O-A visa with compulsory exit after three months ?

I am organizing myself for coming back to Thailand, and today I phoned the Thai embassy in Rome to get information for the non imm O-A visa.

They told me that the O-A visa they are issuing is for one year, multiple entries, but with a compulsory exit every three months.

It is the first time that I hear this, maybe I am a bit forgetful, can somebody confirm me if this is the common rule ?

Of course I am not worried about the need to take a short exit end re-entry every three months, but if every time I need to be quarantined.........????

By the way, about the same O-A subject, the one year of validity starts from the visa date or from the entry in the country ?
And, after getting the visa, after how long it is needed to enter in Thailand to avoid that the visa expires ?

Many thanks for any help

25 minutes ago, federicoP said:

I am organizing myself for coming back to Thailand, and today I phoned the Thai embassy in Rome to get information for the non imm O-A visa.

They told me that the O-A visa they are issuing is for one year, multiple entries, but with a compulsory exit every three months.

It is the first time that I hear this, maybe I am a bit forgetful, can somebody confirm me if this is the common rule ?

Of course I am not worried about the need to take a short exit end re-entry every three months, but if every time I need to be quarantined.........????

By the way, about the same O-A subject, the one year of validity starts from the visa date or from the entry in the country ?
And, after getting the visa, after how long it is needed to enter in Thailand to avoid that the visa expires ?

Many thanks for any help

I have never heard of an O-A visa holder having to leave every 3 months, but it does seem to say this on the Thai Rome embassy website, i thought they might have mixed up the 3 month leaving with the 90 day(3 month) report to immigration you need to do.

4. Non-Immigrant O-A Long Stay Visa (Visa Validity 1 year / Period of Stay 3 months (multiple entries) / Fee of 175 Euro)

Required documents:

Edited by howerde
MISSING TEXT
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, howerde said:

I have never heard of an O-A visa holder having to leave every 3 months, but it does seem to say this on the Thai Rome embassy website, i thought they might have mixed up the 3 month leaving with the 90 day(3 month) report to immigration you need to do.

That is certainly an error on that website. A OA visa allows unlimited one year entries for a year from the date of issue.

This from the Department of Consular Affairs website. 

image.png.f533a88aa59ebe054d07d2d1a173d4e7.png

Source: https://consular.mfa.go.th/th/content/80309-non-immigrant-visa-“o-a”-long-stay?page=5d68c88b15e39c160c0081e2&menu=5d68c88b15e39c160c0081e3

• Like 1

10 hours ago, federicoP said:

They were talking about the Non-O multiple visa, and not the Non-OA visa. Maybe the person who you talked to was confused.

• Like 2