21st floor condo low water pressure issue...need advice

WaveHunter

On 11/28/2020 at 4:37 PM, WaveHunter said:

TaLked with the Juristic Person of the condo and she said that a water pump could make the pipes in the wall burst!

She showed me the pipes outside my condo in the hallway and they look very old and not in the best shape, but I find it hard to believe a small booster pump could do that.  What do you guys think?

That's the JP's way of telling you to forget it.   You have been warned about potential problems!

• 1 month later...

Just an update.  I bought the water heater / pump that I described in detail.  It has been installed for over a year now and has suited me perfectly.  Max temperature is higher than I would even want, and pressure, while not as high as I had in my US Condo, is still adequate and a huge improvement over what I had before installation. 

And just as important, the build quality and reliability of this low priced unit from China seems very good.

So, bottom line, if you have similar low pressure issues, I would look into this unit.

Oh, and BTW, the Juristic Person's remark that such a unit could damage pipes inside the wall between the unit and the outlets was just a bunch of BS. 

Edited by WaveHunter

On 11/27/2021 at 12:21 PM, johng said:

Which one was it that you finally bought ?

Company is http://www.anlabeier.com/

I purchased it on Alibaba. https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Wall-Mounted-mini-electric-hot-shower_62534462550.html?spm=a2700.galleryofferlist.normal_offer.d_title.779d1116Am5HP3

Minimum order quantity is stated as 2, but they will sell you one if you just say you want it as a "sample"

Here's a YouTube video they posted:

590787490_snapshot_2020-12-02at1_47_52PM.jpg.181966ae30e48102bac52213a4060903.jpg

It mounts in-shower or under sink where my old water heater was located (and was very easy to swap out the old one for this one.  It delivers a maximum temperature of 55 Celsius, and boosts pressure from what it is now, which is around 3 liters per minute to about 5 Liters.  I was hoping it would be more since the standard flow rate in hotels is usually around 7-8 Litres per minute, but maybe 5L should be OK (I'm hoping).  

Considering that I found absolutely no such products with an in-shower pressure boosting pump being sold in Thailand (i.e.: Lazada) or any of the home improvement chains, I was thrilled to find it, and for over a year now it has worked perfectly.

I forget what the shipping cost was, but total cost for unit and expedited shipping (5 days) was around 3,000 THB.  Pretty good deal if you ask me ????

• Thanks 1

Just now, WaveHunter said:

Company is http://www.anlabeier.com/

I purchased it on Alibaba. https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Wall-Mounted-mini-electric-hot-shower_62534462550.html?spm=a2700.galleryofferlist.normal_offer.d_title.779d1116Am5HP3

Minimum order quantity is stated as 2, but they will sell you one if you just say you want it as a "sample"

Here's a YouTube video they posted:

590787490_snapshot_2020-12-02at1_47_52PM.jpg.181966ae30e48102bac52213a4060903.jpg

It mounts in-shower or under sink where my old water heater was located (and was very easy to swap out the old one for this one.  It delivers a maximum temperature of 55 Celsius, and boosts pressure to about 5 Liters per minutes (double what I had initially without the unit).  I was hoping it would be more since the standard flow rate in hotels is usually around 7-8 Litres per minute, but maybe 5L has been just fine.  

Considering that I found absolutely no such products sold here in Thailand with an effective pressure boosting pump (i.e.: Lazada) or at any of the home improvement chains, I was thrilled to find it, and for over a year now it has worked perfectly.

I forget what the shipping cost was, but total cost for unit and expedited shipping (5 days) was around 3,000 THB.  Pretty good deal if you ask me ????