Brexit talks still stuck because EU is asking too much, UK says

snoop1130

3 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

No deal is WTO for me always was. I have always believed that the UK can do better without the EU. Clear enough.

So that is one Brexiteer clear about what he voted for.  What about the rest of you, especially those who have been lauding BJ's efforts to get a deal?

Beacuse you all voted for the same thing, right?

PH

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sandyf said:

No deal was never an option, one way or another the UK must sign up to  "contingency deals".

I disagree David Cameron campaigned for the remain stating the UK will leave the ECJ, CU and SM. It is then the remainers came up with that term no deal.

Followed by soft and hard brexit.

The 31st December 2020 is also a fixed period.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

I was in favour of Brexit , because I thought that it was unfair on British people when Eastern Europeans came to the UK and received Council accommodation or when Europeans claimed housing benefit  , when there were many British people/families who are homeless .

So you think immigration is only fair when it suits.

The Polish Resettlement Act 1947 was the first ever mass immigration legislation of the Parliament of the United Kingdom. It offered British citizenship to over 200,000[citation needed] displaced Polish troops on British soil who had fought against Nazi Germany and opposed the Soviet takeover of their homeland. The act also supplied a labour force to the demands of war-torn Britain.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polish_Resettlement_Act_1947

• Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

I disagree David Cameron campaigned for the remain stating the UK will leave the ECJ, CU and SM. It is then the remainers came up with that term no deal.

Followed by soft and hard brexit.

The 31st December 2020 is also a fixed period.

Your words or not?  "No deal for this brexiter"

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sandyf said:

Your words or not?  "No deal for this brexiter"

Exactly using remainer Jargon so it is understood. I could easily say eaving the ECJ, CU and SM. I call that leaving the EU. It is what i voted for as many others did. After all the leader of the remain stated it over and over again.

Many remainers and EU lovers call it a no deal.

18 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

I was in favour of Brexit , because I thought that it was unfair on British people when Eastern Europeans came to the UK and received Council accommodation or when Europeans claimed housing benefit  , when there were many British people/families who are homeless .

Shame to your government of not taking more care of their own citizens.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

40 minutes ago, Phulublub said:

So that is one Brexiteer clear about what he voted for.  What about the rest of you, especially those who have been lauding BJ's efforts to get a deal?

Beacuse you all voted for the same thing, right?

PH

By the ballot ticket - obviously.

21 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

We were all E.U citizens , we all had to be treated the same .

I must have missed something, which is not exceptional.

I thought that the claim was about non Britons treated in a better way than the locals.

Hence my reaction that it is a shame from the British government to let that happen.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

I think immigration needs to be controlled .

I applied on site for work in construction in London .

Went onsite and asked about getting a job .

A Polish company had got the building contract (Because they were the cheapest) and were only hiring Polish builders .

In London , I was told to go to Warsaw and apply there for a job..............working in London 

There is something rotten in the state of Britain, if such behavior is tolerated by the ones in power.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CorpusChristie said:

Families arriving from  Europe went to the top of the waiting list because they were homeless and had nowhere to live , at the expense of UK people/families 

If these U.K. people/families were homeless too, it is a shame.

If they were not, and wanted better/more appropriate accommodation, it is a pity.

There is a freedom of movement in the E.U., so every individual from any country is considered as equal.

Many in the E.U. have a problem with this.

Pretty sure that was an important factor in the decision of the Britons to vote Leave.

Will now have to see, what concrete measures the U.K. will take, next year, to resolve this situation.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Phulublub said:

I think it is you who are sulkng. 

Many, here and elsewhere, have often pointed out that those who voted Leave did so for many very different reasons.  And some are contradictory.  Just becauser you cannot - or will not publicly - accept that fact is immaterial, but it is good to have others who are willing to reply with more than petty insults showing the diverse reasons they voted Leave.  At least they have reasons more than the racist xenophobes (some of whom live in foregin counrties).

PH

I can't believe you wrote that, no, I do believe you wrote that, well done.........:clap2:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Phulublub said:

I think it is you who are sulkng. 

Many, here and elsewhere, have often pointed out that those who voted Leave did so for many very different reasons.  And some are contradictory.  Just becauser you cannot - or will not publicly - accept that fact is immaterial, but it is good to have others who are willing to reply with more than petty insults showing the diverse reasons they voted Leave.  At least they have reasons more than the racist xenophobes (some of whom live in foregin counrties).

PH

We all voted leave.................because we all wanted to leave .

What other reasons would you like to hear ?

Whatever reasons people had, we all came to the same conclusion , and thats the only opinion that matters

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1