Tonino Lamborghini to open Phuket hotel

webfact

Tonino Lamborghini to open Phuket hotel

By The Nation

800_6e1378cf3e16e71.jpg?v=1605098305

Italian brand Tonino Lamborghini has unveiled plans for its first hotel on Phuket, in a collaboration with property developer Utopia Corporation.

Scheduled to open in 2023, the Tonino Lamborghini Boutique Hotel Phuket will occupy beachfront plot in Chalong Bay.

Construction will start in August 2021, with completion expected by July 2023 before a grand opening in November 2023.

The low-rise retreat is the vision of Alexander Wong, founder of the multi-award-winning Alexander Wong Architects.

Inspired by Miami’s South Beach, the hotel will feature a signature Red Pool to evoke the atmosphere of a Floridian beach club.

Ferruccio Lamborghini, CEO and vice president of Tonino Lamborghini, hailed the Thai expansion as a landmark, after the company opened branded hotels in Suzhou, Kunshan and Huangshi, as well as a real estate project in China, and a residence project in Brazil. Ferruccio is the third generation of the Lamborghini family, famous for its luxury sports cars.

Utopia Corporation currently operates three own-branded hotels in Phuket: Utopia Kata, Utopia Loft, and Utopia Naiharn.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/property/30397770

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-11-12

Just now, Old Croc said:

You're obviously unaware that: 

"Chalong Bay is also a popular spot for adrenaline-fueled water sports, such as kite-surfing."

Stayed on that stretch once... horrible beach!   Kite surfing...That’s to stay out of the plastic bags no doubt

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Ferruccio Lamborghini, CEO and vice president of Tonino Lamborghini,

Strange that the actual Ferruccio Lamborghini died in 1993, Still there must be lots of people in Italy and elsewhere named Lamborghini. Hotels probably have nothing to do with Lamborghini Tractors.

Oh OK I get it. the car Lamborghini is now owned by Audi. This is the efforts of the grandson to stay useful.

10 hours ago, webfact said:

plans for its first hotel on Phuket, in a collaboration with property developer Utopia Corporation.

10 hours ago, webfact said:

Construction will start in August 2021, with completion expected by July 2023 before a grand opening in November 2023.

Utopia Corp. ... Its good to be optimistic , but it's better to be realistic ...

On 11/11/2020 at 6:33 PM, Olmate said:

They are Red, not your normal pool . Thought that was Ferrari,s colour.

The pool is that red strip separating the sand from the hotel.  More like a moat if you ask me.

I think the went with red because nobody wants to enter a pool of yellow water

12 minutes ago, Iron Tongue said:

The pool is that red strip separating the sand from the hotel.  More like a moat if you ask me.

I think the went with red because nobody wants to enter a pool of yellow water

You wouldnt use the beach so any colour pool ok.

On 11/12/2020 at 10:28 AM, Enzian said:

utopia is a word taken from Greek that means nowhere, or no place. It may end up applying very well here.

Utopia has at least 3 resorts operating in Phuket now.

My wife's son still has a job at the Naiharn complex despite the dearth of tourism.

https://utopia.co.th/hotel-operation/utopia-naiharn/

• Like 1

On 11/12/2020 at 8:01 AM, bdenner said:

Another hotel! That's all Phuket needs right now.

Another unneeded development in a place way, way overbuilt with hotel rooms and condos. Phuket is an environmental disaster. The covid epidemic has been a huge positive for the environment here. The water has not been as clear as this in 20 years. This would be a great time for a building moratorium. It's insane that they keep building. 

6 minutes ago, Pinot said:

Another unneeded development in a place way, way overbuilt with hotel rooms and condos. Phuket is an environmental disaster. The covid epidemic has been a huge positive for the environment here. The water has not been as clear as this in 20 years. This would be a great time for a building moratorium. It's insane that they keep building. 

I don't think the problem lies with 5* resorts or, in this case, boutique hotels.

I do, agree that the oversupply and environmental problems stem from the hundreds of multi roomed hotel blocks and condos thrown up to extract maximum profit from the tourism golden goose.

I believe upmarket developments, designed to blend into the environment, are the future of the Island, and hope most of the concrete high rise eyesores will not survive the current crisis.

It's time to recognise that Phuket and surrounds are world class destinations and are not just for backpackers and girlie bar aficionados. There are other places more suited for that purpose.