14,000 police officers keep hawk’s eye on student rally

webfact

1 hour ago, nausea said:

Looking at it on youtube now, there's little doubt where the popular feeling is going. Unthinkable a few years ago. Just hope it all doesn't end in tears. A great number are attententiste, fear is still the prevailing emotion among the non committed. But, as they say, they've broke the seal, anybody's guess where it goes from here. I'm guessing a 1976 solution isn't really on the cards.

I feel the same way. The 1976 solution worked back then as the government was able to control the flow of information plus there were no smart phones with cameras and no internet.

Nowadays the government will have to shut down the internet and confiscate ALL smart phones with cameras. I suspect that it will be impossible to police mobiles, but possible to close the internet.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Meat Pie 47 said:

Look at the boots and haircuts they are the army

army.jpg

I saw this on the TV earlier, as soon as the pictures came on I said they're army, the Mrs looked and agreed, how thick are the people in charge to think they could get away with that ??

19 minutes ago, Susco said:

I feel things may get ugly before year end.

I'm sure most of you have read in the worldwide press what Germany's foreign ministry has made clear in the past week.

The protest in Bangkok today is covered in the press in all prominent news sources in the west, and I have seen pictures of signs carried in the protest, which you would never have seen years ago.

I was thinking of ways to allude to that news, you have done very well, ???? I really miss daddy ????

Music video posts have removed as well as the posts containing the lyrics to those music videos. 

A troll post baiting an other member has been removed as being of a stalking nature:

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

Day to watch as the government has declared an emergency decree that banned gathering of 5 or more people and the yellow shirts are provoking the peaceful demonstrators. Doubt this will end nicely. May be the start of something huge. Let's hope this is not a repeat of 1973. 

11 hours ago, chickenslegs said:

How long before the Daily Mail gets banned again in Thailand?

Not only the Daily Mail but many other worldwide media outlets, headlines from some make "amazing" reading in today's Yahoo News UK - a "State of Emergency"???

26 minutes ago, Burma Bill said:

Not only the Daily Mail but many other worldwide media outlets, headlines from some make "amazing" reading in today's Yahoo News UK - a "State of Emergency"???

Yeh, many newspapers in Europe publish about the news, especially the protests in Thailand, so we know what happens.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

I see over on Andrew Marshall's face book page he claims many yellow shirts were army drafted in from the south. Looking at the film on there they certainly don't look like it. They look far more like poor people, so could well have been paid to turn up, they were trucked in as seen above. How anyone can be a yellow shirt voluntarily these days is beyond me, brainwashing can't be that good.

It would be kinda hard to address that without breaching forum and country laws. Best I can offer is that if one follows USA politics, then he'd be aware voters sometimes support the party/side without being fully behind the candidate fielded. I think that's the case for many of the participants, on both sides.

13 hours ago, Meat Pie 47 said:

Look at the boots and haircuts they are the army

army.jpg

Interesting they sport different yellow shirts. If it was a run of the mill last minute effort I'd expect them to do the daft thing and issue all the same toned shirts.

16 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

Those Yellows don't look like the middle class grovelers from earlier years do they, they would not be herded onto trucks. Only the poor being paid would be transported like that

Oh, 'grovelers'. That certainly makes the point.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Morch said:

Interesting they sport different yellow shirts. If it was a run of the mill last minute effort I'd expect them to do the daft thing and issue all the same toned shirts.

wrong message

Edited by Peterphuket
  • Haha 1