Emergency health centres to open nationwide ahead of possible COVID-19 spread

webfact

On 12/7/2020 at 10:08 AM, hotchilli said:

Lets see what happens after the long up-coming weekend. Chiang Mai/Rai were hoping for an influx of visitors

hope they all return without a souvenir they didn't want?

The gift that keeps giving 

• Haha 1

On 12/7/2020 at 1:26 PM, Jeffr2 said:

We live in a country where English is not widely spoken.  Translation is a big problem.  If you follow the Thai news reports, you'll get much more info.  Most of which is never translated to English.

I know many in the health care industry.  They all say the government is reporting this fairly accurately.

NZ has had a couple of small outbreaks and they were contained quickly, and they did lockdowns Auckland for a few weeks, not the whole county, it is in control again. 

The biggest problem is the people returning to NZ, the quarantine facilities are full, and believe me they had some trouble with idiots escaping to buy alcohol. They have brought in the defence force now to control quarantine facilities. 

Maybe the Thai army should be on the job at borders now. 

42 minutes ago, kiwikeith said:

NZ has had a couple of small outbreaks and they were contained quickly, and they did lockdowns Auckland for a few weeks, not the whole county, it is in control again. 

The biggest problem is the people returning to NZ, the quarantine facilities are full, and believe me they had some trouble with idiots escaping to buy alcohol. They have brought in the defence force now to control quarantine facilities. 

Concertina wire going up.  Punji stick traps next.  ASQ facilities to be enclosed in a dome.  Robots to be used as medical staff by remote control .... wait sounds like China.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kiwikeith said:

Same thing happened in Mongolia.  They did a great job until a few violated the quarantine rules and caused a spread.  And a few came in across the border illegally.  They are now encountering their first wave.  Something that could easily happen here.

Congrats to Thailand for keeping up their guard.  Most of us don't want to go through a lock down again.  Bring on the concertina wire, punji stick traps, and ASQ facilities enclosed in a dome.  Robots to be used as medical staff by remote control would be nice also.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

Same thing happened in Mongolia.  They did a great job until a few violated the quarantine rules and caused a spread.  And a few came in across the border illegally.  They are now encountering their first wave.  Something that could easily happen here.

Congrats to Thailand for keeping up their guard.  Most of us don't want to go through a lock down again.  Bring on the concertina wire, punji stick traps, and ASQ facilities enclosed in a dome.  Robots to be used as medical staff by remote control would be nice also.

Thanks for borrowing my sarcastic quote....lol

• Like 1

On 12/7/2020 at 9:26 PM, Guderian said:

They need to lockdown all the provinces along the border with Burma and institute martial law along the border itself. That should stop these stupid, selfish people endangering us all, and if it doesn't then shoot to kill anyone crossing illegally. 

Have you actually  visited the border area, I'm sure a lockdown and martial law will immediately stop people crossing the border, considering in some areas the border is shared by both Thai's and Burmese people cutting thru' some  local villages. 

• Like 1