Walk-in flu shot? Side effects

THAIPHUKET

10 hours ago, Letseng said:

Had a shot in my arm. Was a bit tender for 2 days just like with most other innoculations. Some ppl feel a bit off colour for a few days, some get the flu. Nurse told me what I can expect. Some feel nothing at all.

59 Koreans died from a flu jab ..... was in the news.

• Like 1

i remember years ago in oz /i had a building company and was advised to pay for flu shots for workers  so no time lost work   i never had a shot and some of the workers also/the people had the shot all off work sick 

eat well and keep good health and the immune system will take care of you 

On 11/2/2020 at 9:15 AM, tranquilogringo said:

I'm allergic to eggs and was nervous about getting a flu and pneumonia shot. In the end I decided the benefits outweighed the risk of side effects. The first flu shot I got I waited in the hospital afterwards for two hours just in case. No problem at all. Since then I've had several flu shots. Again no problems. Apparently today's flu shots have little to no egg carrier in them.

I was asked if I was allergic to eggs as the normal vaccine contains albumen. There was an alternative available without this.

• Like 1

Okay, here comes the conspiracy! I had never had a flu jab until 2½ years ago. Two available at Thai Red Cross, with aluminum or mercury adjuvant or none. I chose none.

Six months later, a host of autoimmune endocrine symptoms began. To be fair, I had a root canal in that timeframe. Root canals (see The Root Cause doco) are also suspect in autoimmunity.

Regardless, I'm still not fixed. I'd be hesitant to get a flu jab again, let alone Covid.