Huge postage increase !

madox66

On 12/7/2020 at 5:36 PM, madox66 said:

Been to the main post office to sent 5 Xmas cards. The lady told me there was an increase in the postage but I never thought it would be that much for a regular, not registered air mail letter weighing just 16 g : 76 B for UK and 175 B for USA !! Next year I will send online cards.

Post.jpg

Why not take pics of a barely clothed bar girl pouring you a beer and super impose text on and send them via facebook messenger...

12 minutes ago, Jenkins9039 said:

Why not take pics of a barely clothed bar girl pouring you a beer and super impose text on and send them via facebook messenger...

But wait until the day after a huge cold front blows through back home.  Preferably with freezing rain.

22 hours ago, Susco said:

This is what I found about the UA tracking number on Google. It doesn't seem to be only Thai related.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Archive-Shipping-Returns/TRACKING-NUMBER-BEGINS-WITH-UA-INTERNATIONAL-FIRST-CLASS/td-p/26508394

How the post services treat the tracking numbers varies from country to country. You might get a totally different shipping type, depending on from which country you send, even if two tracking numbers start with the same letters. That post which you linked, about the US postal service, is completely unrelated to this topic here.

2 minutes ago, jackdd said:

How the post services treat the tracking numbers varies from country to country. You might get a totally different shipping type, depending on from which country you send, even if two tracking numbers start with the same letters. That post which you linked, about the US postal service, is completely unrelated to this topic here.

No it is not. Postal services all over the world are standardized these days, for the simple reason that other countries see from the tracking number how they should treat a particular postage.

E stands all over the world for Express, where R all over the world stands for Registered

On 12/7/2020 at 5:36 PM, madox66 said:

Been to the main post office to sent 5 Xmas cards. The lady told me there was an increase in the postage but I never thought it would be that much for a regular, not registered air mail letter weighing just 16 g : 76 B for UK and 175 B for USA !! Next year I will send online cards.

Post.jpg

I have plenty of nice cards for you. Only 10 baht per photo. 

1 minute ago, Susco said:

No it is not. Postal services all over the world are standardized these days, for the simple reason that other countries see from the tracking number how they should treat a particular postage.

E stands all over the world for Express, where R all over the world stands for Registered

Not in Germany, and since Germany uses their own system, there are probably more countries which do so as well.

In Germany it doesn't matter if you send it as express or registered, if it's a parcel above 5kg it always has a C tracking number, and once in Thailand all those parcels are processed as express.

If it's a parcel up to 2kg private customer's parcels will get a L tracking number, while business customers get a R tracking number. These parcel are treated the same in Germany as well as in Thailand, as registered.