Anxious U.S. voters choose between Biden, Trump after vitriolic campaign

webfact

2 hours ago, KhunFred said:

Sad that America had to experiment with Trump. I truly wish there were a way to make his supporters pay for what they have done to the United States. The nastiest pack of rubes and crackers, put a madman in charge for the last four years and there is no guarantee that this monster won't get ANOTHER four year term. I cringe when I think of checking the election results tomorrow morning. Living in Asia has been like watching a relative commit suicide.

Yet roughly half of Americans clearly disagree with your rant as they did at the previous election.

• Haha 1

Just now, Jingthing said:

That's the kind of thing illiberal anti democracy authoritarian dictators do.

If Biden pulls this out 45 has now incited his fans to civil war. 

No I'm not exaggerating.

Give it a rest, Trump has won and everyone knows it.

The final 6% of uncounted votes can't change the outcome.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Given all the media bias against Trump over the past 4 years, it has to say something about Biden that he hasn't won the election by a landslide.

The guy that has correctly predicted the election since 1984 ( Allan Lichtman ) that was paraded out on radio here and I think on CNN must be really sweating, as he said Biden wins.

Odds are that Biden will still win. But maybe not. What we do know us that neither candidate has won YET.

2 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Give it a rest, Trump has won and everyone knows it.

The final 6% of uncounted votes can't change the outcome.

You're totally wrong. There is no winner yet. There is nothing in the constitution or state laws requiring instant results. Thus could easily take days or longer.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Odds are that Biden will still win. But maybe not. What we do know us that neither candidate has won YET.

The odds are not that Biden will win at this point. Odds are he will lose, and if there was no covid for example he would have lost by ten points, which shows you how weak of a candidate he really is, not being able to defeat a man who acts like a three year old all day and all. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, PattayaJames said:

Why would I even open a betting link?

Count the votes. 

I think we'll know Wisconsin fairly soon.

Biden now leading in Wisconsin. 

This is not over.

Do not believe anyone that says that it is.

Including especially the current president.

9 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Why would I even open a betting link?

Count the votes. 

I think we'll know Wisconsin fairly soon.

Biden now leading in Wisconsin. 

This is not over.

Do not believe anyone that says that it is.

Including especially the current president.

I believe Pa has over 2 million mail ins to count over the next couple of days. Michigan also has quite a lot to count.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Sujo said:

I believe Pa has over 2 million mail ins to count over the next couple of days. Michigan also has quite a lot to count.

Exactly. We knew this would happen if it was at all close. 45 falsely and outrageous claiming victory very prematurely and trying to stop the count of very large blocks of votes that he knows will hurt him. That's a dictator move.

Either candidate may still win after the votes are counted. 

Just wait!

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Sujo said:

This is correct but as of now Biden would need 62% of all remaining PA ballots. Michigan is similar. Other uncalled states have fewer remaining ballots to count with Trump ahead. The only comfortable uncalled state for either candidate is NC where Trump is ahead with 94% of the vote counted. But even NC is still in play.

It's a cliffhanger where Trump has a slight edge.

Where is that fat lady? Someone, wake her up!

3 hours ago, twocatsmac said:

Yet roughly half of Americans clearly disagree with your rant as they did at the previous election.

Just goes to show that roughly 50% of Americans are dumb.

And because of this they deserve what they get, a liar and a cheat as a president who has the absolutely no scruples with regards to playing the race card, supporting right-wing groups and denigrating whomsoever seems to get in his way, both Republican and Democrat.

And this from a US voter who was hoping for a fair outcome............"It's time to rebuild the heart of what makes us a great country. That starts with electing leaders of character who are truthful and will put the country's welfare ahead of all else, and who will show respect for all people regardless of their gender, their race, their religion or their political beliefs."

Unfortunately if the orange dumpling gets in, there is no chance of the above happening. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, meechai said:

Boy I remember you telling everyone it was Madame President Hillary & get used to it....

You of course were so wrong & you have not gotten better at guessing/seeing the obvious

But about your above 3 predictions....I'm thinking likely 0/3

But we will see soon enough ????

If you can’t get the POTY right every year how can you get this one right. On a side note at least we never have to hear the term “scientific poll” ever again! They don’t exist.  Polls are wrong and never scientific. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Jingthing said:

No that is correct.

But it turns out we'll have the status quo.

The democrats will hold the house.

The Republicans will hold the senate unfortunately.

No flips.

So you still think wapo is such.a bad source or only when you don't like what they're reporting?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/senate-races/2020/11/02/61b35ef6-1d63-11eb-ba21-f2f001f0554b_story.html

Republicans clinging to Senate majority

According to Politico in the house Dems 194, GOP 185, so neither has 218 which is needed to be the majority. It's not over till it's over.

Senate tied on 47 so could be either.

I don't read any US media, but even if I did I don't bother with IMO openly biased publications.

I've taken little interest in things US till the 2007 financial crash which was IMO caused by corrupt US bankers. Then I became alarmed when they put up HRC as their candidate 4 years ago, as I saw her continuing Obama's policies on drone killings, Iran and climate change.

• Haha 1

WOW, what a frustrating morning to wake up to. Still a cliffhanger and possibly not resolved for days.

IMO the Dems regretting that they didn't put up a better candidate. IMO it's doing so badly for them BECAUSE of Biden. If he can't do better against the "worst" president ever, it says much about him personally, IMO.

They also got it wrong, according to the exit polls that I've seen, that corona was the number one issue. Corona is third according to exit polls I've heard. The economy is first.

For sure, a lot of pollsters and the guy that was correct in predictions since 1984 are sweating, as their reputations depend on a Biden win.

Win or lose they've got egged as it's far closer than they were predicting.

Interesting to see the IMO biased media trying to spin it. The BBC had the popular vote as Biden 53 % ( if I remember the figure correctly ) and Trump as 0 %.

The presenters of the radio station I listen to are IMO biased against Trump and pushing the line that Biden is winning as much as possible.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

18 minutes ago, Chelseafan said:

I reckon a Biden win by 2

image.png.960e5e2ba660e16634af932de2370123.png

That map illustrates why the founding fathers got it right about the electoral college. A few states can dictate the presidency if using the popular vote.

I guess they didn't count on creating new states to sway the electoral college result.

• Sad 2

10 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

WOW, what a frustrating morning to wake up to. Still a cliffhanger and possibly not resolved for days.

IMO the Dems regretting that they didn't put up a better candidate. IMO it's doing so badly for them BECAUSE of Biden. If he can't do better against the "worst" president ever, it says much about him personally, IMO.

They also got it wrong, according to the exit polls that I've seen, that corona was the number one issue. Corona is third according to exit polls I've heard. The economy is first.

For sure, a lot of pollsters and the guy that was correct in predictions since 1984 are sweating, as their reputations depend on a Biden win.

Win or lose they've got egged as it's far closer than they were predicting.

Interesting to see the IMO biased media trying to spin it. The BBC had the popular vote as Biden 53 % ( if I remember the figure correctly ) and Trump as 0 %.

The presenters of the radio station I listen to are IMO biased against Trump and pushing the line that Biden is winning as much as possible.

Biden is winning. Neither has won yet. Facts.

3 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Seems that Blacks and Latinos are increasingly for Trump. Looks like the Dems got that wrong too.

Trump apparently increased his vote numbers too.

How could all those pollsters get it so wrong?

That's relative.

The Latino issue was largely in Florida because Latinos are very diverse. For example Cubans more likely to buy the lie that Biden  is a communist.

You're right that the polls look worse than in.2016 so there is going to be even.less reliance on taking polls seriously going forward. 

They tried but its become much harder to do them accurately. 

16 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Biden is winning. Neither has won yet. Facts.

I never said he didn't have more electoral college votes. I did say he should have done way better against the claimed "worst" president ever.

BTW he hasn't won till he has 270. "Winning" is irrelevant at the moment.

Have to admit that I was expecting Biden to be next president before yesterday, so cautiously optimistic he won't be.

Whatever, the pollsters are looking humiliated, IMO.

Trump is going for a recount in Wisconsin from what I just heard on radio

Edited by thaibeachlovers

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

That's relative.

The Latino issue was largely in Florida because Latinos are very diverse. For example Cubans more likely to buy the lie that Biden  is a communist.

You're right that the polls look worse than in.2016 so there is going to be even.less reliance on taking polls seriously going forward. 

I'm guessing the pollsters didn't take account of Trump voters telling them they were voting Biden because of the reaction Trump voters get, or they were asking the wrong people.

6 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I never said he didn't have more electoral college votes. I did say he should have done way better against the claimed "worst" president ever.

BTW he hasn't won till he has 270. "Winning" is irrelevant at the moment.

Have to admit that I was expecting Biden to be next president before yesterday, so cautiously optimistic he won't be.

Whatever, the pollsters are looking humiliated, IMO.

Trump is going for a recount in Wisconsin as it's within 1%.

The recount won't help him.

Again Biden is winning now.

Of course he hasn't won yet.

Yes its depressing that its so close and 45 of course could still win. That's a sad state of affairs considering yes 45 really is that bad. But its probably going to be Biden!

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

That's relative.

I hope all the posters on TVF that have been telling us what the polls say will take note of that