TripAdvisor slaps warning on Thailand's 'Sea View Resort & Spa' review page

webfact

1 hour ago, mark131v said:

Aww mate, you a bit dim or too lazy to read the article?

He paid 6k baht for the room that's not the action of a cheap charlie

Never been a whiner just don't bend over and accept Thainess like this, do you bend over to be accepted? I reckon you do...

What has Thainess to do with the very common rule worldwide that you don't bring your own drinks into a restaurant for free. The manager who told him was European btw.

1 hour ago, mark131v said:

Awww mate don't cry...

I am not crying just saying how it is , seems to me your the same kind of keyboard warrior as this guy , as i said don't worry i won't shame you on any website your free to bend over whenever and where ever you want , not my kind of thing tho . 

Just now, Nanaplaza666 said:

I am not crying just saying how it is , seems to me your the same kind of keyboard warrior as this guy , as i said don't worry i won't shame you on any website your free to bend over whenever and where ever you want , not my kind of thing tho . 

Okey dokey...

4 minutes ago, John Drake said:

Are you saying Richard Barrow conspired to give this resort a bad name? Sounds like you are guilty of defamation? Got a lawyer?

Your words not mine. I have a lawyer in the family, a friend who is one and at work we have a lawyer company too. enough for you?

Edited by FritsSikkink

1 minute ago, FritsSikkink said:

What has Thainess to do with the very common rule worldwide that you don't bring your own drinks into a restaurant for free. The manager who told him was European btw.

Blimey all out today...

Have you thought of why it's all over the world press and there are multiple topics on this??? Nope didn't think so

This whole topic is Thainess bottled, it's all about thin skinned, small pecker, vindictive little people and their inability to lose face at any expense, do you really not get it??

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mark131v said:

Blimey all out today...

Have you thought of why it's all over the world press and there are multiple topics on this??? Nope didn't think so

This whole topic is Thainess bottled, it's all about thin skinned, small pecker, vindictive little people and their inability to lose face at any expense, do you really not get it??

Its also about the gung-ho , "no one tells me what to do" , "I do what I want" , vindictive , immature cry baby American , who continued his attack, even after he had won (by having the corkage fee waived)

Just now, CorpusChristie said:

Its also about the gung-ho , "no one tells me what to do" , "I do what I want" , vindictive , immature cry baby American , who continued his attack, even after he had won (by having the corkage fee waived)

No this is about thin skinned, small minded dim people that cannot see the big picture, it's about people who are willing to trash their business over face...

It's also about the hang em high brigade and their nervous cousins who get sand in their vagina's whenever a Thai is upset

It's also about the pedants that cannot accept facts when they are right there in plain sight...

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

So once again. Who do you think won here?

A small minded dick of a guy, who's petty reviews wouldn't have gained any attention whatsoever, or the hotel, and Thai hospitality in general, after the global media firestorm that resulted from the use of draconian defamation laws, and the subsequent warning from TripAdvisor.

I know which one I'm going with.

Might be nice to hear how other Thai hoteliers are feeling towards Sea View Resort & Spa after all of this global attention?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, GinBoy2 said:

So once again. Who do you think won here?

A small minded dick of a guy, who's petty reviews wouldn't have gained any attention whatsoever, or the hotel, and Thai hospitality in general, after the global media firestorm that resulted from the use of draconian defamation laws, and the subsequent warning from TripAdvisor.

I know which one I'm going with.

Might be nice to hear how other Thai hoteliers are feeling towards Sea View Resort & Spa after all of this global attention?

Your flogging a dead horse with that one mate, if closed minded and pedantry was a sport he would Olympic standard

Would love to be a fly on the wall in TaT though as this hotel owners behaviour is going to cost them dear

All this bad PR has gotta be hurting the legitimate hard working business's would hate to be in their shoes suffering for the petulance of these children..

On 11/12/2020 at 2:36 AM, webfact said:

Now TripAdvisor, the review website everyone loves to hate, is warning potential travellers to a particular Thai hotel that they could face severe consequences for sharing negative opinions about their experience.

Surely, Trip Advisor should also make clear that this applies to all hotels in Thailand, not just this hotel, should any one make a negative comment about the hotel they stay in they could face the same consequences 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Johnthplumb said:

Surely, Trip Advisor should also make clear that this applies to all hotels in Thailand, not just this hotel, should any one make a negative comment about the hotel they stay in they could face the same consequences 

I honestly doubt there was any that petty or vindictive that they would have done what Sea View has done even before this happened, most have more business sense, this is why this is news it's rare as hen's teeth

Sea View though is owned and operated by a very influential family on Koh Chang and I guess they aren't used to any dissent maybe they got too big for their boots, either way they've been slapped down now

• Like 1

20 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

No , he and the hotel came to an agreement .

Stop the abuse and the hotel will drop the charges .

Both agreed to that and he was free to go .

There was no decision in Court because all charges were dropped  

Corpus. I believe when the charge was filed initially he was held in jail

22 hours ago, phetphet said:

Yes, but if they do, they might also get the same treatment from TA, warning potential customers what might happen.

Any other hotels seeing what has now happened, might be likely to try and resolve a different way.

There we go again a person using logic in thailand.  Yes for some it May but there will I think still be one that thinks he can get away with it.

I would also not be surprised if the seaview does not raise holy hell

On 11/12/2020 at 4:08 AM, CorpusChristie said:

He needs a warning placed on him, warning hotels about letting him stay and the consequences of not letting him drink outside vodka on their premises

Oh it’s Vodka now, before you said it was beer. Seems you need a warning placed on you too for false information. 

On 11/12/2020 at 10:16 AM, CorpusChristie said:

The guy didnt write a honest review though , he wrote numerous false allegations because he got charged corkage on alcohol be bought into the hotel from outside .

The American guy waged a campaign against the hotel because he got upset about not being allowed to bring in beer from 7/11 .

Unfair on the hotel for Trip advisor to issue a warning , when the American guy wrote false reviews 

I dunno, all he said was they treat their Thai staff badly and that it was 'modern day slavery' That statement isn't necessarily 'untrue' as 'modern day' slavery is not the same thing as 'slavery' paying low wages and long work hours can be called modern day slavery.. it just wasn't a big deal..  It was a ridiculous over reaction by this hotels management.  And the Thai police and prosecutor should have never prosecuted this case. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mark131v said:

I honestly doubt there was any that petty or vindictive that they would have done what Sea View has done even before this happened, most have more business sense, this is why this is news it's rare as hen's teeth

Mark, you have missed the point here. Not only Trip Advisor, but all airlines should notify travelers that if you make negative reviews in Thailand, that your passport could be confiscated and you could be put in jail, EVEN IF YOUR REVIEW IS TOTALLY TRUTHFUL. 

The fact that most establishments would NOT do this is irrelevant. It can still happen and those laws should be revoked. They will not be revoked, however, until self interest tips in favor of revocation.

Accurate publication of the risks by all travel sites and airlines will show Thais the real downside of such awful laws.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, mark131v said:

Blimey all out today...

Got enough of your racist BS, get a life.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Watchful said:

Mark, you have missed the point here. Not only Trip Advisor, but all airlines should notify travelers that if you make negative reviews in Thailand, that your passport could be confiscated and you could be put in jail, EVEN IF YOUR REVIEW IS TOTALLY TRUTHFUL. 

..................and how many people have been prosecuted in Thailand for making honest reviews ?

Even , how many have been prosecuted for making fake reviews ?

59 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

..................and how many people have been prosecuted in Thailand for making honest reviews ?

Even , how many have been prosecuted for making fake reviews ?

Section 330. Truth as a Defense

In case of defamation, if the person prosecuted for defamation can prove that the imputation made by him is true, he shall not be punished. But he shall not be allowed to prove if such imputation concerns personal matters, and such proof will not be benefit to the public.

Hmm. I wonder if the wealth of an Individual or individuals would be a factor in whether or not law enforcement or a judge, etc, would decide if something was a personal matter or if it wasn’t knowledge beneficial to the public. I guess it would be a huge factor in a country that’s inherently corrupt. Thailand isn’t inherently corrupt, is it? 

• Like 2

On 11/12/2020 at 8:43 PM, Brollox said:

Yeah its amazing how people support a lie. I wonder now, if under Thai defamation law TripAdvisor executives themselves could be liable for arrest upon arriving in Thailand in the future?

That's a possibility however TripAdvisor isn't some expat teacher living in Thailand who is easy to slap around.  TripAdvisor is a successful corporate entity with deep pockets, lawyers, and a social media platform of their own.  If a sole entity like Seaview used the courts with the explicit or implicit approval of ministries like the TAT then Thailand wouldn't have to worry about the government's reaction to Covid ruining the tourism industry.  Try to toss a TripAdvisor exec into jail or take other actions to censor their platform in Thailand and they'd have the attention of the global main-stream media and every other travel site which publishes hotel and trip reviews.
Look at the global press coverage of Barnes incarceration.  Now multiply that by 100.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Johnthplumb said:

No it doesn't apply to all hotels. 

Do you really think Hilton or pick your brand name would put this guy in jail?