What Biden's victory means for Thailand and rest of the world

webfact

As kids we were all "Walt Disneyed" into believing the home of democracy etc. Plainly the voting system is not democratic. How many million more votes does Biden have (last election also; the loser had many more votes than Trump)? The State legislatures have honoured the memory of Gerry Mander when setting house seat boundaries. The Senate seems to be the more important legislative chamber. Here North Dakota equals California in representation.

I suggest that a study of the Decline of the Roman Republic (not empire) could be useful.

4 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

You don't read the news much do you.  He's laid out his policies fairly well.  Republicans in the senate are controlled by that horrible politician, Mitch McConnell.  He blocks everything he can just to cause problems.  Luckily, Biden has a good relationship with him.  You should research that.

I have.   He is bringing in ex Obama staffers that did little to compete with China trade or military wise. 

Google: senator jim jordan on biden .    His words are sharp and confrontational.  Don't see any Kumbaya moments coming to capital hill anytime soon. 

Biden has a good relationship with Mitch McConnell.   Two horrible politicians who have a good relationship.   The country is in good hands. 

5 hours ago, jingjing99 said:

Any truth in rumors  about Trump already organizing his own pardon, for misdemeanors, abuse of office , deliberate lies etc ?

Its widely understood that he is considering self pardon for federal crimes. But it's unknown if that is constitutional as its never been litigated. However he definitely can't be pardoned for state crimes.

To add my opinion. What sort of person pardons himself? A guilty person. 

https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/524786-like-it-or-not-a-trump-self-pardon-may-be-coming-soon

Like it or not, a Trump self-pardon may be coming soon

On July 22, 2017, President Trump tweeted that he had the “complete power to pardon.” Roughly a year later, he tweeted about his “absolute right to PARDON myself.” 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Lacessit said:

As far as merits and honors go, Trump did not start any wars. Converting hatred, vindictiveness and toxicity into a memorial will take some doing.

Probably the only reason why Iran did not escalate further after the assassination of one of their Generals is because they accidently shot a civil airplane out of the sky full of their own right when covid happened. He did not start any wars, but he sure as hell tried his best.

• Like 2

Seems to me Biden has been christened President only by the media. Voter fraud challenges are coming, if they fail then he will be President. There again the VP of Hope and Change that offered no hope or change could hardly ever be accused of doing anything to shake up the cesspool of Washington. He will just be more of the same, after all that's what his financial backers want.

I'm not American but my understanding is that the Electoral College is to stop the large states totally dominating politics. Like Australia the US is a federation of states, in a federation all states want some say, if not they would never have joined the federation. If the deal got changed would the all the states remain in the federation?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Imo it represents the return to normal diplomacy no more pandering to dictators ,holding hostile foreign powers responsible for bounty’s on American GIs ,no more betraying allies and sending they and their families to their deaths (Kurds) no more attacking your allies and friends before starting trade wars with a powerful adversary.a much more responsible response to the environment and on and on and on 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nev said:

Newsmax is the only decent unbiased news channel in America, And it doesn't matter who the news channels call president elect or whatever you want to call.

Until it is all signed off like it or not Trump is still POTUS.

He's what is known as a lame duck President. Unfortunately, due to his disregard for long-established conventions, he has until January 20 to vent his spite and vindictiveness. He'll try to do as much damage as he can.

I'm wondering what the death toll and active case numbers of COVID-19 will be come that date. 100,000 new cases every day, on average.

1 minute ago, Lacessit said:

He's what is known as a lame duck President. Unfortunately, due to his disregard for long-established conventions, he has until January 20 to vent his spite and vindictiveness. He'll try to do as much damage as he can.

I'm wondering what the death toll and active case numbers of COVID-19 will be come that date. 100,000 new cases every day, on average.

What's the virus got to with all this? Maybe you are barking up the wrong tree regards the virus.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, PhonThong said:

. But then again, the stupid don't know how the system is suppose to work. 

Couldnt said it better myself. 10 points

Trump declared after the election, He had a great winn, the greatest ever by any sitting presidents

Edited by Tagged
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, nev said:

What's the virus got to with all this? Maybe you are barking up the wrong tree regards the virus.

If you don't understand the connection between the spread of coronavirus in America, and Trump's statements in that regard, I really can't be bothered explaining it to you.

• Like 1

On 11/9/2020 at 6:39 AM, yellowboat said:

What Biden is going to do is a mystery, as he never talked about policy.  The republicans in the senate dislike him.  He will not get much from them.   

Biden will forge a working relationship with Senate Republications.     He's a positive person and not out to create divisions.

2 hours ago, Andy from Kent said:

Biden will forge a working relationship with Senate Republications.     He's a positive person and not out to create divisions.

Thanks Mrs. Biden.   

After three years of Russia Gate, a rather groundless impeachment, worries of Chinese ties, constant attacks from the corporate media and silicon valley, it would be wishful thinking that Biden will mend fences.   There are 72,057,511 Americans who voted against him.   They will determine how lawmakers will deal with him in the future.    Even within his own party, he will have to tread softly. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

52 minutes ago, yellowboat said:

Thanks Mrs. Biden.   

After three years of Russia Gate, a rather groundless impeachment, worries of Chinese ties, constant attacks from the corporate media and silicon valley, it would be wishful thinking that Biden will mend fences.   There are 72,057,511 Americans who voted against him.   They will determine how lawmakers will deal with him in the future.    Even within his own party, he will have to tread softly. 

After Trump preaching the virtues of positivity to his base, it's refreshing to see one of his supporters can still be negative.

Biden spoke yesterday about the Obamacare case with the Supreme Court.  How it would be so bad if it was overturned.  He doesn't seem to understand that the court's only purpose is to rule on whether a law is legal ... not the wonderfulness of it.  Is Obamacare legal according to the U.S.Constitution?

Biden also had a difficult time reading the script and talking without a script.  He's not going to make it, folks.

Close attention should be paid to Kamala Harris, since she'll be President in a short time.

• Like 1