MG Extender : good pickup truck ?

Emmarose

1 hour ago, guzzi850m2 said:

I wrote; slowly close down.

Owners can likely still get them serviced but not so easy anymore and how about spare-parts, I would never buy one under those circumstances and re-sale value will also be affected.

They will be able to easily have them serviced, maybe not at a dealership service centre but meh.... its out of warranty anyways.

On 11/9/2020 at 9:39 PM, jaiyenyen said:

I've held off commenting on this thread because of all the bickering about MG. Personally, I don't care who owns the company. I'm sure if you looked into who owns what with regards to company names, there would be a few surprises.

I've owned an MG Extender for just short of a year. I've covered around 20,000 kms without too many dramas. The infotainment head unit got changed because of an intermittant feedback noise. It was later found that one of the speakers had some insulation missing. It got dealt with efficiently by the local MG garage (Sai Mai, Bangkok).

I had another problem with ants getting into the starter relay (Not MG's fault), my fault for parking under a tree with an ants nest in it. This was also fixed by MG, foc.

I know next to nothing about cars but I find the Extender to be solidly built, with lots of extras and a very comfortable ride, with plenty of acceleration. Certainly as good as the two Mazda BT50's I had before.

To all those with negative comments, I would suggest you go to a showroom and have a look around one before dismissing them.

Thanks to share your experience, that's interesting !

22 hours ago, OliverKlozerof said:

Searched for info on "used pickup" in this forum and found this thread. Some guy asked about a certain model pickup. Then some idiots start a flame war about the quality of MGs. Very little useful info on original question. Congratulations thaivisa idiots. Don't you have something productive to do elsewhere? Would be nice if some moderator would delete the unhelpful noise. Waste of time. (Don't bother replying; I'm not following this thread.)

I thought it was quite interesting, as many know nothing of the real MG history that has been revealed here.., but,

Adiós amigo..... :cowboy:

• Like 1

On 11/7/2020 at 10:57 AM, transam said:

I have owned a 1964 MG, I have worked on many too, way back when. ????

MGB.jpg.c526eb877effa8536766ff1cbd1165f0.jpg

You say rubbish performance, well I can tell you that for the era(s) they were not.

What "British" MG have you driven...?

Your "4 pot performance is rubbish" is daft....Plus, MG's had 6 and 8 pots in their line up...

What does that have to dodo with the price of pickups in china.

Does discussing a 50+ year old car have any relavence to 2021 Chinese pick up?

2 minutes ago, n00dle said:

What does that have to dodo with the price of pickups in china.

Does discussing a 50+ year old car have any relavence to 2021 Chinese pick up?

The thread is about an "MG" pickup, did you miss the thread heading, and read the 7 pages of discussion....?  ????

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, transam said:

The thread is about an "MG" pickup, did you miss the thread heading, and read the 7 pages of discussion....?  ????

And what actual relationship does the leyland mg of yesteryear have to the chinese mg badge of today?

We all know what mg was, hardly seems relavent to the discussion.

28 minutes ago, n00dle said:

And what actual relationship does the leyland mg of yesteryear have to the chinese mg badge of today?

We all know what mg was, hardly seems relavent to the discussion.

British Motor Corporation bought Morris Garages, Morris Garages performance wing was called MG. B.M.C used the Morris badge on grocery getters, MG on performance versions, now you tell me where the performance comes into a re-badged Chinese pickup....?   ????

5 minutes ago, transam said:

British Motor Corporation bought Morris Garages, Morris Garages performance wing was called MG. B.M.C used the Morris badge on grocery getters, MG on performance versions, now you tell me where the performance comes into a re-badged Chinese pickup....?   ????

Why are you making my point for me? I agree, it is totally fokking irrelavent.

Glad you finally get it.

Just now, n00dle said:

Why are you making my point for me? I agree, it is totally fokking irrelavent.

Glad you finally get it.

Tell me, what has MG performance have to do with a basic re-badged Chinese truck, plus all the use of MG performance history in its ads...?

Why not sell it in LOS under its real Chinese heritage name.....?

The main issue people in the UK have with MG cars apart from name snobbery is that the wheels look too small.  

They look okay to me,  But then I'd drive one on an extended test drive or even hire one if I can to see if it's something that fits me.  

Everyone has a different view on what they want out of a vehicle.  

If the ££ ever increases in value I'd look at one to leave with the family for our use on our visits. Cheap with a warranty backed by a major manufacturer.  

On 11/19/2020 at 2:31 PM, englishinsiam said:

The main issue people in the UK have with MG cars apart from name snobbery is that the wheels look too small.  

They look okay to me,  But then I'd drive one on an extended test drive or even hire one if I can to see if it's something that fits me.  

Everyone has a different view on what they want out of a vehicle.  

If the ££ ever increases in value I'd look at one to leave with the family for our use on our visits. Cheap with a warranty backed by a major manufacturer.  

"Wheels look to small"....On what MG...?