Trump asked for options for attacking Iran last week, but held off: source

snoop1130

4 minutes ago, pixelaoffy said:

Iran doesn't have nukes and Trump wanted to take military action but fortunately there are a few sane people to stop the so called commander in chief 

There is the concern that Iran are trying to make nuclear bombs and the USA has been trying to make sure that they do not manage to make them .

Trump had the final say in the matter and it was him to decided against military action 

1 hour ago, CorpusChristie said:

What "havoc" has been created ?

Are you aware that Trump decided NOT to use military force ?

I'm aware, from the headline, that 45 asked for options for attacking Iran last week.  His decision NOT to use military force was based on feedback from adults in the room.  Your comment tries to  make it seem like he was the one that was against the use of force; when in actual fact it was his idea in the first place!

• Like 2

Just now, polpott said:

Perhaps this will explain it better for you.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-election-2020/trump-iran-strike-nuclear-site-attack-b1723987.html

"Donald Trump reportedly asked his White House advisers last week for “options” to attack Iran’s nuclear facilities, according to a report."

Not options whether to attack or not, different options for an attack. He wanted to attack nuclear facilities in Iran, and asked what options he had for doing this.

Luckily his advisors persuaded him that he was having a mental breakdown and persuaded him that attack was not an option.

Yes, he would need to know all his options and then decide on what action to take .

BTW , how do you know what Trump wanted to do ?

• Thanks 1

Just now, CorpusChristie said:

There is the concern that Iran are trying to make nuclear bombs and the USA has been trying to make sure that they do not manage to make them .

Which they weren't until trump unilaterally pulled out of the Iran deal.

Besides, what business is it of the US, OK for Israel to have nuclear weapons but not Iran? Who got to decide that? Israel is more than capable of taking care of itself and has bombed the same facility in the past.

In reality he wanted the president elect to enter the Oval Office with a war on his hands.

1 minute ago, animalmagic said:

I'm aware, from the headline, that 45 asked for options for attacking Iran last week.  His decision NOT to use military force was based on feedback from adults in the room.  Your comment tries to  make it seem like he was the one that was against the use of force; when in actual fact it was his idea in the first place!

Yes, if a hostile Country is moving nuclear material about , military action would need to be considered and its down to Trump to enquire about the consequences of such action

• Haha 1

Just now, CorpusChristie said:

Yes, if a hostile Country is moving nuclear material about , military action would need to be considered and its down to Trump to enquire about the consequences of such action

Imagine if there was an internationally backed treaty with Iran and ratified by Iran that allowed for inspections and audits of Iran’s nuclear activities.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, polpott said:

Is it pathetic to tell the truth? If you are a Trump supporter, probably yes.

No, I am not a fan of Trump or any other POTUS but I have the feeling that he's a man with a plan, but he need that 2nd term to execute it because then he has his hands free. Doesn't happen many times in a century that a man with balls is at the helm ... Biden certainly not ...

• Like 1
  • Sad 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Jack Mountain said:

I have the feeling that he's a man with a plan, but he need that 2nd term to execute it because then he has his hands free

He has had his hands free for the last four years and has categorically proved that he never has a plan.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, CorpusChristie said:

Iran still has the agreement with other Countries , E.U, Russia , China and a few others 

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-33521655

"But in May 2019 Iran suspended commitments under the agreement and gave the other signatories a 60 day deadline to protect it from US sanctions, otherwise it said it would resume production of highly enriched uranium."

• Like 1

16 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I guess the good news is that he still asks some advisors and he doesn't just use the nuclear code which he has. 

As far as I understand he could just decide to nuke them and it would happen. Scary, very scary.

Why is it scary, he was democratically voted by the people to represent them. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Eric Loh said:

Reading problem? He asked for options to attack but held back by the elders in the room. Trump is a hawk. 

I agree with you that he was held back.

Who was the president who considered sending troops to North Korea, South China Seas and now Iran?

There might be more countries that he threatened but I haven't been keeping tabs on all his threats.

If this is not considered war-mongering , what is?

We were nearly on the verge of a World War 3 because of a war-mongering president.

Edited by EricTh
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Why is it scary, he was democratically voted by the people to represent them. 

And he was democratically deselected. Try telling that to Trump.

US? Democracy? Don't make me laugh.

Edited by polpott
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, ezzra said:

It would have a good opportunity to test those US  Massive Ordnance Penetrator (MOP) bunker-busters, a GPS precision-guided bomb... MOPs, the biggest non-nuclear bombs in the US arsenal, are reportedly able to penetrate through 200 feet (60 metres) of earth and 60 feet (18 metres) of concrete, making them a direct threat to any underground facilities in neighbouring count...

MOP is made by Boeing Defense.

Trump has always put pressure on U.S. allies to buy products from Boeing, the country’s second largest defense contractor which received $104 billion in unclassified defense contracts between 2014 and 2018.

He never cleaned or drained the swamp.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

Who elected him to be Islamic state leader ?

Al-Qaeda in Iraq reorganized and renamed itself into Islamic State in Iraq during this time. In June 2014, the group permanently broke with al-Qaeda, renamed itself the "Islamic State", and declared itself a caliphate.[11] Baghdadi was chosen caliph of ISIL by the Shura Council, who represented those members of the Islamic State qualified to elect a caliph.[12]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abu_Bakr_al-Baghdadi

• Like 1