Brexit talks still stuck because EU is asking too much, UK says

snoop1130

3 minutes ago, Phulublub said:

As is the further fall in the Pound today as the prospect of No Deal becomes more likely

Cost of Living rises baked in.  But you knew what you were voting for.

PH

The Pound is at the same level as it was back in March .

But you would love it wouldnt you, if the Pound plunged and foods costs rose and Brits suffered .

British people have sacrificed their lives for freedom , a few hardships wont bother us .

We may soar in the future , whilst you will still be bailing out Greece and Poland 

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Alternatively the UK might be back begging at the IMF.

Leaving the UK’s largest trading partnership without a deal in the midst the worst recession for 300 years is not a smart move.

https://wap.business-standard.com/article/international/uk will-suffer-its-deepest-recession-in-more-than-300-years-rishi-sunak-120112600083_1.html

Yes, you can live in hope , who knows what will happen in the future .

You can live in hope that the UK gets the most severe punishment and Brits suffer horrendously  because we left you .

That can make you feel better and see it as some sort of revenge 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CorpusChristie said:

Yes, you can live in hope , who knows what will happen in the future .

You can live in hope that the UK gets the most severe punishment and Brits suffer horrendously  because we left you .

That can make you feel better and see it as some sort of revenge 

It’s not me who is living in hope.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Phulublub said:

So, if BJ accepts some restrictions in exchange for a trade deal (something Ministers have today been beriefing they are pulling out all thw stops to achieve), you will not have obtained what you voted for...I almost feel sorry for you.

PH

What I said was happy to accept anything which comes with No Deal  because I prefer No Deal. 

So if BJ accepts anything in exchange for a trade deal, it would be a different question. What restrictions? We know three major ones which would not be acceptable - so do you know of any alternatives?

Reported post removed.

Please be advised that a members nationality or location does not preclude them from taking part in any of the forums topis/discussions. References to such will be regarded as inflammatory, off topic or Trolling.

11 hours ago, Loiner said:

What I said was happy to accept anything which comes with No Deal  because I prefer No Deal. 

Time people woke up to the fact there is no such thing as "No Deal", it would be "no FTA" which means a bunch of mini deals.

On 12/11/2020 at 5:53 AM, CorpusChristie said:

We wanted to take back control of out borders and be independent from the E.U .

That isnt a "pipedream" , its the reality 

that's the very definition of a pipe dream,

taking back control of your frontier is mission impossible, look at all the refugees coming to your shores, they don't care about Brexit and they will keep coming, even without the EU

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, GrandPapillon said:

taking back control of your frontier is mission impossible, look at all the refugees coming to your shores, they don't care about Brexit and they will keep coming, even without the EU

The UK is a tolerant Country and we accept genuine refugees 

• Like 2

On 12/10/2020 at 2:06 PM, Phoenix Rising said:

I'm not a Brit but I thought this was pretty interesting:

Brexit-backing billionaire will build his SUV in France, not the UK

"Britain's richest man and Brexit supporter Jim Ratcliffe has abandoned plans to build a new SUV in the United Kingdom, dealing another blow to a car industry that has already been battered by the country's exit from the European Union and the pandemic.

Ratcliffe is the founder of Ineos, a chemicals company, and has a fortune worth nearly $28 billion, according to Bloomberg's Billionaires Index. Ineos said in a statement on Tuesday that its first vehicle, the Grenadier 4x4, will be manufactured at a plant in Hambach, France, that the company is buying from Daimler's (DMLRY) Mercedes-Benz."

Same with Dyson.

Campaigned for Brexit then moved his company to Singapore. 

• Sad 2

10 hours ago, GrandPapillon said:

Two different issues. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

We're saved..... Boris, the detail impresario, has taken personal charge of no deal preparations.....which begs the question.....what the hell has Gove been doing all this time?

Screen Shot 2563-12-13 at 05.19.22.png

No it doesn't.

On 12/8/2020 at 7:07 AM, CorpusChristie said:

Which will benefit the UK , the goods the UK produces will be cheaper for the World to buy

As I said "for all you British Retirees living in Thailand". What about the GBPs that you have to covert to Thai Baht? That's going to make a huge difference. On the upside of course, the cost of Imported PG Tips, Marmite and Digestive Biscuits may be cheaper. Great.

Here are my bold predictions ????

1. No deal, and chaos in the UK will endure

2. PM BoJo quit (flee) in the middle of the chaos, like Cameron and Farange did

3. A new PM is named (Maybot?)

4. The new PM promise to end the chaos by signing a new deal with the EU

5. The new PM capitulates to EU demand, and BREXIT becomes BINO ????

6. The EU owns YOU, Brexitteers <deleted> up, down, left and right ????

The end

Edited by GrandPapillon
  • Haha 2