Child with a thai woman??

lovethai123

29 minutes ago, geisha said:

Oh dear, forget this plan immediately. You are obviously from a country that will not ba accepted in ordinary Thai life, Indian, or Arab, and to ask a woman to have a child only for your benefit is a crime. I’m quite sure you can find a lady who does not work in a bar in your own country. There are lots of divorced or widowed , even single ladies, who want to settle down. Not every man looks like Beckham . 

i dont plan to leave this girl. i have been supporting her during this pandemic too. and i cant find another woman by dumping this girl as thats not my style. 

malayasian indian  arab african white doesn't  matter here. no foreigner is accepted in thai system they never treat u as their own even if u have everything here and lived 20+ yrs. 

After long chit chats with foreigner men in bangkok , pattaya and chiang mai bars , I have learnt that the value of a foreigner is less that a cat/dog in a thai household. ????????????????

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, bwpage3 said:

Having a child and being an absent father is the cruelest thing you could ever do to a child.

It is downright selfish and just plain wrong.

This is the best response I've seen so far.

If someone has to come on a forum to ask if they should bring another human into the world the answer is plain- NO.

Children are not pets.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If someone has to come on a forum to ask if they should bring another human into the world the answer is plain- NO.

Children are not pets.

What's wrong with this forum? This forum is a great place. I find people who have more experience than me regarding thailand and I try to ask for their opinion and I have been told not to do it. The matter is over. 

29 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Just give them enough money - that increases your value tremendously. 

I was referring to men. And chit chatting with expats/tourists is a good kill time coz whenever i am there i cant be with the girl 24 hrs. I need my space. 

1 minute ago, lovethai123 said:

What's wrong with this forum? This forum is a great place. I find people who have more experience than me regarding thailand and I try to ask for their opinion and I have been told not to do it. The matter is over. 

It's not about Thailand, it's not about the woman that will birth it, it's not about you. It's ALL about the child, and what is best for the child.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

It's not about Thailand, it's not about the woman that will birth it, it's not about you. It's ALL about the child, and what is best for the child.

I did not have anyone to discuss. I came here because this seems to be a nice community and I was seeking advice. What is wrong in that?

A lot of fathers live in a different country. But since that is not best way to raise a child I have dropped this plan and I will think something else. 

Edited by lovethai123

I was referring to men. And chit chatting with expats/tourists is a good kill time coz whenever i am there i cant be with the girl 24 hrs. I need my space. 

If one can't give the child 100% for the rest of one's life, one should not have a child. Speaking as one that got 0.1% of my father's time.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If one can't give the child 100% for the rest of one's life, one should not have a child. Speaking as one that got 0.1% of my father's time.

sorry to hear that..

but tell that to the thai <deleted>bois who sleep with girls who haven't even attained the age of 18 and run away leaving the girl and the child. and the girls turns up in a bar/massage shop. 

I have been supporting this girl and it was only a thought to have a child as I am getting older. But since I can't live with the child, I have dropped this thought. 

• Like 1

Just now, lovethai123 said:

I did not have anyone to discuss. I came here because this seems to be a nice community and I was seeking advice. What is wrong in that? 

There's nothing wrong with seeking advice on which car to buy. Having a child is the most important thing one can do, despite most parents being awful, IMO. Only you can decide if it's the right thing to do given YOUR circumstances, and that the amount of YOUR time, effort and money YOU can give to the child.

MY point is that if YOU ain't 100% certain YOU, in MY opinion, should not have one.

I speak from personal experience as a previous child myself.

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

There's nothing wrong with seeking advice on which car to buy. Having a child is the most important thing one can do, despite most parents being awful, IMO. Only you can decide if it's the right thing to do given YOUR circumstances, and that the amount of YOUR time, effort and money YOU can give to the child.

MY point is that if YOU ain't 100% certain YOU, in MY opinion, should not have one.

I speak from personal experience as a previous child myself.

dnt worry

its  already dropped. no one supported my thought. 

i believe in democracy. 

• Thanks 1

sorry to hear that..

but tell that to the thai <deleted>bois who sleep with girls who haven't even attained the age of 18 and run away leaving the girl and the child. and the girls turns up in a bar/massage shop. 

I have been supporting this girl and it was only a thought to have a child as I am getting older. But since I can't live with the child, I have dropped this thought. 

I'm very happy to hear it.

Just because you support her now does not mean you will next week, next month or next year. It might not even be a decision you make- car accident, corona, etc can change life in unexpected ways.

7 hours ago, lovethai123 said:

Hi!

I haven't seen my "thai girlfriend" for a long time. We communicate via phone apps. I am in my country while she is in hers. I am waiting for regular flights to start.

I am thinking of having a child with her. It's just a thought as of now. I am in my mid thirties and she is in her late twenties. She has a child from a thai man already but she was never legally married. I guess that's how it works there seeing the huge number of single moms in that country. But things are different for foreigners I suppose.

I find it impossible to find a girl in my own country  due to various factors. 

The purpose of a marriage is to have a child and that purpose can be fulfilled by a "thai /pinoy/  girlfriend". I have been involved with this girl for a few years now and I have supported her during this pandemic as well even though there was no possibility of meeting. 

I have a few questions :-

1. Will the child be considered as illegitimate and looked down upon in the Thai society? 

2. Will the birth certificate of the child bear my name even if I am not legally married to his/her mother? Can the child have my last name? 

3. Will the child automatically have Thai nationality even though I am the father and not a permanent resident ? 

4. Will I be eligible for some kind of visa which allows me to visit Thailand whenever I want to meet my child? ( I don't want to live in Thailand)

5. Are schools where medium of instruction is English available across Thailand? If yes then what is the yearly expense. 

Thanks for starting this thread as I am in a very similar situation as you and this entire thread generated some very good discussion on this topic. I would like to talk about my situation but I don't want to hijack your post and therefore may start one myself as the situation is very similar but with a few differences.

Edited by greenhornfarang
  • Thanks 1

just coz i want a child. 

I have the perfect answer...

Why not get a baby buffalo? They're very gentle, & I'm sure that as you are chubby & brown skinned, you' ll have a lot in common.

Then, buy a pickup....an' a house...& as Thai people say you'll be like a:

frog underneath a coconut shell"

Chok Dee.

Edited by faraday
  • Haha 2

If you feel the need to have an offspring then you can do that in Thailand. Somewhere around 30s we start to feel something is wrong. And if your not already have a child then that's the feeling. If your child is mixed but brown/ black then it will be seen bad upon. If your child is mixed and white then she will be everyone's favourite and teachers will love her. Sorry but that's how it is in Thailand. Be prepared that your gf will ask for so many things after having your baby. Whatever reason it's up to you 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, lovethai123 said:

My country is still fighting the wuhan virus epidemic. there are no flights to go anywhere. ????????????????????

FYI, I am not a troll. 

Even if you were, it is an entertaining thread. Why not just enjoy yourself with your GF when you can?

Edited by Lacessit
  • Haha 1

The most important Question, how do you see her as a mother of her child? 

Is she able to rise the kid how you want it? Normally or often the Thai girls do not rise their kids themselves, and quite common their mother or auntie help, or some maid is hired. 

In my opinion, thais is not good at raising kids, but Im sure many will dissaggree strongly with me. 

10 hours ago, themongoose said:

As many have said here, if you want to give your child the best life, parenting is a full time job for ideally two people.

That's a bit of an old fashioned idea, western courts and social services seem to have viewed 'mom only' as the ideal parenting for at least the past 20 years. 

• Sad 2

When it comes to being looked down on, it is very much up to each and one, and everyone is picked on because of colour, ears, hair, body, parents status, so nobody is excused in thailand to be made a good laugh at! 

Thats would be my least worries by rising a kid in Thailand

• Thanks 1

I am not a westerner. Thais are looked down upon in my country. If i have a thai wife , then people would assume that she was a bargirl before. though that's not incorrect and we did meet in a bar ????????.

Also her past (though extremely short period of time) which involves working in a bar in the sin city stops me from marrying her.

If you want her to borne you a baby, you should marry her and treat her with respect and not treat her like a baby making machine.

Edited by EricTh
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, lovethai123 said:

The purpose of a marriage is to have a child and that purpose can be fulfilled by a "thai /pinoy/  girlfriend".

12 hours ago, lovethai123 said:

We communicate via phone apps

couldn't you just have a virtual child ?

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, lovethai123 said:

The girl in question has already passed all those tests. That is why I want to spend the rest of my life with her.

I can't live permanently in thailand. I can only visit regularly to meet the child

I think I'm going to align with many on absentee Fatherhood.

You say, "I want to spend the rest of my life with her".

If that's indeed the case but you don't want to live in Thailand, marry her and bring her to your home country, where you can have a child and raise it properly

Nearly all of us have witnessed what happens in Thailand, where men can drop and forget their kids faster than a pair of dirty underwear!

You can't raise a child by remote control, just visiting for a few weeks a year. Being a real Dad doesn't work that way.

Secondly, I hate to say this. But she's young, how do you think that works out with you just visiting a few times a year?

Women like men have 'needs', can't see that arrangement lasting until a kids 18th birthday somehow.

On the Luk Krueng thing.

My son is one. We moved from Singapore just as he was in middle school, through High School when he went to college in the US. I never saw anyone looking down on him, but then again we didn't circulate in the HiSo Sino Thai circles in BKK. 

Watch any Thai Lakorn and they are littered with Luk Kreungs

Sorry if thats not the advise you want to hear

Edited by GinBoy2
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, lovethai123 said:

thnx for replying but things aren't that simple. i have never had a child. the people here who are obviously more experienced that me in thailand life have opened by eyes that parenting is a full time job and i cant be a father on a tourist visa.

this plan is dropped for now.. i will think of other options .

I have a Swiss friend who has worked and stayed for many years in Thailand and is married with 2 children.

I have two younger friends who are married and have 1 child each, been coming to Thailand from UK for many years.

One comes to Thailand for 6 months and works 6 months in UK. 

The other does 4 month trips a year to Thailand, they will retire here at sometime is still their plan.

Your still young and all above happened quite a few years back and is all good, to do it nowadays can still be done but the C19 pandemic has messed things up at present and IMHO not a good time to plan anything at all if you cannot live here permanently or be able to go back and forth across the pond.. 

Besta luck anyhow.  

Edited by Kwasaki
  • Thanks 1