Flying into Thailand with Dog

BellyNeedsJelly

Contact the hotel - I’m not sure how many ASQ hotels, if any would be dog friendly. 

Where would you walk your dog etc if you can’t leave your room until the results of the first Covid-19 test is known (day 6 or 7).

The sensible answer is of course - you can’t travel with your dog at this time, but that is just an assumption (of mine) based on the current situation. 

Assuming the dog meets the ‘Animal Passport’ requirements or has the Vets letter, is not a dog on the dangerous dogs list such as a pit bull etc, it can travel to Thailand.

Somewhat ironically, the complications start with the need for human quarantine !

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I've read several articles in the media saying that dogs can transmit SARS-COV-2. Even if it's not actually proven yet, with what's just happened at the mink farms in Denmark it would be silly for the authorities to take any risks. I'd guess that IF they allow you to bring the dog back then it will have to be quarantined in an approved kennel and tested for C19. You wouldn't be allowed to walk it in your ASQ hotel so couldn't keep it with you. That's all guesswork on my part, but it's roughly what I'd expect. OTOH, this is Thailand so who knows, lol???

I just came in from Hong Kong on Wednesday with my two dogs on Cathay as excess baggage. But I had to hand them over to a dog transportation company to be taken home (to Hua Hin) whilst I am in quarantine in BKK. I suggest you do the same. You're not even allowed out of the room for the first 5 days, so there's no way you'll be able to walk the dog. Send the dog home (if there's someone at home to take care of Rover for you) whilst you complete your quarantine.

• Like 1

On 11/3/2020 at 7:49 AM, richard_smith237 said:

Contact the hotel - I’m not sure how many ASQ hotels, if any would be dog friendly. 

Where would you walk your dog etc if you can’t leave your room until the results of the first Covid-19 test is known (day 6 or 7).

The sensible answer is of course - you can’t travel with your dog at this time, but that is just an assumption (of mine) based on the current situation. 

Assuming the dog meets the ‘Animal Passport’ requirements or has the Vets letter, is not a dog on the dangerous dogs list such as a pit bull etc, it can travel to Thailand.

Somewhat ironically, the complications start with the need for human quarantine !

Seems to me that most/all the quarantine hotel would say no, they need to be ready for a next quest (whether part of the quarantine process or otherwise) and wouldn't want their room to have the smell of a dog and the dog shxx litter. 

The ASQ hotels rang from about 30,000 to 170,000Baht, if I booked any of these hotels and arrived to find dog/litter smells (which I would need to suffer through for 14 days) I would be angrily demanding another room and some compensation. And I would report the hotel to the Thai Health Ministry COVID 19 situation department, which could possibly mean the hotel is removed from the ASQ hotels list.

Just now, scorecard said:

Seems to me that most/all the quarantine hotel would say no, they need to be ready for a next quest (whether part of the quarantine process or otherwise) and wouldn't want their room to have the smell of a dog and the dog shxx litter. 

The ASQ hotels rang from about 30,000 to 170,000Baht, if I booked any of these hotels and arrived to find dog/litter smells (which I would need to suffer through for 14 days) I would be angrily demanding another room and some compensation.

And I would report the hotel to the Thai Health Ministry COVID 19 situation department, which could possibly mean the hotel is removed from the ASQ hotels list.

• Sad 1

19 hours ago, andychk said:

I just came in from Hong Kong on Wednesday with my two dogs on Cathay as excess baggage. But I had to hand them over to a dog transportation company to be taken home (to Hua Hin) whilst I am in quarantine in BKK. I suggest you do the same. You're not even allowed out of the room for the first 5 days, so there's no way you'll be able to walk the dog. Send the dog home (if there's someone at home to take care of Rover for you) whilst you complete your quarantine.

What is the dog transportation company please ?

On 11/7/2020 at 11:16 AM, scorecard said:

The ASQ hotels rang from about 30,000 to 170,000Baht, if I booked any of these hotels and arrived to find dog/litter smells (which I would need to suffer through for 14 days) I would be angrily demanding another room and some compensation. And I would report the hotel to the Thai Health Ministry COVID 19 situation department, which could possibly mean the hotel is removed from the ASQ hotels list.

Some people love their dogs more than they love people.

I can see why.