Thai public health minister sets up "Weed Committee" to spread the word about marijuana

webfact

1 hour ago, webfact said:

It is clear that at present only marijuana for medical not recreational use will be allowed

What is not to understand? It is clear as a  bell and has been since this began. Nothing has changed. 

If you can't do the time don't do the crime. Especially you farang people.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, CraigInBangkok said:

As far as I can see all they have done is made hemp semi legal.

Pretty much. Max. THC and/or CBD 0.2%. Ten households chosen for pilot project.

Far from what plank-head's party, BJT, ran on.

Good luck getting any votes. assuming there's a "next" election.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CraigInBangkok said:

As far as I can see all they have done is made hemp semi legal. Stalks, roots and leaves and no flowers  is not cannabis/marijuana. I hope I am  wrong here but it looks like they are gonna <deleted> this up aswell. 

EDIT: Also what good is a 34 person committee, why not just print a list of what can and can't be done

Politicians everywhere love empire building. 

4 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Isn't Buriram Anutin's home town.  Maybe he has his own indoor grow going and will lead the way with Thailand's first Cannabis shop selling all including edible chocolate marijuana undies

I've tried some non-edible anchovie variations over the years.. not impressed.

• Haha 2

I'll make "complex" very simple:

1. Only special people will be allow to grow the plants.
2. Only special companies can process the plants and make special products.
3. Only special clinics can give you small amounts of the special products processed by special companies and grown by special people.

4. You could be dying of cancer and in agony, but if you get caught growing your own plant or taking a puff off the leave of the plant your grew to ease your pain, you'll be labelled a "criminal" and thrown into jail.
5. No common Thais (not special) will be allow to grow cannabis for their own medicals needs.  Anyone who attempts to relieve their own suffering by using cannabis will be labelled a criminal and thrown into jail. 

Simple.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Guitar God said:

they’re in phase two with a pilot program where citizens can grow at home and sell it back to the government. 

...they’re in phase two with a pilot program where a special sub-class of selected special citizens can grow at home and sell it back to the government. 

I seriously, seriously doubt that any normal, average, rural commoners in my village will be allow to grow cannabis for sale back to the government. 
We will probably see the friends of those villagers with rich friends with connections in the right ministries and with the puuyais in the local government agencies being licensed to grow.  I.e., the rich and connected will be allowed to get richer.  Average, commoners?  "You petty commoners just keep growing rice and corn.  The lucrative crops will be reserved for special villagers."

My wife has about 1/5 of a Rai of otherwise unused land she could cultivate cannabis on.  When they allow my wife to cultivate cannabis to earn additional money - then I'll believe the hype.  Until then.  I don't believe anything other than the deck will be stacked in favor of those who are rich and connected.  TIT.  I've lived here long enough to see how it works.

What's that new saying?  "Change My Mind!
Go for it.

Edited by connda
  • Like 2

Living in a country where we legalized marijuana recently...  I can telly the effect of tourism on our country.

Absolutely zero.  Most people don't travel half way around the world to get high on weed.  In the amazon rain forest a select few do to deal with depression, and this is well known and has nothing to do with this common plant.  

It would be like going to Laos just for beer Lao.  Great beer, but I wouldn't go to Laos for that.  

5 hours ago, Blumpie said:

Living in a country where we legalized marijuana recently...  I can telly the effect of tourism on our country.

Absolutely zero.

it seems that you know the whole world...

And if people do not travel only for weed most of my friends travel where weed is also available easily, so they like Thailand ❤️

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Guitar God said:

You’re not keeping up with the news if you think nothing has changed. Extracts are available free in government hospitals in every province and now they’re in phase two with a pilot program where citizens can grow at home and sell it back to the government. 

Thank you for making my point. 

11 hours ago, Blumpie said:

Absolutely zero.  Most people don't travel half way around the world to get high on weed.  In the amazon rain forest a select few do to deal with depression, and this is well known and has nothing to do with this common plant.  

It would be like going to Laos just for beer Lao.  Great beer, but I wouldn't go to Laos for that.  

Amsterdam does ok out of it

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

They've been spreading the word since I was a kid in the Sixties, and doing a fine job too!Bill and Ben the pot flower men! Ooops!

Flower POT Men I used to watch it in black and white in the 50's

Edited by ChipButty
  • Like 2