UK PM Johnson's Brexit 'brain' Cummings to leave Downing Street

rooster59

17 hours ago, RuamRudy said:

I am more than happy to continue this discussion with you, but might I suggest that we continue it on the Scottish thread a couple of pages back? These BritNats are obsessed with the sactity of this failing union and never miss an opportunity to derail topics by injecting Scottish independence into it, but there is a more appropriate place for it. 

That takes some beating RR. You bang more drum than Ginger Baker ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/18/2020 at 12:02 AM, 7by7 said:

Tell that to @transam!

It was his constant references to the war and then the roles his parents played and his implications, and sometimes actual statements, that this meant his opinion was valid whereas anyone who disagreed with him was anti British which prompted the posts you object to!

Speaking personally, I know lots of facts about how the EU functions, the UKs relationship with the EU both pre and post Brexit and the effects on this country of both a decent trade deal and anything in between up to and including the worst possible outcome for the UK; no deal.

It's not my fault that posting those facts means certain people can only respond with their 'anti British' knee jerks.

It's you who does not respect the democratic vote of your countrymen, you would rather back foreigners than your own.....Very sad indeed.....

• Like 1

From Margaret Thatcher's press secretary and ardent anti EU campaigner:  Why was it left to Carrie Symonds to rid No10 of Dominic Cummings? asks BERNARD INGHAM

Of one thing you can be sure: Dominic Cummings, the PM's former chief adviser, seems to know nothing about the British constitution and seems to care even less. You might reasonably say the same of Boris Johnson.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, 7by7 said:

In post after post you indicate that you wish to turn my country into some sort of quasi North Korea where the democratic right to criticise the government is viciously supressed.

That is not what my father spent 6 years of his life fighting for; and I doubt that it's what yours did either!

That my belief of what is best for the future of the UK differs from yours does not make me anti democracy nor a Brit hater. Yet you continually have to resort to such insults because you cannot put forward any cognitive arguments to support your own view. It is that which is very sad.

More twisting,  and a ridiculous assumption, but expected. 

And don't talk to me about insults, YOU are the one that continually use the words "ignorant and ignorance" because you really do think you are better than the rest.

You can hide behind your bluster, but the fact remains you do not respect the democratic vote of the UK populace because you think your thoughts are better than the rest. Now that sounds more like a Commy country talk to me....????

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Rookiescot said:

You have managed to convince yourself that only Brexiteers are patriots and anyone who did not vote for or support Brexit is anti British at best and a traitor at worst.

Thats a ludicrous position to adopt.  

Another twister comment....You are making yourself look daft....

My anti-British comments are aimed at posters here via their written words and support of foreigners trashing the UK comments, you are one.....????

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Right so I did not twist anything then. You think that only those who believe in Brexit are patriots.

The comments are not anti Brit they are anti Brexit.

How on earth have you managed to convince yourself the two things are the same?

Splitting up Britain is your intention and I would hardly have thought it being conducive of being a British patriot, but hey, what do I know.????

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Right so I did not twist anything then. You think that only those who believe in Brexit are patriots.

The comments are not anti Brit they are anti Brexit.

How on earth have you managed to convince yourself the two things are the same?

Don't think you can read English chap....????

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, transam said:

Don't think you can read English chap....????

I know when you have failed to come up with a counter argument because you post this sort of nonsense. Its laughable really. But you always post some asinine rubbish just because you feel you have to get the last word in.

I feel sorry for all of those people who had the misfortune of climbing into your taxi. It must have been a torturous journey for them.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Rookiescot said:

I know when you have failed to come up with a counter argument because you post this sort of nonsense. Its laughable really. But you always post some asinine rubbish just because you feel you have to get the last word in.

I feel sorry for all of those people who had the misfortune of climbing into your taxi. It must have been a torturous journey for them.

What taxi.......?

Are you feeling OK ?.....????

2 minutes ago, transam said:

What taxi.......?

Are you feeling OK ?.....????

Maybe I confused you with Kingdong. His posts are just as asinine.

Still I'm sure you managed to bore all those fish into the net as you floated around the south coast in your inflatable flamingo ????

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, vogie said:

Splitting up Britain is your intention and I would hardly have thought it being conducive of being a British patriot, but hey, what do I know.????

Not a lot it seems.Try telling somebody from Scotland,Wales,NI or even the English to be a "British" patriot.While you are at it engage the Cornish and some of the Islands how British they feel.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, adammike said:

Not a lot it seems.Try telling somebody from Scotland,Wales,NI or even the English to be a "British" patriot.While you are at it engage the Cornish and some of the Islands how British they feel.

Logically speaking a British patriot would not want to split Britain up, are we together on that?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Maybe I confused you with Kingdong. His posts are just as asinine.

Still I'm sure you managed to bore all those fish into the net as you floated around the south coast in your inflatable flamingo ????

Yep, you are having a confused day today. I never had an inflatable flamingo, anywhere....????

No wonder you can't figure out my posts.....

14 hours ago, 7by7 said:

I repeat: you continually have to resort to such insults because you cannot put forward any cognitive arguments to support your own view. It is that which is very sad.

So you must be able to provide some examples of such posts.

I doubt it; because like your absurd allegations that I post in support of terrorists, they are figments of your fevered imagination.

Addendum:-

I have in the past occasionally used the words 'ignorant' or 'ignorance' when referring to another posters lack of knowledge on a certain subject. That is, after all what those words mean.

"ignorance

/ˈɪɡn(ə)r(ə)ns/

Learn to pronounce

noun

lack of knowledge or information.

"he acted in ignorance of basic procedures"

Definitions from Oxford Languages"

That my use of proper English somehow offends you is your problem, not mine.

More waffle....

You have said in the past.."Islamic terrorists are not Muslims, because your Muslim friends said so".......????

1 minute ago, Phulublub said:

I don't have any Muslim friends.  But I agree that "Islamic" terrorists are not Muslims.  Similarly, "Christian" terrorists are not Christian.  Because a terrorist - of whatever persuasion - proclaims membership of any faith based organisation does not make it so. 

I was heartened by the loud and widespread condemnation by leaders of many gfaithes and none of the perpetrators of the Manchester bombing.  Sadly, this doe snot happen nearly often or widely enough.

A terrorist is a terrorist is a terrorist.  To kill or maim others because "My God is better or more right that your God" is just so far off the wall of sensibility thatI struggle to comprehend.  Then again, I strugge to comprehend the whole religion thing anyway but the vast majority of those who do follow one do so in a way that does not impact those who do not share their view.

PH

So the thousands of ISIS members are not Muslims. UK home grown terrorists from Muslim families are not Muslims. ?

If that is the case why are they doing exactly what the book they follow tells them regarding infidels... ?

1 hour ago, transam said:

Why are UK home grown terrorists from Muslim families blowing themselves up...?

Because they have been brainwashed by others who are also not Muslims.

Why do "Christian fundamentalists" go out and shoot people? (Not in the UK, before you query this, but it is a worldwide problem).

PH

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Phulublub said:

Because they have been brainwashed by others who are also not Muslims.

Why do "Christian fundamentalists" go out and shoot people? (Not in the UK, before you query this, but it is a worldwide problem).

PH

Many brainwashed in Muslim Temples, do you deny that doesn't happen.....?   ????

1 minute ago, Phulublub said:

No.  Do you think I have denied this?  Unike you appear to be, I am not so blinkered that I cannot see both sides.

PH

So they are allowed to be brainwashed into terrorism in a Muslim Temple........

So Islamic terrorists are Muslims...Thank You....????

• Sad 2