what is this new visa for american?

On 11/6/2020 at 10:42 AM, lordblackader said:

A single entry tourist visa is not exactly new, been around for years, they've just added a pile of requirements to it. 

In away it is new since it has a lot of different requirements than the standard single entry tourist visa.

6 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

It is new and is shown as a "Update" on the embassy website.

It is a new single entry tourist visa that some embassies and official consulates are issuing. The US still does not qualify for the STV.

It is also shown on their website here. https://thaiembdc.org/2020/11/05/trsingle_entry/

I haven't found this on the London embassy web site. Does this allow for the application for a Non - O when in Thailand?

2 hours ago, Jesse123 said:

I haven't found this on the London embassy web site. Does this allow for the application for a Non - O when in Thailand?

It might be on the London embassy website later.

I see no reason why you could not change to a non-o visa with it.

Some websites state if cannot be changed but I think that was incorrect info and it is not shown on the embassy website in the states.

• Like 2

A very intersesting (and strange) point is, that they are including now this "new", 60 days tourist Visa to get a COE, while they did not include the "old" Non O Visa for reason of retirement on the dropdown menue when checking eligibility for a COE... However, a lot of Non O Visas are included now... just not the one for retirement reason.

John

• Like 1

Bank account?  Does any investment account  qualify.  Like TD Ameritrade 401k?

If ones regular health  insurance doesn't agree to support all these requirements do you have to purchase  some travel insurance prior to applying?  I am not sure my insurance  has all this.   I've been buying travel insurance for my previous trips.   Did they delete the old STV And MTV?

Some more important information they should ask for would be police check  for crimes and DUI'S

17 minutes ago, Elkski said:

Only the embassy where you apply can answer that question but I think the answer would be yes.

18 minutes ago, Elkski said:

If ones regular health  insurance doesn't agree to support all these requirements do you have to purchase  some travel insurance prior to applying? 

It has to cover covid 19 of at least $100k for 60 days. Check here for the cost. https://covid19.tgia.org/

21 minutes ago, Elkski said:

Did they delete the old STV And MTV?

No But they are not being issued at this time since they do not qualify to apply for a certificate of entry.

23 minutes ago, Elkski said:

Some more important information they should ask for would be police check  for crimes and DUI'S

Why? 

Another problem is that 15 business days are required to process the visa but there are only 12 business days between now and the last available repatriation flight. Are they allowing normal scheduled flights for this visa?  

SSDD.

TR-Visa

+ 14 days locked in hotel

+ insurance Covid-19 

+ extra health insurance

+ show at least 15000 €

+ App to follow your steps 

+ fit for flight statement

+ flights

... all payed in advance!!!

3 days before flight negative PCR-test

If that is positive ... say bye-bye to all done payments

I think, a prepayment in total about 100000 Baht with the risk to loose that isn't worth further thoughts

If you Thailand is funny,

stay st home and safe your money

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, BudRight said:

Another problem is that 15 business days are required to process the visa but there are only 12 business days between now and the last available repatriation flight. Are they allowing normal scheduled flights for this visa?  

The Thai embassy in your country can give you a precise answer; however, I believe the list of airlines below is allowed in all countries:

• Emirates
  • Qatar Airways
  • Etihad Airways
  • Singapore Airlines
  • EVA Air
  • Thai Airways
  • Lufthansa
  • Austrian Airlines
  • Swiss Air
  • KLM
  • Air France
  • Cathay Pacific

42 minutes ago, UB40 said:

If the test is positive, you should be able to get most of your money back. Check the cancellation policies at the airlines and the hotels; be aware that the hotels have very different cancellation policies.

1 hour ago, UB40 said:

SSDD.

TR-Visa

+ 14 days locked in hotel

+ insurance Covid-19 

+ extra health insurance

+ show at least 15000 €

+ App to follow your steps 

+ fit for flight statement

+ flights

... all payed in advance!!!

3 days before flight negative PCR-test

I think, a prepayment in total about 100000 Baht with the risk to loose that isn't worth further thoughts

If you Thailand is funny,

stay st home and safe your money

I wouldnt see it so negative... 

I am glad Thailand is giving us some ways to enter the country again. Especialy for all of us having family or friends there. The requirements are not impossible to reach, if you really want to go back to Thailand, you can do it. A couple of months ago, things looked very different...

John

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Caldera said:

I'm surprised that they offer this in a high-risk country such as the US at this time. But then again, their requirements ensure that there won't be that many takers.

I don't know, the way things are in USA at the moment maybe some super rich want to get out for a while.

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, Elkski said:

If ones regular health  insurance doesn't agree to support all these requirements do you have to purchase  some travel insurance prior to applying?  I am not sure my insurance  has all this.   I've been buying travel insurance for my previous trips.   Did they delete the old STV And MTV?

Well if anyone can find out from the Thai embassies offering this in their country if investment account qualifies (stock/bond balance not cash) I would be interested - It has not appeared on the London embassy website yet so a heads up in case they start offering the TR would be good

7 hours ago, UB40 said:

You would only loose (sic) it if you failed to have suitable insurance in place for anything with cancellation charges.

14 hours ago, Elkski said:

I'm in the US and spoke with the Embassy in Washington DC. They told me yes that it can be a statement from any Legitimate Financial Institute as long as it has the right info, amount and meets the length of report requirement. Not sure if that includes stock or bond investments within the accounts, mine are in a cash account.  It may be different at other Embassies  but I received that confirmation today. Send an email and have them reply 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, farang51 said:

The Thai embassy in your country can give you a precise answer; however, I believe the list of airlines below is allowed in all countries:

• Emirates
  • Qatar Airways
  • Etihad Airways
  • Singapore Airlines
  • EVA Air
  • Thai Airways
  • Lufthansa
  • Austrian Airlines
  • Swiss Air
  • KLM
  • Air France
  • Cathay Pacific

The recently updated list on the Thai Embassy in the USA's website is:

At present, certain air operators are permitted to operate semi-commercial flights to Thailand, including Emirates Airlines/ Etihad Airways / Qatar Airways/ Singapore Airlines/ EVA Air / Cathay Pacific / Lufthansa / Swiss Air / Austrian Airlines / Thai Airways/ Thai Smile/ Korean Air/ China Airlines/ Spring Airlines/ China Southern Airlines/ Lucky Air/ China Eastern Airlines/ Shanghai Airlines/ China Air/ Juneyao Air/ Philippine Airlines/ Shenzhen Airline/ Gulf Air

This is not new.  I applied for a multiple entry tourist visa in November 2019 and they required an equivalent of 75000 baht in the bank for 6 months, but there was no requirement for medical insurance.  I came to Thailand Dec. 1 of 2019 and have been "stuck" here since then. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Dan O said:

I'm in the US and spoke with the Embassy in Washington DC. They told me yes that it can be a statement from any Legitimate Financial Institute as long as it has the right info, amount and meets the length of report requirement. Not sure if that includes stock or bond investments within the accounts, mine are in a cash account.  It may be different at other Embassies  but I received that confirmation today. Send an email and have them reply 

Did they mention if it can be across two accounts with different banks? Between my money market account and my money market fund I can do it, but they have a separate balance and are at different institutions.