Scotland's Sturgeon puts UK on independence warning: We want a referendum soon

webfact

1 minute ago, Rookiescot said:

Yeah but you're English and we Scots all hate you. You need to understand, and yes I appreciate you arrived late and have not read the rest of the thread, that us Scots are all racist's and bigots.

We hate you English. 

haha we know but we dont care, you're not important. Funny thing is (and get ready to hear the sound of yet another bursting bubble, but it seems 55% of Scotand love us

Here's a novel idea . . . why not run along and all go live in an EU country? Oh sorry I just noticed, you're in Nong Khai, basically proving you are a bigot. Remember all the Brexiteers who lived abroad getting slagged off? You're the same as them hahaha ohhh this just gets better and better (or should I say bitter and bitter). I can feel the anger in your messages

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:
13 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Who's confusing fulfilling the stated will of the people with "suddenly" needing to back an opposition party? When it comes to something that is so significant; leaving the EU was and forever will be far more significant than any Scottish independence, isn't it the right thing to work together in the national interest?

Why is the Brexit polluting this thread?

When it comes down to something as fundamentally against my principles, there is now way I would ever support Brexit. If a referendum to bring back the death penalty ever passed, should I throw out my objections and support the concept because it was 'the will of the people'?

Of course not. If there was such a referendum, you would vote based on your beliefs and principals and if you were on the 'losing' side of said referendum, you could still be proud that you stood up and voted for what you believed. Then you could go on the internet and gurn about it on anonymous forums.

Stop being obtuse.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Walter Travolta said:

haha we know but we dont care, you're not important. Funny thing is (and get ready to hear the sound of yet another bursting bubble, but it seems 55% of Scotand love us

Here's a novel idea . . . why not run along and all go live in an EU country? Oh sorry I just noticed, you're in Nong Khai, basically proving you are a bigot. Remember all the Brexiteers who lived abroad getting slagged off? You're the same as them hahaha ohhh this just gets better and better (or should I say bitter and bitter). I can feel the anger in your messages

Living in Nong Khai means I'm a bigot?

Good grief thats stretched logic even for an Englishman. ????

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Yeah but you're English and we Scots all hate you. You need to understand, and yes I appreciate you arrived late and have not read the rest of the thread, that us Scots are all racist's and bigots.

We hate you English. 

We know that you do, English dont hate the Scots though

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

And yet another example?

Sorry I thought you were new on this thread.

Hoisted by your own petard ????

Yes another example from someone who has nothing to say so tries spinning the convo. Theres loads like you kid and so transparent

If you have got anything to say about why you would be better off leaving the UK and joining the EU then lets have that instead of your child like nonsense. Hve the EU even said they would accept you? Barnier puts your GDP in his back pocket every month so I highly doubt they would take on a liability, stick with the UK lad, better the devil you know

• Haha 1

Just now, CorpusChristie said:

We know that you do, English dont hate the Scots though

Really? According to NanLaew we are all bigots and racists. Seems pretty evident that he dislikes Scots.

Oh hold on. Are you saying Brexiteers like NanLaew like racists and bigots?

• Like 1

Just now, Walter Travolta said:
6 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

And yet another example?

Sorry I thought you were new on this thread.

Hoisted by your own petard ????

Yes another example from someone who has nothing to say so tries spinning the convo. Theres loads like you kid and so transparent

If you have got anything to say about why you would be better off leaving the UK and joining the EU then lets have that instead of your child like nonsense. Hve the EU even said they would accept you? Barnier puts your GDP in his back pocket every month so I highly doubt they would take on a liability, stick with the UK lad, better the devil you know

Easy there Walter, you are dealing with a rookie Scot so don't expect the arguments to be overly complex.

Just now, Rookiescot said:

Really? According to NanLaew we are all bigots and racists. Seems pretty evident that he dislikes Scots.

Oh hold on. Are you saying Brexiteers like NanLaew like racists and bigots?

There you go again putting words in peoples mouths, you should apply for a job at C4News. Oh no, wait, they have enough like that already! BBC perhaps hahaha what a large cup

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Rookiescot said:

Living in Nong Khai means I'm a bigot?

Good grief thats stretched logic even for an Englishman. ????

A Scotsman living in Thailand disagreeing with the majority of Scots living in Scotland  who voted to remain in the Union .

When was the last time that you lived in Scotland and why did you leave and do  you ever get homesick  ?

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, NanLaew said:

Easy there Walter, you are dealing with a rookie Scot so don't expect the arguments to be overly complex.

He hasnt brought 1 debate about the referendum yet, just simple insults and wild guesses. It seems people like this are more interested in personalities and how racist or fascist 1 iss so they can keep using them. Youre right, The English dont hate the Scots and many Scots dont hate the English, but the haters hate because they are jealous we create the wealth for our union and drip feed them the scraps

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

Yes to prove that many Brexit voters did so because of immigration. Some on here even revel in it.

But at least those guys are honest and dont try and pretend they voted because of something else. 

The race card again

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Walter Travolta said:

There you go again putting words in peoples mouths, you should apply for a job at C4News. Oh no, wait, they have enough like that already! BBC perhaps hahaha what a large cup

You really need to read the rest of the thread before you turned up.

Just making yourself look silly now. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Walter Travolta said:

He hasnt brought 1 debate about the referendum yet, just simple insults and wild guesses. It seems people like this are more interested in personalities and how racist or fascist 1 iss so they can keep using them. Youre right, The English dont hate the Scots and many Scots dont hate the English, but the haters hate because they are jealous we create the wealth for our union and drip feed them the scraps

Good lord, you don't really worry about irony, do you?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, 2530Ubon said:

I thought the same until I read more, and then gave it more thought.

1) They voted to remain as part of the UK, which was a part of the EU; the largest single market.

2) Now the UK has left the EU, even though Scotland overwhelmingly supported remaining in the single market

3) Scotland does not wish to join a new union - It wants to remain a part of the bigger union that it was a member of just one year ago.

I have known this ever since I read it was about Brexit. Brexit won and the Indys wanted another ref as the goalposts moved after Brexit. I get that. But they aint getting a ref, no means no unless you're a wee Kranky who cant accept the word no. Like I said, if they get it and win, good luck to them but the EU will screw them into the ground just like they have done recently with the small fish. Ireland came back to the UK cap in hand and we obliged. I would have told them where to go and the same goes for Scotland, the EU will finish Scotland

1 minute ago, CorpusChristie said:

Why wasnt Scotland granted independence if the majority voted for it ?

Because the franchise was extended to English, Welsh and NI residing in Scotland, plus EU nationals who were told by Project Fear that they would lose their right to remain in an independent Scotland if they voted for independence. This group was sufficient to tilt the balance in favour of No. 

BTW this is not fanciful speculation but the result of academic research. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

When it comes down to something as fundamentally against my principles, there is now way I would ever support Brexit. If a referendum to bring back the death penalty ever passed, should I throw out my objections and support the concept because it was 'the will of the people'?

No, all we ask is that you grow up and accept defeat. You should be used to it by now

9 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

A Scotsman living in Thailand disagreeing with the majority of Scots living in Scotland  who voted to remain in the Union .

When was the last time that you lived in Scotland and why did you leave and do  you ever get homesick  ?

That was then. What about now?

39 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

You need to do some more research. IF the Shetland Isles declared independence they would be an enclave.

Do the Channel Islands own half the English channel?

Does the Isle of Man own half the Irish sea?

Go find out.

Does the isle of dogs own half the thames?good point