UK, EU leaders to meet face-to-face to try to seal Brexit trade deal

webfact

23 minutes ago, vogie said:

If you cannot debate like a member should debate without throwing out your little insults and having to bring D Trump into it, are you so bitter, does it make you feel better.

You have part quoted me, why don't you show what I actually said instead of cherry picking a part of it.

If you allow me to borrow one of your quotes: 

"I think I'll end it here. I don't wish to waste my time any further. Good day to you sir."

Oops, almost forgot, on ignore.

There was nothing else worthwhile in your post- you said the leave campaign was 'duplicitous'. Again, I posted facts to prove this was incorrect. Interesting to note that you chose not to comment on my facts and evidence based post, rather you chose to become a victim. Classic Donald move...

Where did I insult you? I quite rightly pointed out that you ignore polls and evidence.... as you have just evidenced again dear boy.

Putting me on 'ignore' only further evidences that you are incapable of having a facts based debate. Your own opinion is supreme, and if you don't like what others are saying, you'll ignore the evidence and/or people.

I have several times posted fact based evidence - and you just ignore it, or say they are untrue. You have done this over several threads including this one.

I would prefer it if you could think of your own one liners and not steal mine.

Edited by 2530Ubon
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, 2530Ubon said:

Boris Johnson will be in the history books as the man who singlehandedly destroyed the United Kingdom. If i was a QAnon conspiracy theorist, I would think that this is America's 'revenge' for subjugation and burning down the white house & Capitol buildings. A wolf in sheeps clothing if you will.

Send in an American born man, make him look like a childish, friendly buffoon who couldn't harm a fly.

Then, slowly start to dismantle all of our achievements. One could hardly forget none other than Sir Winston Churchill was the founding father of the EU. But hey, let's get out man!

Dismantle the UK - he has been poking fun at Nicola Sturgeon and making comments such as devolution was a big mistake etc. Now the tories and UK government are so despised, that polls suggest Scotland will break away if given another vote.

More tosh, Boris had no control over who voted for Brexit. You are scrapping the bottom of your barrel...

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, transam said:

More tosh, Boris had no control over who voted for Brexit. You are scrapping the bottom of your barrel...

Erm, really? Boris campaigned travelling up and down the country talking to people for WHAT?

To convince them to buy payment protection insurance? Or to persuade them to vote leave?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

The Daily Express......555

And who said it!

It is still a lot less than remainer George Osborne is reported to have said, “We would be worse off, he suggested, by £4,300 per household, and there would be an additional £36billion spending deficit.

Maybe we'll put it all down to more remainer lies.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1076848/brexit-news-uk-eu-no-deal-george-osborne-referendum-campaign-remain-spt

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, 2530Ubon said:

Erm, really? Boris campaigned travelling up and down the country talking to people for WHAT?

To convince them to buy payment protection insurance? Or to persuade them to vote leave?

What happened in the General Election that we have just had, go on, tell me, did Boris and his Brexit campaign get trounced, or did he get the backing of the populace FOUR YEARS after the Brexit vote when all the talking you bring up was gone through.. YES or NO.......No waffle, just YES or NO......?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, TopDeadSenter said:

Totally agree, It has been the worst attempt to subvert democracy in modern times. Americans are upset after just a couple of weeks of uncertainty. The British public voted to Brexit and for the last 5 YEARS the establishment left have done anything and everything to ignore the will of the people after the "once in a lifetime, the will of the people will decide" referendum.

For the record, the correct time for Brexit to have been completed was 24 hours after the referendum back in 2016. The last 5 years of elites interfering with democracy has caused a breakdown of trust in government. Abolishing the house of Lords is an almost certain repercussion of their treachery. Good riddance. 

Some of the public

2 minutes ago, transam said:

What happened in the General Election that we have just had, go on, tell me, did Boris and his Brexit campaign get trounced, or did he get the backing of the populace FOUR YEARS after the Brexit vote when all the talking you bring up was gone through.. YES or NO.......No waffle, just YES or NO......?

What does that have to do with anything I said.

Again, you've ignored the fact based evidence and are just talking about your own opinion. Remaing in the EU was never on the ballot at the general election. The leader of the Opposition (none other than commie rebel Jeremy Corbin) ruled out a second referendum.

So in this instance, the two subjects are completely unrelated. If the opposition had backed a further in/out referendum and stood only on that platform, with the conservatives only running on the opposite platform, then your argument would have weight.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, transam said:

We have been through those questions you have put a zillion times, the fact is you do not understand the UK wants out of your club. We are out, get over it, concentrate on you paying more to bolster the Oliver Twist countries and not trashing the UK...You lot didn't trash the UK when you needed help did you, no you didn't...

After the referendum is before the referendum... to rejoin once the gnashing of gums can be heard because the pensioners can't afford dentures.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Susco said:

It is indeed not a massive tumble, though it is a DECLINE, where you spread the false news, like most Brexiteers do, that it had climbed by 0.64% against the dollar.

Quite a difference isn't it, and it shows how delusional the Brexiteers actually are

It's one day with about a 0.008 spread from start to finish. What are you on about?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, soalbundy said:

After the referendum is before the referendum... to rejoin once the gnashing of gums can be heard because the pensioners can't afford dentures.

Think you will find UK pensioners already have to pay for dentures, or part of, my 85 year old mum did...

5 hours ago, nauseus said:

As soon as I saw "pound tumbles" I stopped reading this BS.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/explainer-potential-impact-brexit-without-120602721.html

STERLING

Investors and banks have predicted that a deal will eventually be done, so a no-deal would hit sterling, according to major foreign exchange traders.

The shock referendum result on June 24, 2016 sent the pound down 8% against the U.S. dollar, its biggest one-day fall since the era of free-floating exchange rates began in the 1970s.

THE ECONOMY

A no-trade deal would wipe an extra 2% off British economic output in 2021 while driving up inflation, unemployment and public borrowing, Britain's Office for Budget Responsibility (OBR) has forecast.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Lets get something clear. the UK has left the EU. No amount of whinging will change that fact. We will not be rejoining in any near future.

Secondly it is always the Non Brits who love the EU keep telling us what a mistake we have done and the lies we were told. it is boring now. We all know the biggest lie was getting us to join in the first place, no mention of that though.

Besides being told what to do by unelected bureaucrats from Brussels and it seems many non Brits and a few Scottish ones, like that idea.

You say Brexit makes no sense. Here it is in a more simplistic way for visual learners. Look at the map of the world below and the EU. Well the UK can do business the way it wants without being told it can't or how, with all the other countries. It is that concept that frightens the EU to death.

See the source image

Agreed you Brexit is done.

Not agreed on how good Brexit is I dare you to find one economic article telling that the UK its trade is better without the EU then with. Please find it .

Just for your information Yes they can trade with Africa. But the whole of Africa for instance does not have the same GDP as Germany. So your map is nice, but total BS as it does not depict trading power or GDP. So while it might look good on your picture. Access to the whole of Africa still is not enough to counter the loss of just Germany. 

So please find me one article that shows that leaving the EU will be beneficial for the UK economically.  Just 1. 

I do agree it gets boring if you made a mistake and are constantly reminded what a fool you were and you cant prove you were not a fool. Kinda like the Brexiteers. So I get your frustration. You know you made a wrong choice hate to admit it get pointed that you did. 

All you can do is deflect and not come up with any credible backing stories.

Edited by robblok
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, robblok said:

I really wonder where you studied economics. I think you did not.

Suppose both sides EU and UK both lose out a bit then that bit that is lost out in the EU is spread out over all its members. While that same amount of loss will hit  much smaller economy (the UK) much harder. 

If 1 billion of trade is lost then the loss is spread out over all EU countries while the 1 billion that is lost will be hitting the UK all alone. 

Ill make it even easier suppose you and Bill gates trade and all of a sudden you break of trade. Who do you think would feel the result more in their wallet you (the poorer less large economy) or Bill Gates. I cant explain it any simpler if you still don't understand go back to school.

The only reason there is a hard line from the UK is that otherwise BJ would loose even more of his credibility.

No. It's not "spread out". It affects a few EU countries far more.

1 minute ago, robblok said:

Agreed you Brexit is done.

Not agreed on how good Brexit is I dare you to find one economic article telling that the UK its trade is better without the EU then with. Please find it .

Just for your information Yes they can trade with Africa. But the whole of Africa for instance does not have the same GDP as Germany. So your map is nice, but total BS as it does not depict trading power or GDP. So while it might look good on your picture. Access to the whole of Africa still is not enough to counter the loss of just Germany. 

So please find me one article that shows that leaving the EU will be beneficial for the UK economically.  Just 1. 

More scaremongering at the very early stage of the UK exit from the EU, why don't you come back in 5 years time and ask, it took us around 10 years to get over the last German thingy. so go relax....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

But the reality is that, if compromises are not found soon, the EU could soon be looking at a double “no deal” — with the British, and with the Poles and Hungarians. That would mean a breakdown in trading relations with the UK from January 1 — leading to the imposition of tariff barriers, long queues of lorries at the borders and possible confrontations between fishing fleets. The consequences of no deal with Poland and Hungary would be that the EU fails to agree a budget for the first time in decades — leading to a disruption in financial flows and a stand-off with Warsaw and Budapest that could conceivably culminate in two further departures from the EU.

A double “no deal” — in the midst of the coronavirus pandemic — would get the EU off to the worst possible start to 2021. But the consequences of two bad deals would last for decades."

https://www.ft.com/content/5a84ce50-dd03-4b85-92eb-2df08e1f8497

• Like 1

4 hours ago, nauseus said:

I accept it. But the reason for Brexit is not primarily economic. Just that the remainers can't accept this.

correct, the real reason for Brexit it's England Proudness nothing else and their argument over an insignificant fishing issue is the prefect example

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, nauseus said:

No. It's not "spread out". It affects a few EU countries far more.

Yes but still a lesser impact as on the UK. Good your catching up even spread out over a few its still the UK who is hurting the most. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Lets get something clear. the UK has left the EU. No amount of whinging will change that fact. We will not be rejoining in any near future.

Secondly it is always the Non Brits who love the EU keep telling us what a mistake we have done and the lies we were told. it is boring now. We all know the biggest lie was getting us to join in the first place, no mention of that though.

Besides being told what to do by unelected bureaucrats from Brussels and it seems many non Brits and a few Scottish ones, like that idea.

You say Brexit makes no sense. Here it is in a more simplistic way for visual learners. Look at the map of the world below and the EU. Well the UK can do business the way it wants without being told it can't or how, with all the other countries. It is that concept that frightens the EU to death.

See the source image

That's a lousy map, Gravy. But at least the EU is not visible. ????

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, puipuitom said:

1,1045 | GBP/EUR » Koers Valuta | IEX.nl  You mean: 1 GBP = € 1,1045

correct again 555

1GBP =1.10254EUR
1 EUR = 0.906997 GBP
1 GBP = 1.10254 EUR
British Pound to Euro Conversion
Last updated: 2020-12-08 06:10 UTC

https://www.xe.com/currencyconverter/convert/?Amount=1&From=GBP&To=EUR

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

correct, the real reason for Brexit it's England Proudness nothing else and their argument over an insignificant fishing issue is the prefect example

Wrong, But you're getting warmer.

• Like 1