UK PM Johnson's Brexit 'brain' Cummings to leave Downing Street

rooster59

6 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

How did every other country which left the empire manage it?

Or is Scotland unique in that it is incapable of either starting its own currency or using the Euro?

https://ec.europa.eu/info/business-economy-euro/euro-area/euro/use-euro/euro-outside-euro-area_en

I didn't say it was impossible. I said it was difficult and can take many years.

I assume that as a fiercely proud Scots nationalist so keen on an Independent Scotland that you wouldn't entertain the idea of using the Euro and having your monetary policy dictated by the European Central Bank?

That would hardly be Independent now, would it?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rookiescot said:

Its a lot more independence than we currently have what with being shackled to an extreme right wing government in Westminster hell bent on a Brexit Scotland does not want.

Why not create your own currency and go it alone? I thought you wanted to be Independent?

57 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

1666 Euros seems is a lot.

Belgium has since innumerable years a colossal debt, is  actually 460 billion, there are about 11.5 million inhabitants in Belgium, that must be a lot per head.

I just checked the U.K., the actual debt seems to be 2 trillion Pounds, I don't know how much that represent by head.

Pretty sure most country worldwide have such gigantic debt, but I don't know if those figures have a really impact on the daily life of the man in the street. 

It certainly is a lot in one go. Great news for the net recipients like Poland and Romania of course. They'll be rubbing their hands together.

Not so good for the net contributors like Netherlands and Belgium, but that's the rules of the wealth transfer scheme formally known as the EU. If you want the privilege of being ruled by the EU commission, you have to pay the price.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

If you want the privilege of being ruled by the EU commission, you have to pay the price.

That's my  concern, and sure for others too, 

The E.U. has never concretely influenced my daily life;

will it now? or again not ?

One can speculate negatively or positively.

Sure is,

We will have to wait and see.

1 minute ago, stevenl said:

So you're saying being controlled by the English is better than having a say in the EU, where many countries have a voice.

"Controlled by the English", I thought parliament was controlled by MP's from the union countries, which can change at any election....

So you reckon, say Romainia, is really taken notice of.... ????

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Look at the brexit results, a major factor in this renewed scottish push for independence.

I would say only the English say they are not dominating the UK.

And you are Scot, Welsh, N.Irish or English...?

• Confused 2

3 minutes ago, evadgib said:

The English or rather their constitution has been under attack for years. Why do you think they are the only country in Europe without a parliament and being targeted to being carved up into regions?

Thankfully many are waking up but it's taken time...

The English are being targeted to being carved up into regions?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, stevenl said:

So you're saying being controlled by the English is better than having a say in the EU, where many countries have a voice.

Having a voice and having a say are two different things.

Once the UK leaves the EU an "Independent" Scotland  if it ever is stupid enough to try it, will never be allowed to join the EU.  They can never meet the fiscal requirements as stated above and politically they will never be allowed in.  It needs a unanimous vote by all the present members to agree entry.  There are many EU countries in the EU who will never back a "breakaway country/region" being admitted to the EU due to their own internal "separatist regions".  Spain is a classic example of a veto country in waiting!

• Like 1