Soldier steps on mine, dies

geovalin

A military border guard died at the Preah Vihear Provincial Referral Hospital after stepping on a landmine and suffering injuries to his right leg and body last week.

The incident took place in Choam Ksan district’s Sra Em commune.

Hospital director Sok Veasna said the officer, Mut Khuoch, a 26-year-old from Kampong Thom province, died upon arrival.

read more https://www.phnompenhpost.com/national/soldier-steps-mine-dies

• Sad 2

10 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

If he was assigned to the post why did he not know where the mine was so he could avoid it, or was he visiting where he should not have.

Are you not aware of how  many mines  are  still  about in Cambodia and along the  Thai /Cambodia  border?

Many of the millions of them that were planted  were never recorded as to whereabouts.

4 minutes ago, Dumbastheycome said:

Are you not aware of how  many mines  are  still  about in Cambodia and along the  Thai /Cambodia  border?

Many of the millions of them that were planted  were never recorded as to whereabouts.

Read the whole article and now I can see they were on patrol and not inside a commune as I read in the shortened version.

12 hours ago, geovalin said:

The incident took place in Choam Ksan district’s Sra Em commune.

Inside a known area is different then out in the unknown area and you are correct lots of mines still out there from many years.

• Like 1