Thai PM pushes tracking app for foreign tourists, denies it’s like "Big Brother"

webfact

2 hours ago, Kadilo said:

After praising Thailand Plus - that comes with the tagline "It gives you more than you thought"

Im not sure having a tag line that sounds like a Beach Road hooker is a good idea. 

'STV, It gives you more than you thought'

Quite an apt name & tagline considering that sex tourism is one of the main reasons so many cum (lol) here. In the UK, I vaguely recall there was a similar STV (sexually transmitted viruses) campaign like this back in the 90's.  

• Like 1

Track which bars, shops, attractions, parlours, eateries and hotels, nothing like Big Bro; possibly also linked to your credit card to track spending ?

Send small vibrations to remind you three days before expiry visa, and check ticket out seating on transport?

• Like 1

Victors do not want to be "steered" away from local Thai, it is how one mixes when one travels, go eat where the locals, do, go to the local attractions. 

So no more staying in local villages or travelling on trains with locals?

3 hours ago, Mavideol said:
3 hours ago, webfact said:

He praised the app saying that it would inspire confidence for tourists coming in on the STV scheme and would create further confidence for Thais concerned by the arrival of foreign tourists. 

and here we have the weekly BS post

Weekly?! They are now on an hourly schedule.. Can't keep any coffee in my mouth with all the BS have been reading since this morning.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

These are the real Thai mate.

They will have to learn some harsh lessons before anything will change I'm afraid.

Self appointed greedy Aristocrats at best. Well refined is an absolute no, but refined in the art of taking yes.. Real Thai nope! And let the harsh lessons roll in if the youngins have the balls for it.

22 minutes ago, chainarong said:

Looks like its Singapore then,  when I finally can get out of OZ.

Shades of Axis countries during WWII.  Will Morrison insist you're chipped, tagged, or GPS monitored before you leave?  Vaccinated is a given, which means you're not going anywhere anytime soon.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Burma Bill said:

How many more times must I ask this idiotic Government how to accommodate people with one of these (and there are many still in use):-

Review of 2G, 3G cell phone RF study draws closer link to tumors in rats |  Steve Blum's Blog

Yeah, and tell Amazon to stop online sales because some people only have typewriters.

99% of people have smart phones.  The 1% that don't are the crusty old posters on TV who don't travel anyway.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, keith101 said:

More like a father who doesnt trust his children and wants to track everything they do .

More like a farlang .

Who does not trust his wife .

When she visiting her mother / brother , in the Village , again ..555

Edited by elliss
  • Haha 1