Who said Pattaya is Dead?

Meat Pie 47

7 hours ago, Traubert said:

You are clearly wasting your time.

As much as you want to report good news, the undead here will naysay it.

Plenty of good news here at the moment...Patts has never been better than it is at the present time :thumbsup:

• Sad 1

35 minutes ago, Wongkitlo said:

My friend has a restaurant on an upmarket tourist Island catering for Thais. He said until recently he has never been asked how much a bottle of water is. They are all travelling on the government scheme and have very little money.

And do they buy the bottle of water that (I assume) your friend is making money on ?

No parking to be had all the way along Jomtien Beach Road again this afternoon, the Jet Ski Championship seems to have been another good crowd puller for the businesses and vendors.  Pattaya Music Festival should ensure both Pattaya and Jomtien will be packed again next weekend like the fireworks event. Must have been a lot over in Koh Larn as the car parking area at Bali Hai was full this afternoon and plenty of activity at the terminal area. 

• Like 1

If they are going to keep closing Bach Road for these festivals they need to do something about the traffic. The traffic last weekend for the fireworks was the worst I've ever seen. I think they need to turn back 2nd Road to 2 way.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

Unusually for me I was out last night, we were in Jomtien, at 2300 hrs we headed back home to the Darkside, we took the long way home cos I wanted to experience a rocking Pattaya at a time of night I really used to enjoy before I settled down as a non tourist.

Our route took in 2nd road all the way to the Dolphin roundabout, down to Beach road and all the way to Walking Street, down WS not quite to Bali Hai where we hung a left and headed back to the Darkside, my observation for what it's worth is this: Pattaya is DEAD, no iffs, no buts, DEAD as a Dodo, for 2330hrs on a Saturday night it was unreal, no doubt I will be shouted down by the "Pattaya is great scholars" a great acronym  by the way ???????? But I have seen it with my own eyes now & I don't believe most of the guff I read on here, I have seen it now mid  mornings, mid afternoons & now at night when it used to be rocking.

And no, I'm not gonna get the memory card out of the dashcam cos I can't be a***d.

Try getting out of your pretend LandCruiser,! 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, roger101 said:

If they are going to keep closing Bach Road for these festivals they need to do something about the traffic. The traffic last weekend for the fireworks was the worst I've ever seen. I think they need to turn back 2nd Road to 2 way.

It was a nightmare for sure. I made the mistake of of driving into Central for lunch and parking up there before they closed Beach Road for the fireworks. I thought I could make a quick exit after the second display out onto second road and along Klang.  Big mistake. I spent 1 hour not being able to get out of my car parking space in Centraal, I gave up and walked back out for a late night snack and drink until the crowds dispersed another hour and a half later. Baht bus in and out for me next weekend for the music festival, lesson learnt. 

I've a feeling the music festival might be even busier

25 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

Unusually for me I was out last night, we were in Jomtien, at 2300 hrs we headed back home to the Darkside, we took the long way home cos I wanted to experience a rocking Pattaya at a time of night I really used to enjoy before I settled down as a non tourist.

Our route took in 2nd road all the way to the Dolphin roundabout, down to Beach road and all the way to Walking Street, down WS not quite to Bali Hai where we hung a left and headed back to the Darkside, my observation for what it's worth is this: Pattaya is DEAD, no iffs, no buts, DEAD as a Dodo, for 2330hrs on a Saturday night it was unreal, no doubt I will be shouted down by the "Pattaya is great scholars" a great acronym  by the way ???????? But I have seen it with my own eyes now & I don't believe most of the guff I read on here, I have seen it now mid  mornings, mid afternoons & now at night when it used to be rocking.

And no, I'm not gonna get the memory card out of the dashcam cos I can't be a***d.

The Falang tourist hotspot area's were dead.

You sound surprised... do you know entry to the country is currently restricted ?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

Not a lot of point when everywhere is shuttered and the lights are off.

No disputing the nightlife scene is dead since that main clientele can't get here, fortunately these weekend events whether they are your choice of entertainment or not are giving some much needed life and revenue to the town. Different customer base enjoying different forms of entertainment and relaxation. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Techno Viking said:

You sound surprised... do you know entry to the country is currently restricted ?

Not at all surprised, but some on here would have us believe that nothing has changed and pattaya continues to rock 24/7 365 ????????????????

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Techno Viking said:

The Thai spots aren't in better shape

so far Pattaya has lost 50% (300 000) of the thai people usualy working and living here

after this ''high season'' not coming, you can be sure few more will be back in their villages

The Pattaya economical net can not survive on the long run only with few Thais coming from Bangkok

during the week end, and the international tourism wouldn't be back before the end of the next year

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Techno Viking said:

Where do those numbers come from, can you link the source please.

https://www.pattayamail.com/news/pattayas-popular-low-cost-housing-area-goes-dark-336417

''Pattaya City Manager Teerasak Jatupong said Pattaya boasted a half-million informal workers in 2019 working in pubs, bars, karaoke clubs, hotels and restaurants. Sixty percent of them have now left town, he said.''

You are welcome

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

https://www.pattayamail.com/news/pattayas-popular-low-cost-housing-area-goes-dark-336417

''Pattaya City Manager Teerasak Jatupong said Pattaya boasted a half-million informal workers in 2019 working in pubs, bars, karaoke clubs, hotels and restaurants. Sixty percent of them have now left town, he said.''

You are welcome

Ohh ok, heresay, not facts.

Figured as much.

bit of a weird thing for old matey Teerasak to boast about though !!

Edited by Techno Viking
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

Okay, for the sake of the mods I will reword my reply, you claim it is hear say ? Did you read it ? Did you understand it ?

If you didn't read it why not ?

Why don't you believe a city official ? (Okay, just shot myself in the foot with that one)

And do you really believe that there has been NO adverse economic effect on Pattaya and it's poorest inhabitants ?

Please explain yourself.

Happy to be proven wrong with facts and will publicly put my hand up and say I was wrong.

Some dribble by a govement employee posted in a local rag aint facts.

• Haha 1