entirely believable, my daughter is 23 and hasn't even kissed a guy.

Some girls do, some girls don't, but I've never seen any point in chasing the girls that clearly don't.

My big mistake in Australia.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

OK my point is many people don't use a condom for oral and gonorrhea can be caught

As can the HPV which can cause tongue and throat cancer, and as Michael Douglas was quoted as saying, "perhaps I licked too much pussy".........which resulted in him and his wife separating for a short while!

On 10/12/2020 at 1:03 AM, BritManToo said:

1)Condoms give no protection against herpes.

They'd need to cover the blisters for them to be effective.

My pal had blisters on his lips, cheeks, arms, legs and right across his chest.

This was in CM a few years back, poor chap, in his 50s, had only had sex with 3 previous women in his entire life.

We all thought it was Eczema, but the doctor took one look and said, "worse case of herpes I've ever seen"

2)Wait until all the blisters have gone before touching another person.

And you can live a normal life, attacks usually settle to once or twice a year lasting a week each or less.

It's almost certain all the girls available for you to 'date' will already have it along with HPV.

You don't have to have an active case to spread it.

I got (Undiagnosed to this day...) Herpes about 25 years ago, I think it was from a BJ off my long-term girlfriend who had a cold-sore at the time.  I never thought anything of it. 

But I also got Chicken Pox around the same time.

My herpes was awful, not like the other posters on this board.  The first year I had may outbreaks, enough to make me yelp in pain, very awkward at the office.  Going to the toilet the scab had welded itself to my underwear as it always seemed to be moist.

Took a while before I went to a clinic as I didn't know what it was.

Trouble is, every time I get tested, the results come back negative.  So I can't get the tablets.  So I stock up when I travel to Thailand (The tablets do work for me).

Starting new relationships can be awkward - when do you tell your (potential) partner about it?  Too early on, they would do a runner and you'd never have a relationship.

So, there tends to be 3 kinds of people when it comes to Herpes Simplex 2 (Genital) and 1 (cold sores on the lips), those who get it and express (break out) on occasion, those that are carriers/transmitters but don't break out, and those who are truly immune and do not pass it.  There is no way to tell who is who on this genetically.  It's just part of the sexual landscape should be taken as such.  It is no big deal unless a woman is giving birth while a break out is happening then C-section is recommended to reduce the chance of a problem with a child whose immune system is not 100% yet.

There are 8 herpes defined viruses that are part of the environment, each person has a genetic chance that one or more of them will affect you.  One #7 is a common kids affliction.

Ex-Medical Technologist

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

For those here who are lucky to have not suffered much, congratulations. Others are not as blessed and must resort to being "overly" cautious. Supposing someone intended to have only a long-term partner and she agreed to undergo whatever tests were requested.

Edit: here's where to get tested (including an IgG blood serum test for both strains of HSV)

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1187464-affordable-stdsti-test-in-bangkok/

Edited by seeriipaap