Glucosamine Chondroitin , anyone use this supplement ?

worgeordie

I used glucosamine/chondroiton for several years, was unable to perceive any benefit from it.

The evidence is better for zinc as an immune system booster, it's recommended to help reduce coronavirus risk of severe infection.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, worgeordie said:

Does anyone on TV use this supplement ?, what are the benefits,do you

buy it in Thailand or import it and from where and price ?

I have been taking glucosamine regularly for 4 years. It is very effective for my cervicals. I buy it via the internet from Piping Rock.

• Thanks 1

I've been taking glucosamine for well over 15 years. I have no idea if it is doing anything but my joints are in  better shape than any one I know my age (knock on wood!).  The evidence for it is mixed at best. I order it from either Lazada or iHerb.

Zinc on the other hand has been proven to reduce the severity of respiratory and diarrheal illnesses. I don't take it daily but at the least sign of a cold or sore throat -- or if I am run down for any reason e.g. lack of sleep or stress --  I take Redoxan (Vit C + zinc, effervescent tablets) which can be bought at any pharmacy and I swear by it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

I used glucosamine/chondroiton for several years, was unable to perceive any benefit from it.

The evidence is better for zinc as an immune system booster, it's recommended to help reduce coronavirus risk of severe infection.

and so does vitamin C

Take glucosamine/chondroiton for nearly 30 years,

In Europ in cold morning,had pain when closing my fists on my driving wheel and had knees pain.

Relief after some weeks.No problem anymore and I am nearly 70 now.I recommend.

A pharmacist here explained to me that glucosamine/chondroiton works for some people and not for others.  She suggested trying it for a month and if it doesn't make any difference, then there is no point in taking it.

It makes a big difference for me.  I bring it in from the U.S., via USPS, not a commercial courier like DHL/FedEx/UPS.  Sometimes I run out and start to feel it within a week or so.  It doesn't make any difference for Hubby. 

In the U.S. we had a dog who developed arthritis.  The vet suggested glucosamine/chondroiton for her.  There is no way she knew what she was being given, except that it was another cheese treat.  Within a week she was back to leaping up the stairs and running around the yard like a young pup.

Oh, I learned from Sheryl about Vitamin C/zinc to head off a cold.  Good stuff.  Really works.