Rudy Giuliani, diagnosed with COVID-19, says will leave hospital soon

webfact

Rudy Giuliani, diagnosed with COVID-19, says will leave hospital soon

By Jarrett Renshaw and Jason Lange

2020-12-08T215144Z_1_LYNXMPEGB71T1_RTROPTP_4_USA-ELECTION.JPG

FILE PHOTO: Former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani, personal attorney to U.S. President Donald Trump, speaks after media announced that Democratic U.S. presidential nominee Joe Biden has won the 2020 U.S. presidential election, in, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, U.S., November 7, 2020. REUTERS/Eduardo Munoz

(Reuters) -President Donald Trump's lawyer Rudy Giuliani on Tuesday said he is feeling better after contracting COVID-19 and expects to leave the hospital on Wednesday.

The 76-year-old former New York City mayor, who is spearheading Trump's flagging effort to overturn the Republican president's election loss to Democrat Joe Biden, said he began to feel unusually tired on Friday.

By Sunday, when his diagnosis was announced, Giuliani said he was showing other "mild symptoms" but that currently he has no fever and only a small cough.

"I think they are going to let me out tomorrow morning," Giuliani said in an interview with WABC Radio in New York. He was at Georgetown University Hospital in Washington, two sources familiar with the situation said on Sunday.

Giuliani plans to attend a virtual hearing this week with Georgia lawmakers, one of the sources said on Tuesday.

With Trump's legal effort so far failing to convince any court of the president's claim that widespread fraud cost him the election, Giuliani has been meeting with state officials in a long-shot bid to persuade them to overturn the election results.

State and federal officials have repeatedly said there is no evidence of fraud on any significant scale. Across the country, courts have rejected cases seeking to toss out votes, including the U.S. Supreme Court, which on Tuesday refused to block Pennsylvania from formalizing Biden's victory there.

In Georgia, state lawmakers are due to hold a virtual meeting on Thursday to discuss election issues, following a hearing last week in which Giuliani urged the state's lawmakers to intervene to overturn Biden's victory in the state. Giuliani made similar pleas last week in Michigan and Arizona.

After news broke on Sunday of Giuliani's test result, the Arizona state legislature said it would close both chambers this week out of caution "for recent cases and concerns relating to COVID-19." Giuliani met with about a dozen Republican lawmakers there last week.

In his radio interview, Giuliani said he had tested negative just before his trip to the three states.

He also confirmed that Jenna Ellis, an attorney with whom he has worked side-by-side on Trump's legal challenges, also had contracted the coronavirus.

(Reporting by Jarrett Renshaw and Jason Lange; Additional reporting by Jan Wolfe; Editing by Scott Malone, Chris Reese and Jonathan Oatis)

reuters_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Reuters 2020-12-09

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/9/2020 at 8:40 AM, IgboChief said:

Well, being superstitious and believing in Karma, there is a lot of good news in here: If Rudy and Donald got it and recovered, than I surely would survive it.

Not quite!  I am sure that the health care you get will in no way equal theirs.  That is if you can get or afford American health care.

Edited by onthedarkside
cartoon removed

6 hours ago, vandeventer said:

Now lets all be nice and wish Rudy Giuliani well and a speedy recovery ,as he has a lot of work to do and so little time to prove without a shadows of doubt  that there was big problems with the election.

He's done brilliant work so far. As someone remarked, "If anyone is paying Giuliana $20,000 per day, it must be the Democrats."

Edited by placeholder
  • Haha 2

Trump and Friends Got Coronavirus Care Many Others Couldn’t

Ben Carson, Chris Christie and Donald J. Trump are not the sturdiest candidates to conquer the coronavirus: older, in some cases overweight, male and not particularly fit. Yet all seem to have gotten through Covid-19, and all have gotten an antibody treatment in such short supply that some hospitals and states are doling it out by lottery.

Now Rudolph W. Giuliani, the latest member of President Trump’s inner circle to contract Covid-19, has acknowledged that he received at least two of the same drugs the president received.

Trump and Friends Got Coronavirus Care Many Others Couldn’t - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

On 12/9/2020 at 9:38 AM, vandeventer said:

Now lets all be nice and wish Rudy Giuliani well and a speedy recovery ,as he has a lot of work to do and so little time to prove without a shadows of doubt  that there was big problems with the election.

Agree, hope he is out soon, so this will not be an excuse for any kind of delay in the courts.

Ben Carson Says He Was 'Desperately Ill' With The Coronavirus

Ben Carson said he was seriously ill with Covid 19 for some time and only got better after he was given the antibody treatment.

Carson said his initial symptoms were light, but then he became "desperately ill," and noted that he has "several co-morbidities" that played a role.

"President Trump was following my condition and cleared me for the monoclonal antibody therapy that he had previously received, which I am convinced saved my life," Carson wrote. He said he is now "out of the woods."

Ben Carson Says He Was 'Desperately Ill' With The Coronavirus : Coronavirus Updates : NPR

15 minutes ago, placeholder said:

"President Trump was following my condition and cleared me for the monoclonal antibody therapy that he had previously received, which I am convinced saved my life," Carson wrote.

Too bad Trump presumably hasn't deigned to personally extend the same experimental treatment privilege to virtually any of the 285,000+ Americans who have already died thus far from coronavirus under his watch.

Screenshot_3.jpg.76b0411fd8353e7b30fcf8b0e311ec7f.jpg

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#cases_casesper100klast7days

And the scary bit there is that the more than 3200 deaths the U.S. had yesterday is the largest daily toll to date... It's also the fourth time that the daily death toll number was broken in the past week. 

That's well more than Pearl Harbor or 9/11 and both of those led the country to war. In this case it won't even lead many people to wear masks to protect their fellow citizens. And why? Because one party decided to make masks a political issue.

Edited by jcsmith