First Chinese group expected in time for Year of the Ox under travel bubble

webfact

21 hours ago, webfact said:

The Tourism and Sports Ministry will discuss the option of building a travel bubble for Chinese tourists with the Chinese Embassy, with the aim of drawing visitors from 22 provinces in China that have been free of Covid-19 for more than 150 days

The travel bubble involves opening cities to exchange tourists without the necessity for isolation.

Idiotic... just chasing the baht.

• Like 2

“Hence, we expect the number of foreign arrivals in Thailand this year to stand at 6.8 million, though the second lockdown in Europe is making it tough to draw tourists to Thailand,” he added.

The second lock-down in Europe is because they screwed up, now you want to relax Thailands arrival rules... plainly mad.

Anyone who listens to what Pipat says must be crazy, the guy comes out with a new dream every day.

Edited by hotchilli
  • Like 2

He expects the Cabinet to approve the proposal before January 1, while the ministry expects the first group of Chinese tourists to arrive under the new arrangement during Chinese New Year in February.

First, it was about rich Chinese people with their own Lear jets. C'mon, bring some more viruses to Thailand, the world needs your products more than ever. ( Irony) 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

The second lock-down in Europe is because they screwed up, now you want to relax Thailands arrival rules... plainly mad.

Anyone who listens to what Pipat says must be crazy, the guy comes out with a new dream every day.

correct, 1st lock down was screwed up as many countries allowed their citizens to travel/vacation to sunny countries and these sunny countries allowed tourists in,  thus nobody fully/tightly implemented the 1st lock down, now they are crying the blues as they have to start a 2nd lock down all over again

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Im sick and tired of this BS stories...my wife coming to norway ASAP..take time but its ok

She have a bigt cardealer shop in BKK and business in Chiang Mai too...but now she want to come here because she understand this BS from thai goverment.

• Like 1

On 11/6/2020 at 9:31 AM, damascase said:

Which country? ‘Scandinavia’??

Norway , Denmark, Sweden and Finland is not under any lockdown.. Dont know why he used this wording...he could include Iceland and Jan Mayen and Svalbard also.. Svalbard is visa free btw and a lot of thai people works there.....

5 hours ago, KKr said:

????

tourist attractions are like that in many countries ,
go just at opening and you'll be almost alone

I have many friends who have travelled in China and did not enjoy the experience due to crowds, line cutting, rudeness.  I confess its second hand information as I dont think Ill ever take the plunge and book a tour.  Life's too short and having lived in Hanoi for 3 years I would have no desire to re-enter that culture.  Thailand is a paradise by any comparison. 

Chinese  without   Isolation  ??????????????????

Half the world  has  Virus now  cos of the Chinese

From  provences  no  virus   150  days   what about  the provences  with  virus still  10 klms  away  

Sorry   this man is  insane   (what  was the  payment to make this happen I wonder...at expense  of the poor Thai )

Good Luck Thailand 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, EricTh said:

I thought Thailand only allows countries with no internal virus cases for at least 150 days?

So why are the Scandinavian countries allowed into Thailand this month when it is going another lockdown?

Inconsistent and conflicting policies by Thailand again.

Scandinavian countries statistics

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/sweden/

on 30 Oct

Sweden: 4000 new cases .

Denmark: 1100 new cases 

Norway: 300 new cases

China: UNKNOWN cases because CCP are liars and cover up any new infections.

• Like 1

"with the aim of drawing visitors from 22 provinces in China that have been free of Covid-19 for more than 150 days."

My god you now need 150 days of the entire province be virus free to travel. And if not, what 5 month quarantine on arrival? The whole thing is insane. The hysteria over a disease with a recognized ifr of .23%, and for people under 70 .05%, is insane. If people doubt these numbers here is a peer reviewed paper by Prof. John Ioannidis of Stanford and accepted by the WHO, from Sept 15.

https://www.who.int/bulletin/online_first/BLT.20.265892.pdf

• Like 2

Palm reader. New broad minded leader required. One that sees they must learn to live with COVID rather than use it as a tool to end tourism. Open airport to interested pre tested tourists who will do your quarantine and stop wagging your tail. You have not succeeded anything. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, tomauasia said:

Palm reader. New broad minded leader required. One that sees they must learn to live with COVID rather than use it as a tool to end tourism. Open airport to interested pre tested tourists who will do your quarantine and stop wagging your tail. You have not succeeded anything. 

Yes, certainly, at least, everyone who would be willing to test before and after with quarantine should be allowed to travel anywhere in the world now. This is not the black death. End the hysteria. This is another version of the Great Fear, which existed during the French Revolution. There they saw royalist counterrevolutionaries everywhere, here the deadly covid virus, with uncontrollable numbers of covid deaths.

5 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

if you thought 2020 was bad, wait until the year of the Ox.

You ain't seen nothing yet.

"You ain't seen nothing yet."  Could you elaborate on that statement.  I am predicting a bad year ahead based on the tourist industry being destroyed,  exports contracting, on-farm income being far less than normal and even more people unemployed in 2021.  

You can add something else to my list?

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

if you thought 2020 was bad, wait until the year of the Ox.

You ain't seen nothing yet.

There will be an epidemic of sick buffaloes with no financial means to be healed. So many supportive farang are back home these days.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dexxter said:

There will be an epidemic of sick buffaloes with no financial means to be healed. So many supportive farang are back home these days.

And our international funds transfers may be delayed by a 14 day quarantine 

• Haha 1