Does that fuel contain alcohol?? Bonus, how to remove said alcohol.

Crossy

Found this whilst searching for something else. For those with small engines that don't like ethanol in the fuel.

He also links to an actual percentage tester but it's out of stock ???? 

As a bonus, this method actually removes the ethanol from the fuel too.

Only special chemical needed is di-hydrogen monoxide which you should be able to find in your home.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Techno Viking said:

Funny you should say that, I looked into to extracting the ethanol to make moonshine when the booze bans were happening earlier this year.

Start with E85 for best production rate, I'm really not sure if I would ever be desperate enough to actually drink it :whistling:

PTT still sell "real" 95 at 30 Baht a litre, getting rarer and rarer. Our local outlet still has it so it's what goes in the small engines.

6 hours ago, Techno Viking said:

My research kept coming up with the side effect "may cause death"..... I abandoned the idea.

Industrial ethanol does not have the same quality requirements as alcohol for human consumption, so the odds are pretty good methanol will be there as well. It's where the term "blind drunk" came from. Methanol attacks the optic nerve.

7 hours ago, Crossy said:

Found this whilst searching for something else. For those with small engines that don't like ethanol in the fuel.

He also links to an actual percentage tester but it's out of stock ???? 

As a bonus, this method actually removes the ethanol from the fuel too.

Only special chemical needed is di-hydrogen monoxide which you should be able to find in your home.

Otherwise known as hydrogen hydroxide.

• Haha 1