Pattaya: Foreigner steals gun from shooting range, fires at police from condo

webfact

13 hours ago, The Farang said:

Yes you are against Americans based on your comments.  Your comments insinuate that Americans don't know about other cultures.  Didn't know how much people hated Americans until I lived overseas. Your comments reinforce that.

Well, you are completely wrong about that, but is up to you, you can think what you want. I worked with Americans when in the military, liked their equipment a lot. I met a lot  of them later on due to my job. I learned that talking about guns, religion or cheap gasoline was a no no if you wanted to keep them as a friend. THey are like black and white, no grey. Obese or super fit and healthy. Many don't have a clue what's going outside the US (or a limited knowledge) . Many seem to live in a bubble and think the US is the centre of the universe ????Not agreeing with all they say and do,  does not mean you hate them. If I would live in the States I probably would have guns myself (if I'm allowed). 

• Like 1

On 11/3/2020 at 7:40 AM, robblok said:

How is it B.S. when the US is the country with the a huge gun problem. Also on this board you will always have Americans moan on how to get guns. So yea I think my assessment was pretty accurate. Yes of course there are also anti gun Americans.  However you can't deny the gun culture in the US and the different mentality from the rest of the civilized on guns. 

Of course you know that Thailand has more firearms per head of population don't you? The US doesn't have a gun problem, the guns work just fine, it's the media who have the real problems added to the out of control drug fueled cities!

• Confused 2

On 11/3/2020 at 7:40 AM, robblok said:

How is it B.S. when the US is the country with the a huge gun problem. Also on this board you will always have Americans moan on how to get guns. So yea I think my assessment was pretty accurate. Yes of course there are also anti gun Americans.  However you can't deny the gun culture in the US and the different mentality from the rest of the civilized on guns. 

What problem ?there’s over 100 million responsible gun owners in America,not everyone’s a gang banger from Chicago or south central la,I suppose there’s no crime In your country,uk,australia?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Thomas Hannah said:

Are you sure.vietnam yes.But thailand is very strict.You said many places,but did not name one.

Sorry, did not realize I was obliged to name any......

Tiffany's.

Pattaya Shooting Park

There used to be one on Koh Larn.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, SomchaiCNX said:

Well, you are completely wrong about that, but is up to you, you can think what you want. I worked with Americans when in the military, liked their equipment a lot. I met a lot  of them later on due to my job. I learned that talking about guns, religion or cheap gasoline was a no no if you wanted to keep them as a friend. THey are like black and white, no grey. Obese or super fit and healthy. Many don't have a clue what's going outside the US (or a limited knowledge) . Many seem to live in a bubble and think the US is the centre of the universe ????Not agreeing with all they say and do,  does not mean you hate them. If I would live in the States I probably would have guns myself (if I'm allowed). 

I agree.  Most Americans do live in a bubble because the American culture perpetuates it.   But in defense it's not as easy ($$$) for Americans to travel to other countries and learn new cultures.   Costs too much and and most aren't willing to sit 15+ hours on a plane to traverse the globe.

• Like 1

On 11/3/2020 at 2:40 AM, chang1 said:

I don't understand why you would even need to ask this.

Obviously, yes. 

Much harder to hurt anyone when barricaded in a condo with a knife and much easier to disarm him. Not many people are hurt by a ricochet of a knife.

Knives have many uses so impossible to ban. Guns only kill, they are no good for defence unless you are prepared to fire the first shot and kill. The only time that is likely is during a mass shooting when a gun is about the only thing that will stop it but better to not enable nutters (or anyone else not involved in law enforcement) having guns in the first place.

You totally missed my point but all good. ????