What Biden's victory means for Thailand and rest of the world

webfact

15 hours ago, Is this real said:

Biden spoke yesterday about the Obamacare case with the Supreme Court.  How it would be so bad if it was overturned.  He doesn't seem to understand that the court's only purpose is to rule on whether a law is legal ... not the wonderfulness of it.  Is Obamacare legal according to the U.S.Constitution?

Biden also had a difficult time reading the script and talking without a script.  He's not going to make it, folks.

Close attention should be paid to Kamala Harris, since she'll be President in a short time.

You don't like Biden and you want to suggest he's impaired with bogus evidence  Not very charming. 

• Like 1

On 11/9/2020 at 7:42 AM, Emdog said:

I agree sometimes media jump the gun on calling an election. Prime example was 2000 election

Prime example was the Chicago Tribune's headline of Dewey beating Truman (1948).

How the news media can get to that position is nicely analyzed in this somewhat dated Fortune piece:

https://fortune.com/2020/11/02/dewey-defeats-truman-1948-election-2020/

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Jingthing said:

You don't like Biden and you want to suggest he's impaired with bogus evidence  Not very charming. 

Actually, I don't like Trump.  You want evidence?  Have you ever watched and listened to Biden? 

You should learn about the U.S. government, too.  Many people thing the Supreme Court rules on guilt and innocence.  It does not.  Only on whether or not a law or action is Constitutional.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/8/2020 at 6:24 PM, nev said:

I don't give two hoots who wins just pointing out it is not over yet, remember Gore and Bush in 2000 it did not get determined until 15th December.

Gore and Bush in 2000 was down to something like 500 votes.

In the disputed states Biden won by 10,000 or more votes.

Not the same at all.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Is this real said:

Actually, I don't like Trump.  You want evidence?  Have you ever watched and listened to Biden? 

You should learn about the U.S. government, too.  Many people thing the Supreme Court rules on guilt and innocence.  It does not.  Only on whether or not a law or action is Constitutional.

My impression is that everyone knows that.

You remind of a man I met who told me "A whale is not a fish."  I just looked at him because every child knows that. He thought I disbelieved him and continued "No really a whale is not a fish."  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cdemundo said:

My impression is that everyone knows that.

You remind of a man I met who told me "A whale is not a fish."  I just looked at him because every child knows that. He thought I disbelieved him and continued "No really a whale is not a fish."  

Actually, very few know this.  If they did, there would be no reason for Biden's speech about Obamacare.

• Haha 1

I wonder if they will rip into him about his druggie kids and his son having held a very lucrative position in an industry he knew nothing about??

No chance. Unless he does something they don't like.

Meanwhile, they rip into trump about the dress his wife wears or his son claps his hands funny, maybe he has autism.

The press are animals.

• Thanks 1