Child with a thai woman??

lovethai123

Hi!

I haven't seen my "thai girlfriend" for a long time. We communicate via phone apps. I am in my country while she is in hers. I am waiting for regular flights to start.

I am thinking of having a child with her. It's just a thought as of now. I am in my mid thirties and she is in her late twenties. She has a child from a thai man already but she was never legally married. I guess that's how it works there seeing the huge number of single moms in that country. But things are different for foreigners I suppose.

I find it impossible to find a girl in my own country  due to various factors. 

The purpose of a marriage is to have a child and that purpose can be fulfilled by a "thai /pinoy/  girlfriend". I have been involved with this girl for a few years now and I have supported her during this pandemic as well even though there was no possibility of meeting. 

I have a few questions :-

1. Will the child be considered as illegitimate and looked down upon in the Thai society? 

2. Will the birth certificate of the child bear my name even if I am not legally married to his/her mother? Can the child have my last name? 

3. Will the child automatically have Thai nationality even though I am the father and not a permanent resident ? 

4. Will I be eligible for some kind of visa which allows me to visit Thailand whenever I want to meet my child? ( I don't want to live in Thailand)

5. Are schools where medium of instruction is English available across Thailand? If yes then what is the yearly expense. 

Edited by lovethai123
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 4
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, rumak said:

you are in your thirties.   many guys (such as me)  on this forum are much older and more experienced in things Thailand,   and relationships.     

That is why I never leave this forum. Some are rude but most people try to help and give advice. I don't want to discuss it with the girl unless I am sure of a few things. I am not a thai man and if I have a child I will make sure he/ she has a better life than me. 

• Like 1

Just now, lovethai123 said:

That is why I never leave this forum. Some are rude but most people try to help and give advice. I don't want to discuss it with the girl unless I am sure of a few things. I am not a thai man and if I have a child I will make sure he/ she has a better life than me. 

i will be happy to help.   Next time you are in CM  we can have a good long talk about all the conditions of your particular situation.        good luck

• Like 1

Just now, rumak said:

i will be happy to help.   Next time you are in CM  we can have a good long talk about all the conditions of your particular situation.        good luck

if u r serious i would take the next flight to bkk and fly to cm. but there aren't any flights. i am always open to discussion with people who have lived in that country

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Salerno said:

But, if the genes are there, potential for a decent modelling/TV career.

I am not white. I am brown.

I was thinking with the right guidance and education ,I can arrange the child to attend college in a western country and live over there eventually. That's why I am interested about English schools

Edited by lovethai123
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Salerno said:

But, if the genes are there, potential for a decent modelling/TV career.

Tiger Woods is a luk krueng. African- American father, Thai mother. The odds against that are about 1 in a billion.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, lovethai123 said:

I have a few questions :-

1. Will the child be considered as illegitimate and looked down upon in the Thai society? 

2. Will the birth certificate of the child bear my name even if I am not legally married to his/her mother? Can the child have my last name? 

3. Will the child automatically have Thai nationality even though I am the father and not a permanent resident ? 

4. Will I be eligible for some kind of visa which allows me to visit Thailand whenever I want to meet my child? ( I don't want to live in Thailand)

5. Are schools where medium of instruction is English available across Thailand? If yes then what is the yearly expense.

1. I don't think so. Attitudes are changing, and there are lots of single Thai mums.

2. Yes, if your partner chooses to add your name.

3. Yes.

4. No.

5. Available in larger cities. Prices can range from not a lot at all to hundreds of thousands of baht per year. It all depends on the school.

If you don't want to get married you can go to Court and legitimise the child to become it's legal father. If you do this then the answer to question 4 will change to Yes if you fulfill the visa criteria.

• Like 2