Hospital mystery: Newborn baby goes missing - mum only saw her face for ten minutes

webfact

Hospital mystery: Newborn baby goes missing - mum only saw her face for ten minutes

6pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

A distraught couple have gone to the Muang Chonburi after their newborn baby - born two months ago - went missing. 

The police have said they have never heard of a case like this before. 

A Sanook report begged many questions in a story in which no hospital names were given. One appeared to be in Bang Lamung (Pattaya area) the other in Chonburi city.

They reported that Piyarat, 37, and her husband Panya, 29, were expecting their first child in October and arranged for the birth at Hospital A.

A daughter was born on October 11th but she was sickly so was transferred to Hospital B's ICU. 

The parents did not go with the child - the mother only saw her baby's face for ten minutes and the husband not at all.

Someone calling from the telephone number 063 615XXXX updated them regularly on the baby's condition until it was arranged on December 2nd that they could pick up their child.

They went to Hospital B on a motorcycle from Bang Lamung only to be told to wait some more. Then the phone contact went dead.

They slept at the hospital and tired of waiting on December 4th went directly to the pediatrics department and were told there was no record of their daughter being there.

They were advised to go to the police. 

Police, who said they had never heard of such a case, are investigating. 

Thaivisa hopes to follow up on this mysterious case...stay tuned. 

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-12-08

• Sad 3

It was reported in mgronline and banmuang (07/12/20) that the mother has confessed to police that it was all made up and she had aborted the baby in secret months before and only faked the pregnancy after the termination because she thought her husband would be angry at what she'd done.

Wouldn't surprise me if she was never pregnant.

Edited by katana
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, champers said:

My beloved other half's daughter and her neice (who she is very close to) both had babies this year. I cannot imagine the mothers or grandmothers letting 2 months pass without seeing them.

I felt the same wrt my wife's brother in Bangkok, wonderful doting and protective parents and grandparents. 

• Like 1

On 12/8/2020 at 10:13 PM, Scot123 said:

You have obviously never had a baby born in a thai hospital before. It is so far behind the west in terms of parental involvement. Father is not allowed in the delivery, baby is taken from the mother and returned quite some time later. The hospital nurses take over and parents are secondary.  This is very plausible story and the only bizarre thing said is the police saying they have never heard of anything like this before. Babies do disappear from hospitals and are stolen however the west have very stringent and strict security because of this. 

When my son was born in a Thai hospital some 15 years ago, (by C section), the doctors invited me into the operating room during the birth.  The baby stayed with its mother the whole time afterwards....

News report on the radio (103 FM) this morning updating the story. There was no baby, the lady miscarried after 2 months and made up the whole story about having a baby which was stolen. It sounds like she has mental issues; I hope she gets the help she clearly needs.